1a Playoffs Shaping Up And Looks Good For Trousdale

steelcityroller

Alright here is a summary of what it looks like so far

Region 1: Hampton (7-1) Cloudland (7-1) Cosby (4-4) and a tossup

against

Region 2: Coalfield (7-1) Harriman (6-2) Midway (4-4) and tossup

Region 3: South Pitt (7-1) Lookout Valley (5-3) Whitwell (5-4) and tossup

Region 4: Trousdale (8-0) Friendship (7-1) Gordonsville (4-4) and Watertown (5-3)

Region 5: Jo Byrns (8-0) Eagleville (5-3) Forrest (4-4) and McEwen (5-3)

Region 6: Mt. Pleasant (8-1) Columbia Academy (7-1) Wayne (6-2) and Collinwood (5-3)

Region 7: Union City (5-3) McKenzie (5-3) West Carroll (4-4) and Lake Co (6-2)

Region 8: Jackson Christian (7-1) Fayette (6-2) Manassas (3-6) Halls (2-6)

Here is what I think of each of those pairings. I will give you some rundowns of teams I have seen and do some team comparisons.

Region 1 vs Region 2

I am going to say that after looking at the records and schedules that I think Hampton will plow through this part to face the winner of 3/4. I say that because they are 7-1 with the only loss coming to 4A Johnson County who is 6-2 and it was 16-12 and the first game of the year.

I hope I don't offend anyone but Region 2 is very overrated. I have heard alot of people say Coalfield is going all the way. Coalfield is the #1 and they beat #3 Midway 19-14. Midway also lost to Watertown 20-14. Watertown lost to Trousdale 52-7 so that doesn't say much for those two teams. #2 Harriman got blown out by Kingston who got blown out by Livingston who lost to Trousdale.

I say it will be Hampton vs Cloudland and the end of 1/2 picking Hampton

Region 3 vs Region 4

I am from Trousdale County so obviously I am going to say they are my favorites but it isn't gonna be handed to them. They play Friendship Christian next week and we will see how good they really are then. Watertown and Gordonsville are the two other region 4 teams and they were manhandled by TC.

South Pittsburg has a good team as usual and seems to be the team to beat out of region 3. However look at some games. South Pittsburg beat Sequatchie 7-0 while Whitwell lost to Sequatchie 28-6 and Whitwell only lost to Lookout Valley by a touchdown. Alright now Westmoreland beat Sequatchie 8-0. Westmoreland lost to Smith County 21-0 and Smith County lost to Trousdale 41-7. We will know a little more about how this region stacks up because Upperman plays Marion County next week and Marion County only lost to South Pitt by like 4 points.

Its gonna be Trousdale vs South Pittsburg at the end of 3/4 Picking TC

Region 5 vs Region 6

In region 5 you have Jo Byrns, Eagleville, Forrest and McEwen. I don't see much in this region to compete with Region 6 outside of Jo Byrns and I even question how great they are. Eagleville is probably gonna be the #2 in Region 5 and they lost to Region 6 Moore County 32-7 and Moore County isn't even going to make the playoffs. Jo Byrns played Cannon County and won 26-0. If you know Cannon County you know they are pretty bad. They lost to Westmoreland 42-0 and Westmoreland lost to Smith County 21-0 who in turn lost to Trousdale 41-7.

In Region 6 you have two pretty good teams in Mt. Pleasant and Columbia Academy. Mt. Pleasant's only loss came to Ezell Harding 21-12 and Ezell Hardings a good team. Jo Byrns played one of Ezell Hardings opponents in East Robertson and won 28-27. Ezell Harding beat East Robertson 52-18.

I say that Mt. Pleasant comes out of 5/6 beating Jo Byrns

Region 7 vs Region 8

Well Jackson Christian has gotten alot of hype this year but to me it looks like they may play in the weakest region from top to bottom so its hard to tell. It looks to me like you have Jackson Christian and Fayette Academy and then the others aren't that good.

In Region 7 you got Union City and Lake County who are both supposed to be pretty good. Alright some comparative scores. Lake County beat Halls 52-13 and West Carroll 26-0. Jackson Christian beat Halls 48-0 and West Carroll 35-14. They beat similiar opponents by similiar margins. Alright now Union City beat Lake County 38-12.

Im taking Union City over Jackson Christian at the end of 7/8

So I got

Hampton vs Cloudland

South Pitt vs Trousdale

Mt. Pleasant vs Jo Byrns

Union City vs Jackson Christian

going to

Hampton vs Trousdale

Mt. Pleasant vs Union City

Im taking Trousdale over Mt. Pleasant at the boro.

Please don't overly criticize me these are just my opinions

I am going way out on a limb on this one, but I think Coalfield will sweep region 1 and 2 and will probably play Trousdale in the semi. Friendship and SP have a chace but I think it is slim. Hampton and Cloudland also have a chance but slim as well. I may be way off on this.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say sumthing about the game u mention w/ Jo Byrns playing Cannon Co. it was 20-0 at halftime and coach Adkins took alot of 1's out( he really wont run up a score on anybody). Anyways it was the worst game Jo Byrns has played all year offensively, but since then the offense has been clicking on all cylinders, but the D held Cannon Co. to practically no yards and has been playing good all year only allowing more then 1 defensive td to one team that is East Robertson(explosive offense). Oh and yes East lost to Ezell by alot but it wasnt 52 to 18 it was like 42 to 18 and then also came back and beat Goodpasture 49-46 and in return goodpasture beat Ezell Harding so u cant say nothing about that, turnovers is the only reason they lost. I think East will win that region which will say alot about Jo Byrns. I think JBS goes to at least the Semi-finals if not the buro.

But i do agree unless sumthing happens TC will take it all.

Edited by neutralfan07

I agree with Indian in that there's really no way to compare the scores of games across the state and project what will happen once the playoffs begin in a few weeks. Thankfully that's why they're played on the field. I also think that Trousdale's the team to beat on the eastern side of the bracket as far as punching a ticket to Murfreesboro.

Alright here is a summary of what it looks like so far

Region 1: Hampton (7-1) Cloudland (7-1) Cosby (4-4) and a tossup

against

Region 2: Coalfield (7-1) Harriman (6-2) Midway (4-4) and tossup

Region 3: South Pitt (7-1) Lookout Valley (5-3) Whitwell (5-4) and tossup

Region 4: Trousdale (8-0) Friendship (7-1) Gordonsville (4-4) and Watertown (5-3)

Region 5: Jo Byrns (8-0) Eagleville (5-3) Forrest (4-4) and McEwen (5-3)

Region 6: Mt. Pleasant (8-1) Columbia Academy (7-1) Wayne (6-2) and Collinwood (5-3)

Region 7: Union City (5-3) McKenzie (5-3) West Carroll (4-4) and Lake Co (6-2)

Region 8: Jackson Christian (7-1) Fayette (6-2) Manassas (3-6) Halls (2-6)

Here is what I think of each of those pairings. I will give you some rundowns of teams I have seen and do some team comparisons.

Region 1 vs Region 2

I am going to say that after looking at the records and schedules that I think Hampton will plow through this part to face the winner of 3/4. I say that because they are 7-1 with the only loss coming to 4A Johnson County who is 6-2 and it was 16-12 and the first game of the year.

I hope I don't offend anyone but Region 2 is very overrated. I have heard alot of people say Coalfield is going all the way. Coalfield is the #1 and they beat #3 Midway 19-14. Midway also lost to Watertown 20-14. Watertown lost to Trousdale 52-7 so that doesn't say much for those two teams. #2 Harriman got blown out by Kingston who got blown out by Livingston who lost to Trousdale.

I say it will be Hampton vs Cloudland and the end of 1/2 picking Hampton

Region 3 vs Region 4

I am from Trousdale County so obviously I am going to say they are my favorites but it isn't gonna be handed to them. They play Friendship Christian next week and we will see how good they really are then. Watertown and Gordonsville are the two other region 4 teams and they were manhandled by TC.

South Pittsburg has a good team as usual and seems to be the team to beat out of region 3. However look at some games. South Pittsburg beat Sequatchie 7-0 while Whitwell lost to Sequatchie 28-6 and Whitwell only lost to Lookout Valley by a touchdown. Alright now Westmoreland beat Sequatchie 8-0. Westmoreland lost to Smith County 21-0 and Smith County lost to Trousdale 41-7. We will know a little more about how this region stacks up because Upperman plays Marion County next week and Marion County only lost to South Pitt by like 4 points.

Its gonna be Trousdale vs South Pittsburg at the end of 3/4 Picking TC

Region 5 vs Region 6

In region 5 you have Jo Byrns, Eagleville, Forrest and McEwen. I don't see much in this region to compete with Region 6 outside of Jo Byrns and I even question how great they are. Eagleville is probably gonna be the #2 in Region 5 and they lost to Region 6 Moore County 32-7 and Moore County isn't even going to make the playoffs. Jo Byrns played Cannon County and won 26-0. If you know Cannon County you know they are pretty bad. They lost to Westmoreland 42-0 and Westmoreland lost to Smith County 21-0 who in turn lost to Trousdale 41-7.

In Region 6 you have two pretty good teams in Mt. Pleasant and Columbia Academy. Mt. Pleasant's only loss came to Ezell Harding 21-12 and Ezell Hardings a good team. Jo Byrns played one of Ezell Hardings opponents in East Robertson and won 28-27. Ezell Harding beat East Robertson 52-18.

I say that Mt. Pleasant comes out of 5/6 beating Jo Byrns

Region 7 vs Region 8

Well Jackson Christian has gotten alot of hype this year but to me it looks like they may play in the weakest region from top to bottom so its hard to tell. It looks to me like you have Jackson Christian and Fayette Academy and then the others aren't that good.

In Region 7 you got Union City and Lake County who are both supposed to be pretty good. Alright some comparative scores. Lake County beat Halls 52-13 and West Carroll 26-0. Jackson Christian beat Halls 48-0 and West Carroll 35-14. They beat similiar opponents by similiar margins. Alright now Union City beat Lake County 38-12.

Im taking Union City over Jackson Christian at the end of 7/8

So I got

Hampton vs Cloudland

South Pitt vs Trousdale

Mt. Pleasant vs Jo Byrns

Union City vs Jackson Christian

going to

Hampton vs Trousdale

Mt. Pleasant vs Union City

Im taking Trousdale over Mt. Pleasant at the boro.

Please don't overly criticize me these are just my opinions

Another Mt Pleasant Fan here......... Love to your championship game prediction.

Another Mt Pleasant Fan here......... Love to your championship game prediction.

Somebody give Manassas from 1-region 8, some credit. These kids just came off a big win against Trinity Christian and they have halls next week for a #3 seed. They have this on kid #50 Steven Johnson that is dinamite od the defensive side of the football. He has been punishing teams whether or not his team wants to play and he makes sure his team doesn't stop playimg till the clock hits zero.

I am going way out on a limb on this one, but I think Coalfield will sweep region 1 and 2 and will probably play Trousdale in the semi. Friendship and SP have a chace but I think it is slim. Hampton and Cloudland also have a chance but slim as well. I may be way off on this.

If Coalfield plays like they are capable of, then I believe they are the best team this side of Trousdale County. They have been hampered with sickness and injuries all season long, but are finally becoming as healthy as they have been all year. They went 3-1 during a crucial stretch that involved four possible playoff teams without the starting QB, and Brandon Davis is one of the most exciting players in Class A. Add in Chris Coker and Dustin Carroll leading the away up front, and you have a very hard-nosed team.

South Pitt should make some noise in the playoffs. The Pirates are 7-1 and ready to make a run for the 1A title. Robert Robinson had a great game against Temple and showed everybody just how good of a player he really is. He ran for over 300 yards and had 4 TD's for SP in our win over Temple 49-32.

Alan Malone and Marcus Starkey had some big plays as well. And of course, Antonio Robinson has over 700 yards receiving for the season and is showing everyone his great talent.

Coach Grider will have us ready to make a run in the playoffs and I feel we can go all the way.

im goin to go out on a limb and say whitwells goin to pull one out of the air and it will be whitwell against trousdale instead of south pitt and whitwells goin to give them one heck of a game that is as long as marcus m can keep his cool and not throw off his back foot. whitwells got the players, its just heart they need to get right

1st Reg. 1 (H)

101 ¦

4th Reg. 2 ¦ ¦

201 ¦ (H)

2nd Reg. 2 (H) ¦ ¦

102 ¦ ¦ ¦

3rd Reg. 1 ¦ ¦

301 ¦ (H)

2nd Reg. 1 (H) ¦ ¦

103 ¦ ¦ ¦

3rd Reg. 2 ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

202 ¦ ¦ ¦

4th Reg. 1 ¦ ¦

104 ¦ ¦ ¦

1st Reg. 2 (H) ¦ ¦

401 ¦ (H)

1st Reg. 3 (H) ¦ ¦

105 ¦ ¦ ¦

4th Reg. 4 ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

203 ¦ (H) ¦ ¦

2nd Reg. 4 (H) ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

106 ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

3rd Reg. 3 ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

302 ¦ ¦ ¦

2nd Reg. 3 (H) ¦ ¦

107 ¦ ¦ ¦

3rd Reg. 4 ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

204 ¦ ¦ ¦

4th Reg. 3 ¦ ¦

108 ¦ ¦ ¦

1st Reg. 4 (H) ¦ ¦

501 ¦

1st Reg. 5 (H) ¦ State

109 ¦ ¦ Champions

4th Reg. 6 ¦ ¦ ¦

205 ¦ (H) ¦

2nd Reg. 6 (H) ¦ ¦ ¦

110 ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

3rd Reg. 5 ¦ ¦ ¦

303 ¦ (H) ¦

2nd Reg. 5 (H) ¦ ¦ ¦

111 ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

3rd Reg. 6 ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

206 ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

4th Reg. 5 ¦ ¦ ¦

112 ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

1st Reg. 6 (H) ¦ ¦ ¦

402 ¦ ¦

1st Reg. 7 (H) ¦

113 ¦ ¦

4th Reg. 8 ¦ ¦ ¦

207 ¦ (H) ¦

2nd Reg. 8 (H) ¦ ¦ ¦

114 ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦

3rd Reg. 7 ¦ ¦ ¦

304 ¦ ¦

2nd Reg. 7 (H) ¦

115 ¦ ¦

3rd Reg. 8 ¦ ¦ ¦

208 ¦ ¦

4th Reg. 7 ¦

116 ¦ ¦

1st Reg. 8 (H) ¦

umm who tha heck are tha mac town rebels.. b/c we are the mac town warriors ;). but if we have to play columbia academy in the first round i like our chances. we scrimmaged b4 the season started. and all they have is their tail back.we lost by a td. and we scored 3 td's with our jv vs their varsity. their varsity only scored 1 td against our jv. so like i said. i like our chances.

TC should end up undefeated unless a miracle happens next week...

Kind of off the subject but some interesting info concerning South Pittsburg and Trousdale. They have met in the semi finals 4 times. Tied 2-2. TC has played in the semis 12 times. SP has played in the semis 11 times. Trousdale has been to the finals 8 times they are 5-3. SP 6 times for 3-3. They met in 93 TC and 94 SP, 98 TC and 99 SP. They can't meet in the semis anymore only the 3rd round, but if you go by the past it's TC time to win. I thought this was interesting as to how much alike the 2 teams have been in the past.

Edited by krp