District 2aa 2005-06

tigerball12

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys RB here....

Bulldog Ball is back at it they took a hard one Tuesday night with a loss to Anderson County. A scoring snafu midway through the 3d quartermade things interesting. Joseph Holt shot the lights out from the corner/ Estes couldn't hit the broadside of the barn, regardless of his snowbirdin', Nickel was about the same. The Dawgs seemed out of sync the entire night O'Dell was doing great crazshing the borads, however the NBA (sould be the nba, they don't deserve capitals in my opinion) has ruined High School Basketball. Matt Reece and Cory Sharp did well protecting the ball and bringing it up, but teamwork and defense wins games, and both were a bit off.

I will be doing the public address for the home games so come up and say high and I will even give CoachT a plug.

I will try to give weekly updates on the games with equal billing for both teams.

Good Luck to all the teams this season.

RB at FBC-New Tazewell

Thanks RB!

Don't worry about the Bulldogs after 1 game, they'll get it all together.

I'm glad that Holt was doing well. That kid is one good athlete.

Do you have any Christmas tournament pairings yet?

I just posted the first round game for Cumberland Gap at Wayne County, KY. They start out against Russellville, KY, then follow the brackets.

Rodney Woods has been coaching at Wayne County for several years, and they always seem to be tough.

Cumberland Gap, Clinton, and Baylor are going up from Tennessee to face Wayne County, Casey County, Russellville, and Warren Central from Kentucky.

I see that the Bulldogs will be in Berea, KY at the same time, following a trip to Knoxville Halls.

Tournament play sure keeps us busy updating schedules! :D

The Sports Guy,

I hope to have the pairings this week. Should be able to get them after First Priority Thursday.

Joseph is a great player and an excellent kid as well come to youth quite often so got a good opinion of him. LOL

If you need any info just give me a shout.

Will do partner. Same goes for you.

Keep up the good work at FBC. So many of today's kids need guidance. I think it's a combination of high divorce rates, Roe vs Wade, Video games, Hip Hop, & Cable TV.

:thumb:

Sloppy moments, awsome moments, but Cumberland Gap managed a 71-62 win over Union Co. tonight to start district play.

I had A.J. Fultz with 26 and Tyler Brim with 20 to lead the Panthers, and Charlie Roach with 24 to lead the Patriots.

It got nasty toward the end, but the refs did a good job keeping it from getting completely out of hand.

I didn't see what happened, but we started with 3 officials, and ended with 2. They really had their hands full when tempers started to flare on both teams.

Who else won district matches this week?

PF lost to Sevier Co. 55-51 last Thursday then beat Seymour on Friday 65-52. Tough rivalry games on back to back nights.

PF played extremely hard in both games, but shooting was the problem. Missed numerous layups in both games and ended up shooting around 30% against Sevier and 40% against Seymour.

Tough game tonight against Webb.

from what little I have seen from both teams, both have 2 main players, but I think the game will be decided on which team gains the intensity and keeps it the longest. Both teams are almost unstoppable when the intensity belongs to them. Claiborne will have the advantage of home court and home crowd. It will be up to Cumberland Gap to overcome that and play intense basketball if they want to upset Claiborne at home.