Whites Creek Vs. Maplewood

cobrafan90

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21-0 whites creek

good game !! hats off to whites creek ..you guys wanted it more tonight

looks like you are staying at home next week and the panthers hit the road..

its not over maplewood ..nobody gave you guys a chance to make it this far and now you heading to the playoffs..to face kenwood next week thats saying alot for a team that was said to finish 6th place this season by the pros... now get ready..its really show time now!

man it was cold out there!!

good luck fellows and remember championships can be won on the road.. Pearl Cohn did it.

confidence you gotta have it .. if you dont, then why bother to play

Edited by boski

It was definitely cold! I left impressed w/ Maplewoods QB grimes and WR J. Moore. Moore caught several passes over Jamie Graham who is an excellent cover corner. Grimes threw the ball pretty good. He looked better throwing the ball than WC's QB.

Discipline is going to be a problem for both teams. TOO MANY penalties!! Unsportsmanlike, Personal Fouls, etc. Can't afford those in the playoffs.

Hats off to maplewood. Don't count them out.

It was definitely cold! I left impressed w/ Maplewoods QB grimes and WR J. Moore. Moore caught several passes over Jamie Graham who is an excellent cover corner. Grimes threw the ball pretty good. He looked better throwing the ball than WC's QB.

Discipline is going to be a problem for both teams. TOO MANY penalties!! Unsportsmanlike, Personal Fouls, etc. Can't afford those in the playoffs.

Hats off to maplewood. Don't count them out.

i 2nd that about maplewoods passing game thats how holt was able to get 384 on tullahoma because tullahoma thought they were going to get burned by the pass

Who told whom? :D

you were right about that... thanks to bad play calling on maplewood side..i dont know what was going on with that.

maplewood just gave up.. i know they are better team than that .. the play calling was terrible ..its not up to par with maplewood players skills, they ran the same plays and it was not working ...everyone know they are going to run ..so when a team loads the box up with 8 and 9 guys

and you still try to run up the middle and get your RB smashed ..thats just not smart play calling... man if maplewood would have ran some play action and counter plays, short pass and even a few screens ..they would have put plenty of points on the board..

passing game has never really taken off ..get WR - moore and TE - brown the ball more, then you can run the ball at will , make those teams keep the defense honest ..do you know how hard it is to run against a defense with 9 guys in the box waiting on number 22 to get the ball and run it up the middle..hard for the RB easy for the D..

brown was avg 23 yrds a catch early on in the season how can a team forget that. they have the players to win they just dont use them.. and that is something i just dont understand.. maplewood needs to pass more in order to get the run going again..teams dont respect maplewoods pass game so they load the box key on holt and thus you have maplewood 7- 3 when they should be 10 -0 ..yeah thats right

Edited by boski

you were right about that... thanks to bad play calling on maplewood side..i dont know what was going on with that.

maplewood just gave up.. i know they are better team than that .. the play calling was terrible ..its not up to par with maplewood players skills, they ran the same plays and it was not working ...everyone know they are going to run ..so when a team loads the box up with 8 and 9 guys

and you still try to run up the middle and get your RB smashed ..thats just not smart play calling... man if maplewood would have ran some play action and counter plays, short pass and even a few screens ..they would have put plenty of points on the board..

passing game has never really taken off ..get WR - moore and TE - brown the ball more, then you can run the ball at will , make those teams keep the defense honest ..do you know how hard it is to run against a defense with 9 guys in the box waiting on number 22 to get the ball and run it up the middle..hard for the RB easy for the D..

brown was avg 23 yrds a catch early on in the season how can a team forget that. they have the players to win they just dont use them.. and that is something i just dont understand.. maplewood needs to pass more in order to get the run going again..teams dont respect maplewoods pass game so they load the box key on holt and thus you have maplewood 7- 3 when they should be 10 -0 ..yeah thats right

I agree. Moore owned Graham who is an excellent CB. Could've taken advantage of that matchup more. And holt is too little to get it in short yd situations. Bring in a big back/fullback and pound it in. too easy to stop holt in short yd/goal line situations. Moore is a great receiver, got to get him involved more(no pun intended). Also the shotgun is a good formation for Grimes, who is as athletic as they come. it will make the defense at least think pass.