Mckenzie Vs Manassas

VOLnWTN

Hey #55 and #50. Ya'll both played some good D up here. I'm glad I came out and met you two after the game. Manassas doesn't have a lot of playoff experience and that might be the main difference. When a team gets jumped on early and often like ya'll did it's easy for a lot of the team to lay down on you early.

I didn't see ya'll quit completely. I saw a lot of heart on the field last Friday night from ya'll. Ya'll played as hard as you could for 48 minutes. I have to agree that all your teammates may not have left it all on the field up here. That happens. A lesson learned for next season for them.

Yeah, I know how it feels to play your last game myself no matter what level it's at. I have looked back far too many times. I had a chance in college but wasn't happy with the situation so I came home. Both of you are better men for your time on the field in the pads and the people you have met along the way. Ya'll might even get a shot at the next level. Try it if it comes.

My girlfriend lives in Memphis and I'm down there fairly often. Maybe we'll run into each other again sometime and I'll still smile and shake ya'lls hand. The two of you made an impression on this 'ol Rebel last Friday night. How is the kid who hurt his knee doing??

[/quote

He tore a ligament but he will be alright

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lilyo865,

Glad your teammate with the knee injury (torn ligaments) is gonna be OK. That's the best bad news I've heard today. I had a similar injury in HS and made it OK 'till I was in my 40's. I eventually had to have it scoped but, I'm still kickin'.

You guys are startin' to confuse me. Two different handles on here. I wonder if I'm talkin' to Roderick or Steve. ;)

I also agree that both of ya'll played good D up here. That's why I came out there after the game. I just didn't know I was talkin' to two guys all week. I thought I was just talkin' to one basically. You did mention both of you though.

Just curious, is Ole Miss interested in Vaughn as a DB or QB??? My guess would be DB but.....?? I've only seen him once so I don't have much to base it on.