Brighton @ Melrose

orangemoundwest

I've seen Melrose play 4 times this season under their new coach Chester Flowers. Melrose runs a variety of formations. Depending upon the defense they are facing, or the down and distance situation, they run anything from a 2 tight-end, power I formation to a 4 WR formation. They mix it up pretty good. They have worked all year to develop a passing attack to go with their impressive stable of RBs. Thier stud RB is Craig Cooper. I haven't seen them play in a while ... but from the Orangmound people I know who go to the games ... the passing attack has improved tremendously.

Do you know anything about Fairley? That is our first playoff game. I am not impressed by the wins they have had this season, but it is playoff time and nothing can be taken for granted!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha what a surprise! The same school that put out a class act like Daniel Brooks racked up 270 yards in penalties. That absolutely blows my mind that a coach would stand on the sideline and allow the same players to go in each series and continue to break rules.

I saw Melrose lose to Hillsboro in Nashville in 2004 and they had some of the fastest people I have ever seen. I went to the Olympics in Atlanta and have been to multiple SEC track and field championship meets and still stick by my statement that Melrose had some of the fasted people I have EVER seen. I hope Melrose wins and expect them to. They have become one of the teams in TN that I really respect and wish them all the luck during the playoff run. Go MBA, Dobbyns-Bennett, Hillsboro, and Melrose.

Where is Craig Cooper going to play his college ball??

Hahaha what a surprise! The same school that put out a class act like Daniel Brooks racked up 270 yards in penalties. That absolutely blows my mind that a coach would stand on the sideline and allow the same players to go in each series and continue to break rules.

I saw Melrose lose to Hillsboro in Nashville in 2004 and they had some of the fastest people I have ever seen. I went to the Olympics in Atlanta and have been to multiple SEC track and field championship meets and still stick by my statement that Melrose had some of the fasted people I have EVER seen. I hope Melrose wins and expect them to. They have become one of the teams in TN that I really respect and wish them all the luck during the playoff run. Go MBA, Dobbyns-Bennett, Hillsboro, and Melrose.

Where is Craig Cooper going to play his college ball??

I guess you missed my point. Our captains tried to find out from the refs what they were calling and only got profanities or racial slurs. Yeah it`s the same program that has a ton of kids playing college ball all over the place. Plus it has 2 players in the NFL. So you can just "cut it out" on the insults to a very good JCM program. :thumb: