Elizabethton At Johnson County - Thurs. Nite

GLee

I play Guard and sometimes Tackle, all depends on how the D lines up. I play noseguard in D, sometimes tackle. No matter what, this is the last time I'll be playing on my home feild. It's a really emotional game for me, and all of our seniors. I've put 4 years of hard work into Longhorn football, and it's all down to one game. There is no way we're gonna let this game slip though our fingers.

66, do you know who layed that big hit on Cory Fleenor on the opening drive on Friday? I would look out for him. It was a bigger hit than the one at DB believe it or not.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play Guard and sometimes Tackle, all depends on how the D lines up. I play noseguard in D, sometimes tackle. No matter what, this is the last time I'll be playing on my home feild. It's a really emotional game for me, and all of our seniors. I've put 4 years of hard work into Longhorn football, and it's all down to one game. There is no way we're gonna let this game slip though our fingers.

I can understand the emotions of your last home game. The adrenalin will be overflowing for you guys, I'm sure. Get 'SUPER' fired up and give it your best. There is alot of pressure building on you guys. You've worked hard to get to this point. Like you said, "four years of hard work" and the GAME is finally here.

This morning I noticed that the Cyclones are the underdog in this one, according to the J. City Press. AS so it should be. You guys have had a banner year. I'm sure the Cylcones will bring their best game with them. Looks as if Elizabethton is a bit fired up themselves. Both teams are in the playoffs either way. PRIDE takes over. I look for a very entertaining game. Just wish it was going to be warmer. I'm a cold weather sissy, :D but I'll have my game hat on. :D

Edited by GLee

I can understand the emotions of your last home game. The adrenalin will be overflowing for you guys, I'm sure. Get 'SUPER' fired up and give it your best. There is alot of pressure building on you guys. You've worked hard to get to this point. Like you said, "four years of hard work" and the GAME is finally here.

Nice piece of work. After watching the Saturday version of TN High entertaining Johnson County, I would say the Cow Towners had better not turn their backs. Don't know what I mean? The Longhorns roam the field looking for someone who is not looking, whether they are in the play or not. Then they put the horns in your back side. Surely thier coach is aware of this, so it must be condoned. There is no place in sports for people who can't play the game strait up. It must be Coach Atwood's trademark. It got bad when TN High flew by Johnson County. I can't comment on the first half because I wasn't there. Just a word to the wise, keep an eye out for the guys who like to hit from the back side. Cow Town, I guess it will be called an upset?? Cow Towners 27-22

Nice piece of work. After watching the Saturday version of TN High entertaining Johnson County, I would say the Cow Towners had better not turn their backs. Don't know what I mean? The Longhorns roam the field looking for someone who is not looking, whether they are in the play or not. Then they put the horns in your back side. Surely thier coach is aware of this, so it must be condoned. There is no place in sports for people who can't play the game strait up. It must be Coach Atwood's trademark. It got bad when TN High flew by Johnson County. I can't comment on the first half because I wasn't there. Just a word to the wise, keep an eye out for the guys who like to hit from the back side. Cow Town, I guess it will be called an upset?? Cow Towners 27-22

You've got to be kidding me. Are you against hitting or something? Just because someone isn't IN the play doesn't mean he's not PLAYING. Football=hitting. Deal with it.

And how many block in the backs have we had?

I hope you play.

You've got to be kidding me. Are you against hitting or something? Just because someone isn't IN the play doesn't mean he's not PLAYING. Football=hitting. Deal with it.

And how many block in the backs have we had?

I hope you play.

Sorry, you won't be able to hit me with "unneccesary roughness", especially after the play. If you do, it will be in the stands at the Science Hill/DB game. My kid is a baseball player and I'm glad we don't have to deal with your kind on the baseball field. If you think back siding people away from a play is what football is about, then you have a coaching problem. Very sad response, but obviously you are not taught the true game of football. What a few of your players do is called hoolaganism. Sad :lol: I do want to repeat to you that what I saw was 3-4 of your players hitting people in the back away from any action. If you think that is football=hitting you are wrong. That is a player who should be ejected from games. Atwood should be ashamed of your response if he is any kind of football coach at all. :lol:

BETSY 14-0

Good effort 66. Good luck to the Longhorns in the playoffs. :lol:

Nutski, It wasn't a bad game, but a hard block in the back cost JC a TD in the first half. It was in the vacinity of a play and was a mistake by #7 that very well could have been a momentum changer.

Fantastic defensive effort by the Cyclones and good ball control by the offense. Good job men!

Edited by GLee

Hey Horns, hit this. Cyclones 14-0 on your home field. When you beat the Cyclones then you can tell us how hard you hit.

17, JC was a trully hard hitting team. In fact, on several occassions they came way too hard and overpursued causing them to miss plays. They have been known for that for years and teams take advantage of it. As far as being the hardest hitting team we have played..........they were not, but again, they were a tough bunch of young men and their senior class has had an excellant run.

GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!

It was a hard hitting game. Thanks GLee for the positive comment about our Seniors being tough and having a good run. I agree they are tough and the good thing is that their skin is tough too. It has to be with all the trash talking they get from some others. I know all the guys. They are good kids and they hit hard. They play hard.

As for coaches condoning illegal hits, They don't. If you knew the coaches you would know better. But then again I don't agree with assisting the runner by pushing him from the back to force him thru the line. I have photos... too bad the stripes could not see it too.

Edited by cowgirl

It was a hard hitting game. Thanks GLee for the positive comment about our Seniors being tough and having a good run. I don't agree with assisting the runner by pushing him from the back to force him thru the line. I have photos... too bad the stripes could not see it too.

In football you could throw a flag every play. Alot like fouls in basketball. You have to let them play to an extent.

Good luck to you guys.......