District 2aa 2005-06

tigerball12

Updated standings, please make corrections if these are wrong.

PF 8-1 (beat Union, GP twice, Rutledge twice, CG twice, Claiborne; lost Union)

CG 6-2 (beat Union, Claiborne twice, GP twice, Rutledge; lost PF twice)

CHS 5-4 (beat Rutledge twice, GP twice, Union; lost to CG twice, Union, PF)

UC 3-5 (beat Claiborne, Rutledge, PF;lost to PF, CG, Claiborne, GP, Rutledge)

RHS 2-7 (beat GP, Union; lost to Claiborne twice, GP, Union, CG, PF twice)

GP 2-7 (beat Rutledge, Union; lost to CG twice, Claiborne twice, PF twice, Rutledge)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PF beat Rutledge last night 68-61 to lock up the Regular Season District Championship and the #1 seed in the tournament. It was an ugly game, but a win is a win.

KevB do you know the order of all the tie-breakers. Things could get interesting in the 4-6 spots. I wonder what Union and GP have. PF is 5 and I think CG is 6, that leaves 2,3, & 4 for Claiborne, GP, and Union.

Only know the number that Kip drew my man...I don't hear much anymore being in Cincy now... :thumb:

District 2-AA @ Union County will begin on Mon. 2-20, times have not been set yet, but here are the matchups for the boys.

Elimination Round Mon. 2/20

#3 Claiborne vs. #6 GP

#4 Union vs. #5 Rutledge

Semi-Finals Tues. 2/21

#2 Cumberland Gap vs. winner of 3/6 game

#1 Pigeon Forge vs. winner of 4/5 game

Finals Thurs. 2/23

Its going to be a great tounament. Cant wait til monday. I heard that Coach Wright from PF was voted coach of the year. Congratulations to him, he did a great job with PF this season. I also heard that Nickle was MVP, does anyone else know if this is true? Its hard to believe that a 5-5 team would have the MVP. I do agree that he is one of the best players in the district but i believe that there were better players for there respective teams this season. He is definitely the best player on that team and the reason that Claiborne finished with a .500 record in the district but I still think there are better choices out there for MVP. Not taking anything away from Nickle cause he is a very good player. Im sure Estes thinks he is the best player on that team but anyone that watches them play knows who they look to in the crunch. Im not sure if the Coach of the year and the MVP are correct so if this is wrong please correct me. Does anyone know who made the all district team? I could probably guess most of them. Well, I would like to say good luck to all the teams in the district and in the region as well.