White House @ Polk Co.

polk_wildcat

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I heard there was a bus going down to Polk? Is that true and what time is it leaving? I don't know much about Polk, but after Monday i will. From what i've seen in this post, they have a good running back and that is what has seemed to killl the Devils this year. Although the running backs for the opposing team haven't scored that many points, they control the game. That is what Greenbrier did and Pearl Cohn. The Devils are alot better than the record indicates, considering once Max and Ricky got healthy, they've lost only two games-Pearl and Greenbrier, the one and two seed in the region. They lost to those two by a combined 13 points i believe. I will be down there no matter if there is a bus or if i'll spend 5.00/ gallon in gas. Someone that knows about Polk let me know what they have, and what they would have to do to beat the Devils

Actually we lost to Pearl Cohn by 7, and Greenbrier by 10. Not much more than 13. But unforunately, one is enough.

Polk is big and strong, a power team. They dont have a whole lot of speed but they make up for by playing very hard

Then they'll have to stay in front of Ricky. :D They ain't seen speed yet!

Actually guys there will or should be a sign up sheet located at the Cumberland Bank in White House. Last I heard- You can sign up there.

The bus plans on leaving around 2- This info came from a player.

Hope this helps to get you started on plans to attend.

Isn't this an Eastern Time game? I think I'm going to drive and leave earlier than that. 2 p.m. seems to cut it a little close, but I like to get there early.

Polk overview for White House fans.

They dress 78 players out of a school of only 525 kids.

Linemen averages: 6'3" 273lbs.

Have only 1 player that plays both ways.

Pure power team, will run the ball right at you all the time.

Rarely ever pass ball.

Running back Kevin Hamby with 1200+ yards is a beast (210 6') and takes multiple defenders to take him down.

Will throw some razzle dazzle on you periodically with the ol' flea flicker.

Great Punter that averages 39.7 yds per punt.

Defense is great and have uncanny intuition on what play is coming and converge on the ball very quickly.

Hamby and Lowe are powerful runners. The O-line for Polk is small, mean, and tough. They are a great running team. The running game is great thanks to the O-line, #40, & #32 but creativity in play calling is the downfall. IF ANYONE WANTS TO BEAT THEM PUT 8 OR 9 IN THE BOX BECAUSE THEY CANNOT THROW THE BALL UNLESS IT IS A #13 REVERSE PASS, OH YEAH WATCH FOR THE REVERSE ON PUNT RETURNS TOO.

Polk overview for White House fans.

They dress 78 players out of a school of only 525 kids.

Linemen averages: 6'3" 273lbs.

Have only 1 player that plays both ways.

Pure power team, will run the ball right at you all the time.

Rarely ever pass ball.

Running back Kevin Hamby with 1200+ yards is a beast (210 6') and takes multiple defenders to take him down.

Will throw some razzle dazzle on you periodically with the ol' flea flicker.

Great Punter that averages 39.7 yds per punt.

Defense is great and have uncanny intuition on what play is coming and converge on the ball very quickly.

All true. Hamby showed Friday that he is indeed a man against ND. Irish did well to "hold" him to only 100 yards. They threw the ball more than I thought they would. ND's speed was the difference.

If you are going to beat them, you need to score early and often. If it comes down to trying to hold them late, those big linemen and powerful runner will dominate.