jo byrns any info ?

catsfan01

Yea i know a little about jo byrns, i played for east robertson, 01-04. My freshman and sophomore year they beat us handily mainly cause of my boy joe bryant. But my junior and senior year we didnt play them in the season, jus scrimmaged. Both times we beat them by 7 or 8 td's. They run a split 6 front. they like to fire off the ends, and the backers stay primarily in the middle of the field. The soft part of this defense is in the middle, being a split 6 the tackles are alligned in 3 techniques while the backers are in 1's. I personally would attack the defense straight up the gut. Traps, iso's, and counter trey's would be my bread and butter. Their offense is a nice mix of the i and shotgun. when they are in the shotgun clay head jus makes plays. In the i they will come right at you, no fancy stuff. when they are in the shotgun , i suggest the 4-3 over defense with a qb spy locked on head . Blitz 70 % , dont let head get comfortable, get in him out of rythm early. when in the i , walk the free safety up to give a 4-4 look, keep the qb spy and put your tackles in 2 techs. Not an abundance of athletes, jus solid coaching. A good team but can easily be beaten. I dont care who wins this game, there is no comp in 1a anyway.

Since u played for east, u would think that u would have a little respect for a team, that beat u 2 years in a row ur fr. and so. year. Thanx for giving all that info and i hope that Wayne Co. does everybit of it because ur info is totally and completely wrong in some points. Yes JBS run a 6-2, but JB dont always have tackles in 3 in fact most of the time JBS always have at least 1 tackle in 1 technique. So go ahead WC do that, i hope u do, and i hope u blitz everytime to cuz Colton Morris will show u y u sho uldnt do that. Anyways just wanted to let u know that alot has changed since the 02 season so dont think u know everything. You are right about one thing, Jo Byrns does have GREAT coaches.

Edited by neutralfan07

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea i know a little about jo byrns, i played for east robertson, 01-04. My freshman and sophomore year they beat us handily mainly cause of my boy joe bryant. But my junior and senior year we didnt play them in the season, jus scrimmaged. Both times we beat them by 7 or 8 td's. They run a split 6 front. they like to fire off the ends, and the backers stay primarily in the middle of the field. The soft part of this defense is in the middle, being a split 6 the tackles are alligned in 3 techniques while the backers are in 1's. I personally would attack the defense straight up the gut. Traps, iso's, and counter trey's would be my bread and butter. Their offense is a nice mix of the i and shotgun. when they are in the shotgun clay head jus makes plays. In the i they will come right at you, no fancy stuff. when they are in the shotgun , i suggest the 4-3 over defense with a qb spy locked on head . Blitz 70 % , dont let head get comfortable, get in him out of rythm early. when in the i , walk the free safety up to give a 4-4 look, keep the qb spy and put your tackles in 2 techs. Not an abundance of athletes, jus solid coaching. A good team but can easily be beaten. I dont care who wins this game, there is no comp in 1a anyway.

ummmm imagine that no comp in 1A well guess your boys are in big trouble sense JBS did come to east this year on home coming and win oh well guess that means nothing :rolleyes:

I dont want to give to much info about JBS away, because u dont want everybody knowing everything about u. I will tell u that they are better then ppl give them credit for. I will say that i do like everybody underestimating us, because that just gives more motivation to prove everybody wrong. I cant believe that all these ppl are counting out JBS and saying that Wayne Co. will beat them w/ ease. As good as Wayne Co. running game is, i dont think that it will be enough to beat JBS because they are to 1 dimensional. I pick JBS my more then u ppl think

JBS: 42

Wayne Co.: 13

That's not a bad idea but at this point of the season there are so many tapes out there the only thing the opposing team doesn't know is what you have implemented during the last week. I have to disagree that everyone is counting JB out. Most I talk to think JB will win but think WC will make a bit of a game out of it.

Good Luck to both teams. Hope region 6 wins though.

Edited by MPTigerT

I agree with the post that stated you should show a team more respect. Even if it's a team that beat East, have a little "home county" loyalty..

I agree with the post that stated you should show a team more respect. Even if it's a team that beat East, have a little "home county" loyalty..

I'm from East and do not know who that poster is. Sorry about the disrespect, we at East are pulling for JB as always.

If you want to know about JB know they are stoked (just started using that word, lol) and they will beat u. I can't wait until ya play trousdale and show everyone what you are made of.

Robertson County Times today has great articles on the Robertson County teams. I especially like the one where Josh Wilkins says he feels like the Incredible Hulk because he covers these three Region Champs...

I saw that too, he is a hoot sometimes.

Great article and pictures of all the teams.