Collierville Vs Tullahoma

mjuhb

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

newsflash i told you it didn't matter who won region 4

thats ok we'll take the regional title(siegel), but good job to tullahoma they must have played well against Collierville.

After watching Houston last night I think they will take state. They will need to get by oak ridge in the next hour but I think they will. But then again I though OR would lose last nite.

Trivia:

What girls soccer team holds the state record for the most consecutive Region Championships in any classification or division?

Answer:

Tullahoma, 7 straight Region 4 Championships,

a streak that extends from 1998 to the present ...

... UNTIL SIEGEL knocked them off! :lol:

Congrats Lady Stars for grabbing that Region 4 title this year!!!

I despise domination by one team.

Trivia:

What girls soccer team holds the state record for the most consecutive Region Championships in any classification or division?

Answer:

... UNTIL SIEGEL knocked them off! :lol:

I despise posts that are a week late-on the wrong thread-and come after Tullahoma made it one round further than Siegel.

thats ok we'll take the regional title(siegel), but good job to tullahoma they must have played well against Collierville.

After watching Houston last night I think they will take state. They will need to get by oak ridge in the next hour but I think they will. But then again I though OR would lose last nite.

we played good defensively we just couldn't score i have been saying houston could win it all year all but i haven't gotten the houston/oak ridge score

Edited by mjuhb

Trivia:

Answer:

... UNTIL SIEGEL knocked them off! :thumb:

Better do your homework....Hendersonville won 10 Region Championships - 1994-2003!

Dear coachof3,

I wasn't a week late, nor was I on the wrong thread. I was responding to the post just prior to mine by BRSoccer who said they were happy to take the Region 4 title over Tullahoma.

I'm not affiliated with Siegel, but was merely congratulating them on an excellent accomplishment. You sound upset, even touchy. Perhaps you're a Tullahoma fan.

Dear PitchFever,

I did do my homework. As a matter of fact, I AM the homework. I'm the state historian for girls soccer in Tennessee and I have every bracket ever made since the first official championship in 1986. So allow me to explain my point.

I am well aware that Hendersonville technically won 10 consecutive region titles, ended by Beech on October 14, 2004. But I take into account the fact that the first three titles were in the old Region 5. The next 7 were in Region 5 AAA, which technically speaking is not the same region.

After the split in 1997, some teams ended up in completely different regions, so even they may have consecutive titles, but not in the same region. I separate these stats by pre-1997 regions, 1997-2004 regions, and of course 2005-present regions which were recently scrambled by TSSAA except for the regions that did not change at all.

Tullahoma and Hendersonville happened to be tied with 7 consecutive region titles under the AAA format. That is the stat to which I was referring.

Again, I despise domination. I, like most people, enjoy seeing new teams step up and compete for a state championship. Thank you Siegel.

Who wants to see the New York Yankees win the World Series every single year (besides Yankees fans)???

Edited by peterw

Dear coachof3,

I wasn't a week late, nor was I on the wrong thread. I was responding to the post just prior to mine by BRSoccer who said they were happy to take the Region 4 title over Tullahoma.

I'm not affiliated with Siegel, but was merely congratulating them on an excellent accomplishment. You sound upset, even touchy. Perhaps you're a Tullahoma fan.

Dear PitchFever,

I did do my homework. As a matter of fact, I AM the homework. I'm the state historian for girls soccer in Tennessee and I have every bracket ever made since the first official championship in 1986. So allow me to explain my point.

I am well aware that Hendersonville technically won 10 consecutive region titles, ended by Beech on October 14, 2004. But I take into account the fact that the first three titles were in the old Region 5. The next 7 were in Region 5 AAA, which technically speaking is not the same region.

After the split in 1997, some teams ended up in completely different regions, so even they may have consecutive titles, but not in the same region. I separate these stats by pre-1997 regions, 1997-2004 regions, and of course 2005-present regions which were recently scrambled by TSSAA except for the regions that did not change at all.

Tullahoma and Hendersonville happened to be tied with 7 consecutive region titles under the AAA format. That is the stat to which I was referring.

Again, I despise domination. I, like most people, enjoy seeing new teams step up and compete for a state championship. Thank you Siegel.

Who wants to see the New York Yankees win the World Series every single year (besides Yankees fans)???

Regardless, Hendersonville won whichever region they were assigned to....and by your logic, this year's Region 5 championship wouldn't have counted either since White House dropped down to A/AA???

Regardless, Hendersonville won whichever region they were assigned to....and by your logic, this year's Region 5 championship wouldn't have counted either since White House dropped down to A/AA???

beech won region 5 last year white house never challenged in the district or region when they were in AAA