Huntland @ Columbia Academy

letrrip

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We think we can play with them or anyone else in the region for that matter. CA just happens to be last. I have a feeling this region will do well in the palyoff's, I for one hope so.

We lost our QB for the year before the season and it hurt us. The kids who have played there are doing their best I'm sure, we just never got a mix going this year (as you pointed out). It's been dificult ....

No doubt you can play with anyone in the region. I wasn't trying to take anything away from Huntland. I have pulled for you guys all year, well since we played you. The one thing I noticed when we played you was that after throwing for a first down on first and 15 on the opening drive of the game you never even attempted another pass until very late in the game. I had no idea you had lost your QB before the season started but it seemed like you had targets to throw to and just didn't try, I'm hinting pass plays were not called. I agree with you I think our region should do well this year in the playoffs this year and wish all the teams good luck, unless they play us. LOL Unfortunately you guys can't take the place of a weak team from another region.

Have you seen Huntland throw the ball? I think the coaches are trying to do something they are capable of doing. As far as the CA game, I hope all off CA's players play. Huntland is looking at this game as their playoffs. The Hornets will be ready for this one.

huntland has a great GROUP of seniors.the best that came through in a long time! i disagree with you that huntland cant throw the ball!! its just that huntland is a running team and that my get them to the playoffs 1 out of 9 yrs.but to be a great program you have to do both.not even letting the kids try is wrong 3rd and 20.and you run the ball is pointless if you done it the first two downs and havent got anywhere.

i hope huntland cames out on top.20-14

I agree that this is one of the better teams that Huntland has had in awhile. Yes, they will not make the playoffs, but they have had their chances. They had a chance to win those games, but loss out in the end. Huntland has had trouble stopping the good rbs. CA has an excellent rb and if he is healthy, the Hornets could have some problems. Yes, Huntland doesn't throw the ball much or well, but they don't practice it a lot either. Remember, their qb started out the season as the 3rd qb on the roster. Huntland has some decent receivers and depth at the rb slot. They have two very good halfbacks and one of the better blocking fullbacks. I think the players will support Coach Bob in full force and come out and play their best game this week. They will have to, as Coach Mote has an excellent team.

Our kids played very hard tonight ... played like a team. CA played their starters until the end and it wasn't enough. I heard tonight we are the only team in the state, any classification that has a 7-3 record and is not going to the playoff's. I left Columbia proud of our team. Good luck to 6A in the playoff's.

Our kids played very hard tonight ... played like a team. CA played their starters until the end and it wasn't enough. I heard tonight we are the only team in the state, any classification that has a 7-3 record and is not going to the playoff's. I left Columbia proud of our team. Good luck to 6A in the playoff's.

Congrats to the Hornets for a great win over Columbia Academy. I can only hope that you guys the best bowl game that is out there! Pretty tough to finish 7-3, dominate the #2 team and get left out.