ELIZABETHTON CYLCONES AT SUL. EAST PATRIOTS

GLee

Agreed. I have noted the weakness of Cloudland's and in particular Hampton's schedule several times. They can't help the regional opponents on their schedules, but really need to upgrade their nonconference schedules. Easier said than done, because many larger schools don't want to play them and risk a loss. Yes, I know Elizabethton can be accused of ducking them, but I don't make the schedule. When I did, my teams regularly played our county rivals.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True and Hampton is going to find that out in 1a. Hampton has a good team and they would have done good in 2a this year but the only team they have played is Johnson County and the rest of the teams have been awful. Same thing happened to Cloudland a few years ago they blew thru bad teams and was 10-0 and CAK with a 7-3 or 6-4 record that year beat Cloudland because they played better teams and got better and Cloudland had it made all season.

And yes, as was Coach Pless's theory for the Cyclones this year. "Play better teams and get better" such as CAK. We all knew it was going to be tough this year and it certainly has been an eye opening season. Hopefully it will continue to get better. Does it trully pay dividends come season end to have played such a tough out of conference schedule? When I was told of the addition of DB early in the schedule for the "play better teams and get better" theory, I thought it was a dandy idea. It's been rough, but I still like it. Science Hill, Greeneville & Dobyns Bennett. The scheduling of most of these games are locked in so it's not like you can change the dates on games. Dividend or a mistake???? Is it now that dividends are paid back?

And 17, I guess what one could say is that the players & coaches have been going thru a 'learning curve'.

:D

Edited by GLee

Cow Town is what 4A is about in this area. Them, TN High, etc. Man would it kill many traditions for them to step down to 3A. It's certainly tough, but the Cow Towners seem to get the job done consistantly. STAY PUT!!!

By the way, I told you guys after the SH game that the KID was the stuff. Now he has had his chance and proven that he is one of the top signal callers this side of Knoxville. Duhhhhhhhhhhh on the coaches for not giving him the show last year, but good for us they didn't.

TOPPERS RULE