Ooltewah Football Team

Ti-Ta

NB21 yes you Ooltewah people always blame injurys, I talked to your stat man during the game at WB and the first thing he said was injuries killed us tonight so dont say you guys dont blame loses on injuries.

As for Rigger the sounds like a dad but since their dad played at UT I wouldnt think he would pop off about them this much, my guess is that he is an uncle or close friend of the family. They are great players but i dont think scouts are looking on coacht for their next recruit.

Get ready for Soddy and drop Ooltewah. Ooltewah is a dangerous team and they night just end up playing yall in the playoffs so save it til them.

Not all Ooltewah fans have blamed their losses on injuries. Injuries are a part of the game, but if you lose a number of key players it can have a devestating effect. Although, I am not a fan of any one team, I have seen some of the Ooltewah fans indicate that they just got beat. Don't make comments about any team based on a few fans' comments. It's not ALL their fans. And it is certainly not their team.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Owls need to do some soul searching and know that mistakes can happen to the best of us its how you respond to these circumstances that will determine your true character. My father went to Oak Ridge and has begun rubbing it in that the Owls have no shot at winning this game and that people feel from OR think that they are the best team in the state, which do not make any mistakes with exception of a I think he said missed extra point or field goal from what I was told. The Owls need to become a team of men tonight and fight all four quarters and the score on the board at the end of the night should indicate your true desire win or lose. Be optimistic I know its hard to do when you guys have been plagued with injuries have the faith in your backups and may the backups rise to the occasion and let everyone know that it will not happen on my watch. Remember also that your backups are dressed in the same uniform as you and they have also sweet, bleed, and have felt pains like you, have respect each other because your a family. The Wildcats are coming to your back yard ready to solidify the region the next couple of weeks they will not lay down or die they are coming to play to win the Owl family needs to set the tone early and pounce on them giving them no chance at a breath the key is to not relax on any play you should be at full speed all night. We have our full faith in you we also know your potential so keep the faith and good things will happen. Play like Champions!

The Owls need to do some soul searching and know that mistakes can happen to the best of us its how you respond to these circumstances that will determine your true character. . Remember also that your backups are dressed in the same uniform as you and they have also sweet, bleed, and have felt pains like you, have respect each other because your a family. The Wildcats are coming to your back yard ready to solidify the region the next couple of weeks they will not lay down or die they are coming to play to win the Owl family needs to set the tone early and pounce on them giving them no chance at a breath the key is to not relax on any play you should be at full speed all night. We have our full faith in you we also know your potential so keep the faith and good things will happen. Play like Champions!

Good Post and good Luck to the Owls!flying_great_horned_owl.jpg

Edited by rigger101

I have a suggestion which I can predict will be met with the usual response: Why don't the Owls, early in the season, replace Central or Rhea with Baylor or McCallie? It won't count against them, it will help prepare them for the serious part of the schedule and it will provide Chattanooga with some really good football.

Let the excuses begin!!

Oh yeah, OR 28 Owls 14

For those who know me know how important I think it is to carry out your fakes. Why do you think Maryville, Oak Ridge, Riverdale, DB win over and over they are technic perfect and in order for the Owls to become a member of the elite club we must be perfect also in all aspects of the game. Know your reads, DB's pass first run second turn the ball inside on the rush but attack the lead blocker because the more they string it out there is more of a chance of gaps and remember no one should be deeper than the FS. On every plays expect the ball will be coming your way and if it does make it no if and or buts about it. If a team has the success on any side of the ball or player it will be coming at you about 75% of the time that's why I stress to you guys that it is very Important to set the tone early and let the coach's know that they better not run or pass on your side because the have had no success there. The game is 90% mental and 10% physical be smart and hit hard put the helmet on the football and try to strip it on every play even if your winning the game. Last but not least know that your offense can score at anytime so if your down have the faith in your O because they can score quick if everyone is on the same page. Go luck and Go Owls!

I have a suggestion which I can predict will be met with the usual response: Why don't the Owls, early in the season, replace Central or Rhea with Baylor or McCallie? It won't count against them, it will help prepare them for the serious part of the schedule and it will provide Chattanooga with some really good football.

Let the excuses begin!!

Good idea. Play the game at Finley Stadium. It would be big. I would love to see it! It would make Ooltewah football better, McCallie and or Baylor football better, and raise the level of play for Chattanoga in general. The reason that this type match up is improbable relates back to the old worn out debate of public v. private. Private schools cherry picking the best athletes, recruiting from the community, offering scholarships...the perception of these ghost activities restricts this type of contest.

Let the excuses begin!!

Oh yeah, OR 28 Owls 14

The Owls play Central every year because they are a cross-town rival. There is no way this game will ever get dropped b/c everyone looks foward to it, but why we play rhea county....that is a good question. It would in fact be a good idea to drop rhea and play a good team like mccallie or baylor... i dont know if the owls have ever played either one of them.

Let the excuses begin!!

Oh yeah, OR 28 Owls 14

First off we can not drop Central because of the fact that we share a feeder school with them. What's wrong with Rhea Co. they went to the PO's last year and they used to be in the same region with the Owls, and Rhea now leads the series 13 to 1. We added Cookeville and dropped Red Bank added Rhea in place of East Ridge because of the assumption of most like yourself about last season on how weak our schedule was. We tried to add Riverdale with no success and look at Red Bank this year. I have told you over and over but you can not get it through your thick skull that the reason why Ooltewah does not play McCallie is the fact that they solicit a lot of our athletes in middle school same goes with most the schools in the area because have you not noticed that Red Bank, Soddy Daisy and so on do not play you, guys either.

The Owls play Central every year because they are a cross-town rival. There is no way this game will ever get dropped b/c everyone looks foward to it, but why we play rhea county....that is a good question. It would in fact be a good idea to drop rhea and play a good team like mccallie or baylor... i dont know if the owls have ever played either one of them.

pass defense was our weak spot last season so I believe Gatewood scheduled this match up base on improving the defense that's all.