Cosby Boys B Ball

Logic

The Cosby Eagles are probably the best team in Cocke County. Cocke County does not utilize their talent. They have let two good prospects go to Cosby because of Cocke County's losing seasons.

Actually, there have been three GREATplayers choose Cosby over CCHS. Timmy Blakely, Dexter Manning (both products of Wade Wester at Edgemont) and Kelvin Rone. They also have Spencer Grooms, who evidentally just transferred because he played football at CCHS, Brian Sneed, and Matthew McGaha, who also went to Edgemont.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cosby Eagles are probably the best team in Cocke County. Cocke County does not utilize their talent. They have let two good prospects go to Cosby because of Cocke County's losing seasons.

These kids want to play for a winning team with great tradition. If they attend a few Cosby games while they're in grammar school, it's not a hard decision in

my opinion. The atmosphere and fan support is incredible.

I know of at least one freshman who's playing ball from Newport Grammar :)

Ya, his name is Spencer Grooms. He must have just transferred, because he was dressing on the football team at CCHS.

Spencer transferred at the nine weeks, before football season was technically over, but I actually don't think that was the freshman from Grammar School that CosbyEagle was talking about.

I'm not sure what Roger Blakely's official role is on the basketball team. Officially, Eric is an assistant coach.