Region 7

nununu

Although considered to be one of the weakest regions in the state, I feel that this region will surprise some teams. Top team in the region right now has to be Glencliff. They bring back all but two starters and will definitely be the team to beat. Anthony Clemons will be a beast this year, and watch out for Derrick White this year, could be a big year. Second, I would have to go with Antioch. A team that is always on the verge, this may be the season. They return all but three wrestlers from last year, including state qualifiers Darnell Booker and Kyle Stagner. McGavock has to be third, they lost a lot from last year's district champions, but still return Daniel Harden, whose a tough match for anyone. Fourth, I would have to put MLK. Always tough, they will contend come tournament. Fifth is the Stratford Spartans. Coach Riggs has done a great job rebuilding this program. Sixth will probably go to Hunters Lane, who is coming off a descent season with a couple of state qualifiers, and lots of returning wrestlers. The rest of the region includes East Lit., without D'Antonio Johnson, Hume-Fogg, Whites Creek, TSB, Maplewood, and Pearl-Cohn

Although considered to be one of the weakest regions in the state, I feel that this region will surprise some teams. Top team in the region right now has to be Glencliff. They bring back all but two starters and will definitely be the team to beat. Anthony Clemons will be a beast this year, and watch out for Derrick White this year, could be a big year. Second, I would have to go with Antioch. A team that is always on the verge, this may be the season. They return all but three wrestlers from last year, including state qualifiers Darnell Booker and Kyle Stagner. McGavock has to be third, they lost a lot from last year's district champions, but still return Daniel Harden, whose a tough match for anyone. Fourth, I would have to put MLK. Always tough, they will contend come tournament. Fifth is the Stratford Spartans. Coach Riggs has done a great job rebuilding this program. Sixth will probably go to Hunters Lane, who is coming off a descent season with a couple of state qualifiers, and lots of returning wrestlers. The rest of the region includes East Lit., without D'Antonio Johnson, Hume-Fogg, Whites Creek, TSB, Maplewood, and Pearl-Cohn

I agree this region could be the weakest top to bottom but it might have a few individuals do well in the State. Gone are the bullies from this region who sniffed at the teams but now are going on to bigger and better things(Region 6)Glencliff should be the team to beat.. 3 returning SQ and loads of young talent with great coaches. Antioch also returns 3 SQ and a young team last year... Problem there is like most Metro schools is keeping athletes out for the sport. Mcgavock( 1 SQ) always has talent and will field a competitive squad. 4 thru 11 could finish in any order... Stratford-(2SQ) always have great athletes and a positive coach directing . But they will be young this year and struggle to field a full lineup. MLK (1SQ) Tough 189lber. Last year had a young squad. They will be a team to watch this year. Hunters Lane (2SQ) They will have a few inidividuals do well this year but are trying to get back to the form of the early 90s. East Lit. (2 SQ) had a young team last year and one strong horse. They will have a stronger team and could be a surprise also.. Hume Fogg-1SQ- small team and young athletes..They are trying to rebuild . Whites Creek-1SQ- Had big numbers on the team last year.. But no coach so far this year.

TSB-DC- fielded a full team but no studs... They are always a class act when they wrestle. Maplewood- Numbers are dwindling on a team a few years fielded a full team. Pearl Cohn- small numbers but a new coach with a lot of energy... he might be able to pull a few of the football players out and have a strong team.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Halfway Point of the season and Antioch and Glencliff looks like the teams to beat. McGavock and Hunters Lane will closely follow.

103- 1.Aguliar EL

2. Reed- MLK

3. Soboun- Ant

4.Pendergrass-TSB

112- 1.Steiner- GL

2. Edwards- Ant

3. Hunt- St

4.King- Map

119- 1. Corley- HL

2. Lett- GL

3. Rucker- Ant

4.Hyde- Map

125- 1. Yahya- Mcg

2. Ngyuen- EL

3. Hussein- Ant

4. Galloway- GL

130- 1.McCallister- McG

2. Haynes- St

3. Shook- TSB

4. Teasley- Map

135- 1. Dowell- HL

2. Simon- EL

3. Eckert- Ant

4. Gray- Gl

140- 1.Booker- Ant

2. Garrett- EL

3. Clemons- HF

4. Bishop- McG

145-1. Fortune- MLK

2. Eckles- McG

3. Ostalie- Ant

4. Gentuso- TSB

152-1.Burnley- MLK

2. QUick- Ant

3. Abuduallah- GL

4.Gentuso- TSB

160- 1.Hardin- McG

2. Sladen- Ant

3. Sullivan- TSB

4.Smtih- HL

171-1. Reams- GL

2. Robinson- HL

3.Watkins- MLK

4.OAks- TSB

189- 1. Clemmons- GL

2. Stuart- MLK

3. Pack- MCG

4. Ferguson- EL

215- 1.Rouse- MLK

2. Zhorne- McG

3.Jones- ant

4.Edwards- Gl

275- 1. Hamilton- HL

2.Morris- Ant

3.Rucker- Gl

4. Shields- EL

This is based on the tournaments and dual matches from what has been posted. I know some guys are juggling weights and might go down.

Predictions on Region scoring

1.Antioch

2. Glencliff

3. McGavock

4. Hunters Lane

5. M.L. King

6. East Lit.

7. TSB

8. Stratord

9. Maplewood

10. Hume Fogg

11. Pearl Cohn

I'm not in this region but looking at these rankings above, it would seem like it should be 1.Antioch 2.Glencliff 3.McGavock. But at the Beech Invitational, McGavock placed ahead of Glencliff by a score of 117-91 points. Of course Glencliff was without Nick Steiner at 112, McGavock had 4 placers to Glencliffs 3, all in different weights classes. That would leave the 6 other weight classes to determine the duel winner. Seems evenly matched to me. If Antioch has 11 guys ranked in that region, then they would seem like the team to beat in Davidson County.

I'm not in this region but looking at these rankings above, it would seem like it should be 1.Antioch 2.Glencliff 3.McGavock. But at the Beech Invitational, McGavock placed ahead of Glencliff by a score of 117-91 points. Of course Glencliff was without Nick Steiner at 112, McGavock had 4 placers to Glencliffs 3, all in different weights classes. That would leave the 6 other weight classes to determine the duel winner. Seems evenly matched to me. If Antioch has 11 guys ranked in that region, then they would seem like the team to beat in Davidson County.

SHUT UP TNKO!!! Just kidding ;) Just playing around with ya ;)

Here is some dual meet news from the McGavock Dual tournament

Antioch Placed 2nd Overall Defeating Harpeth,McGAvock,And Hunters Lane.They lost to Rossview in the finals.

Mcgavock and Glencliff faced for Third Place but IM not sure who won the match. Im pretty sure McGavock one because glencliff 171 didnt wrestle.

Also For your region rankings

At HWT

Morris Ant Pinned Hunters Lanes Robinson

At 140

Mcgavock's 140 Bishop beat Dowell from Hunters Lane at 140

At 152

Stratford John Haynes beat Gentuso from TSB 6-0 at the Mcgovock Tournament

Antioch Quick has beaten Burnley at the Harpeth Tournament

Edited by hcwrestler

Finally, some talk about region 7. The rankings put together look pretty good. For Antioch, watch for Eckert to move to 130, and the stud Osatile to move to 135. Hussein (the older one) is a solid 145 with a last second loss to Eckles of McGavock. At 152, Quick is the one, I think Burnley is gone from the team after his conduct at the McGavock Inv. Antioch is also without their 189 and 171 until after Xmas. Dowell is a stud at 135 who will make some noise in Chatanooga, as well as Booker of Antioch. Aguilar at 103 will shock some at state, and the 140 of East Lit. will be good when he loses the attitude. Does anyone have scores from the McGavock Dual tournament, I would love to know.

Edited by nununu

Well I can tell you Antiochs Results from the Pools

Antioch vs Harpeth 47-30

103 - Saboun Ant Pins Harpeth

112 - Edwards Ant Pins Harpeth

119 - Harpeth Ant d. Greer

125 - Rucker Ant wins by Forfeit

130 - D.Quick Ant wins by forfeit

135 - Harpeth Ant D Eckert Major

140 - Bledsoe T.F. Harpeth

145 - Hussein Ant P Harpeth

152 - Tresner Ant P Harpeth

160 - Harpeth Def Sladen by Tap Out

171 - Harpeth Pins Actie

189 - Harpeth Pins G.Bledsoe Ant

215 - Harpeth Pins D.Jones Ant

275 - Johnson Ant receives a Forfeit

ALot of JV guys in this Match vs Harpeth to get some mat time

Antioch V Mcgavock 42 - 30

103 - Saboun recieves Forfeit

112 - Edwards TF Mcgavock

119 - Rucker Recieves Forfeit

125 - Yaya (MCG) pins Hussien

130 - Mccalister (MCG) TF D.Quick

135 - Eckert D Mcgavock 14-10

140 - Bishop McGavock D Bledsoe

145 - Booker Pins McGavock

152 - Osatile MD Eckles 12-3

160 - Quick Ant Pins McGavock

171 - Mcgavock T.F. Actie Ant 22-6

189 - Pack (MCG) T.F. Bledsoe Ant 15-0

215 - Yaya (MCG) Pins Jones Ant

275 - Morris Ant Pins Mcgavock

Antioch V Hunters Lane 51 - 24

103 - Saboun Recieves Forfeit

112 - Edwards Recieves Forfeit

119 - Rucker Pins Hunters Lane

125 - Rhodes Ant Recieves Forfeit

130 - Hunters Lane Pins D.Quick

135 - Eckert recieves Forfeit

140 - Dowell (HL) Pins Bledsoe

145 - Hussein Ant Receives Forfeit

152 - Quick Dec Pillow 11-4

160 - Smith (HL) pins Hammondani

171 - Actie Recieves Forfeit

189 - Robinson (HL) pins Bledsoe Ant

215 - Jones Ant pins Hunters Lane

275 - Morris Antioch pins Hamilton Hunters Lane

Some of the Scores and Matches might be wrong Im trying to remember it off the top of my head.

Against Rossview I know that Antioch pinned at 103,112 and decisioned at 145 and 152 not sure about the rest