Sullivan South's playoff future

jhite4058

apparently they dont have a feild goal kicker or at least dont know how to use him .... can someone tell me why they didnt kick one of the times they were in the red zone of the 5 ?????

I work with a guy that has a nephew on the South team and I asked him about the field goal kicker. He said they have no confidence in the field goal and have not attempted a single field goal try all year. Wow, that seems hard to believe. Can anyone verify that? They may need a kick or two down the stretch...Friday against Boone would have been a good chance to get him some tries because 2 or 3 field goals instead of getting stopped on downs would have given some cushion when Boone blocked that punt late.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebel65....give me a prediction!

Looking at South winning in a grueling defensive struggle. Gonna come down to the wire with a 28-24 score

Come and watch the game on the home side. Be sitting on the 30 down near da band. My sone also plays bass drum in da band. Won't be marching during playoffs but has all year.

:thumb:

I work with a guy that has a nephew on the South team and I asked him about the field goal kicker. He said they have no confidence in the field goal and have not attempted a single field goal try all year. Wow, that seems hard to believe. Can anyone verify that? They may need a kick or two down the stretch...Friday against Boone would have been a good chance to get him some tries because 2 or 3 field goals instead of getting stopped on downs would have given some cushion when Boone blocked that punt late.

I have said the same thing on many occasions that they need to try a field goal. I have been to all the games and they have tried ONE and only one and he made it but that was from 25 yards. as far as no confidence that probably have been from the xtra points because he is 32/38 on them and the one miss was VERY COSTLY

I have said the same thing on many occasions that they need to try a field goal. I have been to all the games and they have tried ONE and only one and he made it but that was from 25 yards. as far as no confidence that probably have been from the xtra points because he is 32/38 on them and the one miss was VERY COSTLY

I was just curious as to why they didn't even attempt a field goal Friday night because they played 80% of the game on the Boone side of the 50 and it may have been a good chance to get a kid some shots when the game wasn't on the line which could give him some confidence for when the game is on the line. I hope my comments weren't taken as a knock on the kicker. It's easy to sit here and bad mouth fans and players, but sometimes we forget these are 16, 17, and 18 year old kids out there.

The South-DB game was pretty sloppy all around for both teams but that was a big extra point miss. I try not to put my shoulda,coulda, wouldas on one play in a game. Because if South doesn't fumble twice late inside the DB 30 yard line then maybe he gets a chance to kick for the win. If DBs QB dosen't go down on the early then maybe they score a little more. I think there are many what-ifs in about every game. If South would have kicked a field goal at some point Friday then Boone doesn't have the chance to tie late in the game. But they didn't and the last 3 minutes of the game were very exciting. That's what makes high school football so great.

See! There are DB fans that can get on here and make a point without getting into all the mud slinging :thumb:

South's kicker has a strong leg, not much on the accuracy that I have seen this year. The only thing wrong with the offense may be in the plays called. They move the ball good on the ground with the misdirection runs, but when they got in the redzone against Boone they wanted to throw the ball on four straight downs. Hey, if you can move it on the ground keep grinding it, maybe put a pass in every few plays.