District 9a

vanbureneagle

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey VBEagle, Its good to hear that the Eagles are supposed to be good again this year. I haven't been to the mountain since the early to mid 80's when they played in the old school. I remember getting some great hamburgers over at Davis's and another place across from the Elementary school. Man, I'm getting old. Can you tell me a little about this team? Players, style of play, defense, offense? Are they good enough to make a run at the state? When was the last really good team there and so on? In other words, tell it all. Thanks.

Hey VBEagle, Its good to hear that the Eagles are supposed to be good again this year. I haven't been to the mountain since the early to mid 80's when they played in the old school. I remember getting some great hamburgers over at Davis's and another place across from the Elementary school. Man, I'm getting old. Can you tell me a little about this team? Players, style of play, defense, offense? Are they good enough to make a run at the state? When was the last really good team there and so on? In other words, tell it all. Thanks.

Well, last year we won 21 and was a half away from sub-state (blew a 17 point lead by missing 7 second half lay-ups) so....

Players now are big for A ball... have about 4 or 5 who are at least 6'3... coach sullivan's teams played man and zone last year but who knows?... offensively last year rigsby lead but that was because he was a 6'4 man among boys... this year i would expect it to be more spread around, but also expect them to be even better... a run at state is yet to be seen... i know that's what the players talk about though...

Oh... the burgers are still good at both places though so come up to district tournament this year grab some good food and watch some good ball...

That is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard... first of all not all of our coaches went to the meetings because one of our coaches had just gotten married and was on his honeymoon when they had the meeting... I know he was excited to hear that we had it, but it's ridiculous to post that our administration walked over someone to get the district... if that was case i'm sure we would have done some of that "pushing around" in our old district to not have to go to watertown every year for that district tournament... get your facts straight... yes neutral sites are great... i'm sure our coaches would be fine with that... but that's not what happened.

For one thing, that wasn't said to bad mouth you and your team/school. It was exactly what I was told from another coach who was at the meeting that those 3 schools allowed to happen, instead of banding together with their other old district mates and getting the tournament a little bit closer to home where people from this area would actually like to go and see the tournament. No offence to Van Buren Co., but from what I have heard, its a very long drive that hardly anyone from our area is willing to make for 2 or 3 nights in a row to watch a district tournament.

I guess it was just the fact that they didn't want to give Cascade any advantage what-so-ever. I am just surprised that they are that scared of the Champions and were willing to let another school come in and take the tournament 2+ hours away from their communities. That's all that I meant about it. Sorry you got your "feathers" ruffelled.

For one thing, that wasn't said to bad mouth you and your team/school. It was exactly what I was told from another coach who was at the meeting that those 3 schools allowed to happen, instead of banding together with their other old district mates and getting the tournament a little bit closer to home where people from this area would actually like to go and see the tournament. No offence to Van Buren Co., but from what I have heard, its a very long drive that hardly anyone from our area is willing to make for 2 or 3 nights in a row to watch a district tournament.

I guess it was just the fact that they didn't want to give Cascade any advantage what-so-ever. I am just surprised that they are that scared of the Champions and were willing to let another school come in and take the tournament 2+ hours away from their communities. That's all that I meant about it. Sorry you got your "feathers" ruffelled.

It seems that some fans support their basketball teams when it is convenient. (home and local games only) Van Buren fans have always drove long distances to district and regional tournaments not to mention regular season games. It will be nice to have a district tournament in our "own back yard" We would love for the fans of all district teams to come visit during the regular season and tournament games. We plan to bring a lot of fan support to your gyms during the regular season. Come on out and make yourself at home. We'll leave the light on for you.

It seems that some fans support their basketball teams when it is convenient. (home and local games only) Van Buren fans have always drove long distances to district and regional tournaments not to mention regular season games. It will be nice to have a district tournament in our "own back yard" We would love for the fans of all district teams to come visit during the regular season and tournament games. We plan to bring a lot of fan support to your gyms during the regular season. Come on out and make yourself at home. We'll leave the light on for you.

Van Buren does have a fan base that travels very well!

I'm just wondering if cheese is going to go start worrying about their fans having to travel to clarksville academy for the region tournament. If his boys from Cascade make it?

I think that chapel hill will be very good this year! They have shankle and ezell returning who will both have a standout year i think. They both can score. Well they pretty much got it all yall better be ready for them two plus they got some others like minor who can help them out alot. Hes tall and has a pretty good shot. but i think that it will be all shankle and ezell this year Good luck rockets show the new district what yall can do!

I'm just wondering if cheese is going to go start worrying about their fans having to travel to clarksville academy for the region tournament. If his boys from Cascade make it?

Dont think anyone will have to worry about that. I dont really think from what I have seen and heard that Clarksville[/url] Academy</a>'s gym is big enough to hold a region tournament, nor do they really have the lockerroom space for it. That is not a worry for anyone down this way. Sorry to bust your bubble grammar, but if they do have to travel far from home for region, they may not be that many fans going up there.

I know that when Cascade had to go to Mt. Pleasant 2 years ago, that other than the parents and the TV crew, they didnt have that many fans there. And not only Casacade, but the other teams from this area didnt travel all that well to Mt. Pleasant either. Thats all I am saying.

Hey Van Buren Co., as for yall having always had to travel, good for you. Big deal. Your school is up in the middle of nowhere, I am sure that some of you call it traveling to get to Wal-Mart. The schools from the other district has not had that problem. So please forgive some of us if we dont feel you guys pain. I think that Cascade's longest trip last year was to Huntland, and I am pretty sure that was one of if not the longest trip for Eagleville, Forrest, and Community as well. I am sure Van Buren Co. will be very hospitable for everyone and maybe the folks who go over there can join hands with ya'll and sing Koom-By-Ya . :P

Edited by shredded cheese