Crockett Vs. Boone

Crockettbball

Things have gotten rather lean in Jonesborough the last few seasons. But I remember 2000, 2001, 2002 Crockett won this game. Boone knows it as well as Crockett does, they are both rural schools that were consolodated out of communities hated eachother and were thrown into new schools and told to get along. It never happened nor will it ever happen. Neither school will be consistant because neither school should have ever been created. The communitites within each district hate eachother and it is very difficult to develop any type unity. It is ashame that for many of these children, the highlight of their playing career is when their Lamar team beat Jonesborough, or Boones Creek beat Gray. Things are worse at Crockett however. Mainly because of the socio-economic factors. The Boone area is a wealthy area with many $$$$ people that want to see them succeed. Crockett has none of that. The south end of Washington County is very poor. Just drive around the each school district and you will see what I mean. There is a true double standard in this county between Boone and Crockett. It is the haves versus the have nots. I have no dog in this hut either. I am transplanted here in the Crockett area. It is night and day from the Crockett school district to the Boone school district.

Anyway, the table will once again lean the other way in the near future. Boone may have theirs this year but Crockett will rise again.

Sounds to me like you have the same mentality that schools in SW Virginia have regarding small communities. If you are seeing that type of small community attitude down on Crockett's side (Lamar vs Jonesborough etc) then it is no wonder that the DC program has been down like it is. Consolidation happened in 1971 so I think it is about time to get over it. At Boone you don't see hatred for others based on community. Sure in middle school you want to beat your local rival but when you get to HS it is time to get with the program.

And for the guy who started all this:

I'll have to look it up but I believe the overall record for this annual matchup is something like Boone 27 wins - Crockett 7

My prediction is 45-7 and could be worse but Boone will not rub it in as they have some class about them.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic