Who Will Be All Region For Region 6-2a?

waverly tigers

all region needs to go to the raider defense as a whole and not #40 cody taylor he's good but he wouldnt be good if he didnt have a very good defensive line to keep him from getting blocked. his dad coach taylor gives him the ball when we get in the red zone. trying to make him look good and he needs to give it to diaz mitchell the ones who put it down their but its his kid. dont get me wrong hes good btu he makes plays because his d line allows him to stay free of blocks.i play for richland and his dad puts plays in every week for his son this is my opinion but i dont think no one else will speqak up from our team because taylor will throw a fit.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all region needs to go to the raider defense as a whole and not #40 cody taylor he's good but he wouldnt be good if he didnt have a very good defensive line to keep him from getting blocked. his dad coach taylor gives him the ball when we get in the red zone. trying to make him look good and he needs to give it to diaz mitchell the ones who put it down their but its his kid. dont get me wrong hes good btu he makes plays because his d line allows him to stay free of blocks.i play for richland and his dad puts plays in every week for his son this is my opinion but i dont think no one else will speqak up from our team because taylor will throw a fit.

who are you? just wondering

Sharpie, my god i didn't know TO played for the Raiders. Look having your own opinion is fine but its good advice to anyone not to say stuff like that about your own team, particularlly in a public forum. Its Kinda bad because I don't think in the four years or so that I have been casually reading the Forums on Coach T I have heard a player talk trash about his own team and coaches.

My advise ,take it or leave it, is that this should be your last negative topic on the subject and that you should prob keep who you are to the confines of the internet. You guys should have a shot at having a good team in the coming years but crap like that can do a surprising amount of harm to the ole' team chemistry.

Here is to hoping no more Raiders respond to this to support either side best to just let that kinda thing die.

the talk on here about who is better between

camdens running back and riversides.

the comparison of carries to yards anybody can run through holes

a good back makes his own holes.

#6 Smith is bigger and faster than Boyd

here are some game stats

agianst Lewis Co. that beat camden

#42 Boyd 60 yards

#6 Smith 175 yards

against Goodpasture

#42 Boyd 59 yards 1 td

#6 Smith 89 yards 2 tds

Boyd is good but he is not a Hunter Smith

Edited by 4

the talk on here about who is better between

camdens running back and riversides.

the comparison of carries to yards anybody can run through holes

a good back makes his own holes.

#6 Smith is bigger and faster than Boyd

here are some game stats

agianst Lewis Co. that beat camden

#42 Boyd 60 yards

#6 Smith 175 yards

against Goodpasture

#42 Boyd 59 yards 1 td

#6 Smith 89 yards 2 tds

Boyd is good but he is not a Hunter Smith

Let's talk about yards per carry....Josh avg <16 carries a game. Does Smith avg a first down every 9 out of 10 carries? I know Smith avgs 20 or more like 25 carries a game. He DOES NOT share carries like Josh has to. Let's be real here...Smith is good but he couldn't carry Boyd's jock when it all comes down to it. When Smith comes close to 6,200 yards then we'll talk...until then there should be no discussion.

Edited by Lions4ever

Let's talk about yards per carry....Josh avg <16 carries a game. Does Smith avg a first down every 9 out of 10 carries? I know Smith avgs 20 or more like 25 carries a game. He DOES NOT share carries like Josh has to. Let's be real here...Smith is good but he couldn't carry Boyd's jock when it all comes down to it. When Smith comes close to 6,200 yards then we'll talk...until then there should be no discussion.

I have not been on Coach T in a while, Congrats Camden on a good year. Let me start by saying that Boyd and Smith are very good players and I do believe that they have alot of respect for each other. I will say that in my opinion, Smith is a better running back than Boyd. Boyd sharing carries is actually an advantage for him. Every defense that Smith faced knew what was coming a week in advance. They were going to get a heavy dose of Hunter Smith!! All eleven defensive players had their eyes on Smith every snap. The same is not true with Boyd. That is an advantage, not a disadvantage. Smith was also on the field on defense, kick-offs, kick returns, and punt returns. He was on the field for pretty much every snap and still ran the ball with authority until the last tick of the clock.

Let's put another twist on the comparison of these two players. Was Josh Boyd a good player? Of course he was!! He was a great HIGH SCHOOL RUNNING BACK. I don't want to take anything away from him or what he has done. Was Hunter Smith a good player? Of course he was!! He was a great high school running back that has the ability to be really good player at the next level. Be honest, if you are a college program, who would you rather have? Josh Boyd who was a great high school running back that can do one thing or Hunter Smith who was a great high school running back that can do a number of things for your program. Smith has the size and speed to do many things to help your program. He would be a great defensive back, wide receiver, running back(obviously), and maybe even linebacker with the right strength coach to put weight on him. That's just my opinion and I'm not a college scout.

I know that many people will disagree with what I've said and that's OK. I'm not saying that Josh Boyd will not play at the next level, I'm just saying that if I'm a college program, I'm taking Hunter Smith.

your talking about high scool carriers im talking today.

smith would knock jash boyds jock off, plum to camden bottoms.

josh had an extra year to play to get his carrier yards up to were thay are.

smith is 17 years old josh is 19 years old .

smith runs 4.5 40 yrd

j.boyd runs 4.9 40 yrd

Smith plays 48 minutes of football

j.boyd plays 24 at most

josh is a very good running back but he couldn't every carry aload like smith

smith high school carrier 20 games 3,600 yards 180 yard a game

j. boyds carrier about 46 games 6,200 yards 134 yards a game

I have seen both of these backs play several games. Both were very good high school running backs. Josh has more career yards and has played since he was a freshman. Hunter has started maybe 25 games in his career. Josh has started maybe 47 games.

Stats are a little misleading. Also both play in different offensive schems. They also run behind different lines. Josh has ran out of the Wing "T" and ran outside with several pulling blockers. Hunter has ran out of the "I" formation and has gotten his yards between the tackles. When you run between the tackles you will not have a big average of 9 to 10 yards a carry. Hunter averaged over 7 yards a carry between the tackles.

I was at the Camden and Riverside game this season. I would say that Hunter Smith was the best back on the field that night.

I would take Smith over Boyd also. He is bigger and faster. Not to say I would not like to have Boyd on my team.

I know the camden fans will understand what I am saying when i say you have to hang onto the football to be a reall good back!

Good luck to both Boyd and Smith in their future careers.

Hunter Smith had 5 more yards than Josh in that game- on like 15 more carries. And let's not forget that it was Josh who broke the run to put the game away. Look at the numbers. Josh has more yards and more TD's on less carries. If Josh got the ball 30 times a game, he'd have made finalist for Mr. Football. But Josh didn't care about personal accolades. He cared about W's. Now, Hunter's a great back, but he's isn't Boyd. Let's not forget Josh also had about 300 yards rushing in the postseason. Both are great backs, but I'd take Josh any day.

I have seen both of these backs play several games. Both were very good high school running backs. Josh has more career yards and has played since he was a freshman. Hunter has started maybe 25 games in his career. Josh has started maybe 47 games.

Stats are a little misleading. Also both play in different offensive schems. They also run behind different lines. Josh has ran out of the Wing "T" and ran outside with several pulling blockers. Hunter has ran out of the "I" formation and has gotten his yards between the tackles. When you run between the tackles you will not have a big average of 9 to 10 yards a carry. Hunter averaged over 7 yards a carry between the tackles.

I was at the Camden and Riverside game this season. I would say that Hunter Smith was the best back on the field that night.

I would take Smith over Boyd also. He is bigger and faster. Not to say I would not like to have Boyd on my team.

I know the camden fans will understand what I am saying when i say you have to hang onto the football to be a reall good back!

Good luck to both Boyd and Smith in their future careers.

First let me say that the reason Josh played his freshman season and every game since is because he's that good and deserved to play. He received all region honors that year and also received Jackson Sun player of the year his Sophomore year...ok got that off my chest....Also its funny I seem to remember in the Camden Riverside game Smith got most of his yards around the outside and Boyd got most of his up the gut with Byron getting most of his around the end so that kinda blows your theory. Josh is more productive per carry end of story. I realize that Smith gets keyed on...but when teams put a LB and safety spy on you all game every game even though they know that that there are 5 other backs that could run on you at any time is the ultimate in respect....and Josh still gets a first down almost every carry. :lol:

This point is moot...Smith and Boyd will be all-region and Boyd will probably be region MVP regardless. I guess next season we'll have to find some others to argue about but I'm glad we'll be able to because there are good things going on on this side of the river! :lol:

Hunter Smith had 5 more yards than Josh in that game- on like 15 more carries. And let's not forget that it was Josh who broke the run to put the game away. Look at the numbers. Josh has more yards and more TD's on less carries. If Josh got the ball 30 times a game, he'd have made finalist for Mr. Football. But Josh didn't care about personal accolades. He cared about W's. Now, Hunter's a great back, but he's isn't Boyd. Let's not forget Josh also had about 300 yards rushing in the postseason. Both are great backs, but I'd take Josh any day.

Me too :thumb:

I will settle this right now.

Chris Hatton is the best running back in 6AA hands down

case closed the end.

He will break all the records next year

when Lewis Co. will win the region again

camden will have nothing to show for going to the quarter finals

and riverside will have nothing to show for giving us our only lose in the region.

we have the 2005 region title forever.

Edited by lchspanther

How many fumbles did Boyd have in that game? How many did Smith have? NONE. I think Smith has had maybe 4 all year. How many has Boyd had? ALOT. I think that when Smith has as many carries as he had and did not cough it up much speaks for itself. I know that Boyd has a fumbling problem. I have seen him turn it over 4 times myself and I have only seen him play three games this year. If he would have carried it more he would fumble more.

Ball control is what seperates Boyd and Smith.

Smith is 1st and Boyd is 2nd.

Edited by swampthanq