jo byrns any info ?

catsfan01

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most sportsmanlike team you'll play killer team this year that could beat all of the alphabet soup teams in 2a. welcome to region 5 and the new class A, wayne county hope you brought some aloe vera because clay, colton, and all our recievers are going to burn ya. :angry:

Edited by markfrog

anyone give me any info on jo byrns ?

A very disciplined team. A team with a balance offense, Clay Head the QB can run and throw. One nite they might rush for over 250 yds the next nite they pass for over 250yds. They are good at contolling the clock. The best offensive and defensive line we played against this year. They do not turn the ball over a lot. If they have a weakness it would be a lack of team speed, but they are not slow. Some good speed at RB and WR and on def. they are very quick to the ball. Just not the explosiveness of lets say a Mt. Pleasant. They really do not have a lot of weeknesses. To beat them I think you have to be more than a one dimensional team, you can not beat them running the ball only.

I dont want to give to much info about JBS away, because u dont want everybody knowing everything about u. I will tell u that they are better then ppl give them credit for. I will say that i do like everybody underestimating us, because that just gives more motivation to prove everybody wrong. I cant believe that all these ppl are counting out JBS and saying that Wayne Co. will beat them w/ ease. As good as Wayne Co. running game is, i dont think that it will be enough to beat JBS because they are to 1 dimensional. I pick JBS my more then u ppl think

JBS: 42

Wayne Co.: 13

Where is the school located?

Jo Byrns in Robertson County, TN just minutes from the Kentucky line in Cedar Hill, TN. The school serves K-12 so it's just called Jo Byrns School. They're a small country school so I"m pretty sure they don't have a website.

I can tell you one thing. They've got a great team this year.

GO Red Devils!! Go East Robertson! Go Greenbrier!

Make Robertson County shine!

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

Yea i know a little about jo byrns, i played for east robertson, 01-04. My freshman and sophomore year they beat us handily mainly cause of my boy joe bryant. But my junior and senior year we didnt play them in the season, jus scrimmaged. Both times we beat them by 7 or 8 td's. They run a split 6 front. they like to fire off the ends, and the backers stay primarily in the middle of the field. The soft part of this defense is in the middle, being a split 6 the tackles are alligned in 3 techniques while the backers are in 1's. I personally would attack the defense straight up the gut. Traps, iso's, and counter trey's would be my bread and butter. Their offense is a nice mix of the i and shotgun. when they are in the shotgun clay head jus makes plays. In the i they will come right at you, no fancy stuff. when they are in the shotgun , i suggest the 4-3 over defense with a qb spy locked on head . Blitz 70 % , dont let head get comfortable, get in him out of rythm early. when in the i , walk the free safety up to give a 4-4 look, keep the qb spy and put your tackles in 2 techs. Not an abundance of athletes, jus solid coaching. A good team but can easily be beaten. I dont care who wins this game, there is no comp in 1a anyway.