Jv Football Championship Game Northwest Vs Rossview

Wish we dressed 60 to 80 like some teams. Yeah, that would be nice.

Now why would we want that many?? I thought only the best 11 played on Friday nights. At least that's what Coach Stevens led me to believe @ the team meeting prior to day camp. Speaking of that team meeting, didn't all the Vikings have to sign a set of rules that night. I think we have had some seniors in recent weeks bragging about a particular incident out in Woodlawn that violates those rules severely. Why hasn't anything been done about that, especially when players earlier in the season were asked to leave for violations of a much more subtle nature? Please explain.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have had some seniors in recent weeks bragging about a particular incident out in Woodlawn that violates those rules severely. Why hasn't anything been done about that, especially when players earlier in the season were asked to leave for violations of a much more subtle nature? Please explain.

True, Viking Country has had some disappointing occurrences surface in recent weeks. But I am confident that the coaching staff will handle these matters accordingly as they have done so the entire season.

However onto another issue, Maryville, Hillsboro, and Riverdale have teams participating in the JV and Freshmen levels and find success. These teams have the success that they do for a reason. Their staff are dedicated to the development and success of their athletes on and off the field. They teach the fundamentals of football and it shows when their athletes step out under those 'Friday Night Lights'. To think that the coaching staff present at Northwest has the coaching abilities of the Maryville's, the White House's, the Riverdale's and the Hillsboro's... (the list could go on and on.) is insulting to those established dynasties of TN Football.

But I do have to give my son's coaching staff credit. I will give all the credit for my son's success in recent weeks to the "Best Coach on this side of the Mississippi," and the "Best Coach in Clarksville." You know who you are.

CoachwhoKnows

What a phrase to use as a coach? I have one more for you all in the big game tonight, " Give him the rock and he will Shine! " . I do honestly have total belief in this statement. By the way, the defense loves our running back, because he does something we have not had in a long time. That young man fires us up in more ways than you know. My lasting impression is a run on friday night where he told me if he scores would we stop them. I love that in an athlete because he believes in his defense and that same defense wants to see him run. O'By the way, it is good to see this Northwest running back pave the way to the future along with the offensive line, wide receivers, and a new composed QB. See what happens when you keep it short and simple. Good luck tonight to all in our great region, and hopefully we can squeez one out tonight and monday night. Would be great momentum.

Well, Mac, there is no smack talk, and I believe it is a match up that will be a great game. My first opportunity at a championship game in my time as a coach. Don't really care if it is JV, MIDDLE SCHOOL, OR HIGH SCHOOL, it is a championship and we are excited. My boys are ready and so is Rossview. This game is momentum to the off season. I am glad we don't have to put players in that are juniors to ensure that we can win. We are playing with the boys we have played all year and win or lose I am so proud of these boys.