Knox Central vs. Red Bank

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be totally different game for Central going from one team that throws the ball all over the place and runs out of the shot-gun all game, to a team that will run the ball right down your throat, and a defense that will punch you right in the mouth. It will be a great match up between the Running Backs too.

Edited by Rhea Co.

CHS Baseball 09....leave it to you to start the next thread. Not bad mouthing you, but you are definitely on top of it!!!!! :huh:

Now, I've got a simple question.....

Has any coach ever chartered a bus to take his team from Red Bank's visiting team locker room to the playing field. Seriously, it seems like it's a 3 mile walk. Even Knox West's visiting locker room is closer......and we ain't even going to talk about what happened there several years ago.

Edited by catsfever

Medman...what's up???? You are usually on top of all the Bobcats opponents!!!!

Honestly....this game scares me. Best I remember, the Red Bank game last year was a frustrating one for the Cats. Penalites, weather and sloppy field conditions. The Cats came out with a win, but I don't know about this year.

Should be a good game. Overall, CHS has better stats than the Lions, but none of that really matters once the clock hits 7pm November 11th.

Even though Central played RB last year, a team can change a lot, so I'm not sure what they really have. I would be interested in some input from some of the region 4 folks. Maybe a breakdown on the team.

Hey Medman how about a pesky Red Devil folk,

I don't know what Rhea co. was on but against us(check news sentinel stats) they passed to set up the run. They have a talented sophomore group starting with their qb Ledbetter. He mostly ran a four wide formation out of the shotgun. They have speed on the outside with height. They are definetly a better team than last year. In fact two of the four receivers and a running back are sophomores. So they have some new faces on offense. Knowing Central you should be able to match up with these guys and definetly handle their running game. They have playmakers and converted on third downs regularly through the air to different targets against our Devils and thats after we had picked them three times.

We had one offical who was lacking and that led to many holds on our #1(Dayton) all night long watch for this.(even pushed him down when he was beaten long) But our wideouts still beat em deep and got open so Helton to Adkins,Cruze & co. should have a good night. There front four looked solid and controlled the middle running game.

Red Bank is better than last year but I don't think it will be enough against this Central team. Maybe I'm little partial but we still should have beat em. We just didn't execute on offense especially running in the middle to their strength and not passing earlier when our receivers came open.

Don't worry about their kicking game they barely got their extra points not even close on field goals and they squib kick the kickoffs. Advantage Central. Just let Lonas kick it in the endzone like O'conner did and their kickoff returners can't use there speed for big plays.

Good luck Medman and the Bobcat faithful Central 28 Red Bank 14 :D

Hey Medman how about a pesky Red Devil folk,

I don't know what Rhea co. was on but against us(check news sentinel stats) they passed to set up the run. They have a talented sophomore group starting with their qb Ledbetter. He mostly ran a four wide formation out of the shotgun. They have speed on the outside with height. They are definetly a better team than last year. In fact two of the four receivers and a running back are sophomores. So they have some new faces on offense. Knowing Central you should be able to match up with these guys and definetly handle their running game. They have playmakers and converted on third downs regularly through the air to different targets against our Devils and thats after we had picked them three times.

We had one offical who was lacking and that led to many holds on our #1(Dayton) all night long watch for this.(even pushed him down when he was beaten long) But our wideouts still beat em deep and got open so Helton to Adkins,Cruze & co. should have a good night. There front four looked solid and controlled the middle running game.

Red Bank is better than last year but I don't think it will be enough against this Central team. Maybe I'm little partial but we still should have beat em. We just didn't execute on offense especially running in the middle to their strength and not passing earlier when our receivers came open.

Don't worry about their kicking game they barely got their extra points not even close on field goals and they squib kick the kickoffs. Advantage Central. Just let Lonas kick it in the endzone like O'conner did and their kickoff returners can't use there speed for big plays.

Good luck Medman and the Bobcat faithful Central 28 Red Bank 14 :D

Thanks for the input ZCAR- I still hate that were not playing you guys again. There's nothing better than rivalry games in the playoffs. Oh well, I guess we'll see you next year on your side of the Ridge.