Huntingdon v/s Milan --Quarterfinal matchup

MB77

I dont want to argue about 03..Being as the upcoming game is most important..But I think just about everyone in Tennessee knows Huntingdon outtricked Milan in the playoffs. Better team? Not even close. George West, Daniel Beasley, Daylan Walker, Terricus Davis, Rod Smith, A SENIOR line, Travis White, Eric Coleman..That was one of the best to come through Milan.

We aren't arguing a bit that it was one of the best teams to come through Milan. Huntingdon KNOWS that the 03 Huntingdon team was the best 2A team in the state and one of the best if not the best regardless of classification.

There was no tricks, no smoke and mirrors in that game. Huntingdon won a very physical hard fought game where Milan ran out of gas at the end.

Huntingdon had a freshman rush for over 200 yards against Milan that year and guess what you will get to see him again on Friday night.

Edited by stangfan

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As one of the Milan Faithful, we'll all be there wearing our purple and white, supporting our Dawgs!

There's some great post on here, some with great respect for both teams and their fans. It shows true class and maturity between those that truly appreciate two great West Tennessee football programs. It's safe to say that this WILL be the game of the playoffs. Lots of interest in this game. Safe to say that there will be a capacity crowd so you'd better get there early.

Best of luck to both teams. Prayers lifted early that all the players go home injury free and that regardless of who wins this game, they're still winners in all our books.

I keep thinking about that sign over the entrance to the stadium at UTM Friday night..."Taking reservations for the 'boro". Westview was already planning ahead of the game. Neither the Stangs nor the Dawgs need to do this about this game. My prediction.....to the wire...put new batteries in your pacemakers....keep the oxygen tank handy....we'll know the winner when the buzzer sounds at the end of the 4th quarter!

GO DAWGS!

Beautifully put! Everyone keeps looking two weeks ahead, but I just want to get to the next game, as do the 'Stangs. Thanks for the admirable and elloquent post. Nice reading! GO 'STANGS!!!!! :angry:

We aren't arguing a bit that it was one of the best teams to come through Milan. Huntingdon KNOWS that the 03 Huntingdon team was the best 2A team in the state and one of the best if not the best regardless of classification.

There was no tricks, no smoke and mirrors in that game. Huntingdon won a very physical hard fought game where Milan ran out of gas at the end.

Huntingdon had a freshman rush for over 200 yards against Milan that year and guess what you will get to see him again on Friday night.

Your on that good illegal stuff!! You had a guy run wide open down the middle of the field on 2 seperate occasions.. We had 4 turnovers in the 4th quarter, blocked 2 punts and still only lost by 5. Get real man. Your playing fantasy football. Now on to the game friday... GO DAWGS!

Your on that good illegal stuff!! You had a guy run wide open down the middle of the field on 2 seperate occasions.. We had 4 turnovers in the 4th quarter, blocked 2 punts and still only lost by 5. Get real man. Your playing fantasy football. Now on to the game friday... GO DAWGS!

Earth to westtn2004state........The river that runs through the town you live in is called the Tennessee, but when it comes to 03 you live by De Nile.......Now thats a good one... :angry: I dont think its possible to score 34 by only "having a guy run wide open on two seperate occasions......Anyway that ones in the record books, lets talk 2005 please. Have you even saw Huntingdon play?

Well I can still see that your in the same dream you was in 2 years ago.

I guess the reciever tricked the defender into thinking he was going for a jog. The turnovers obviously were caused by gremlins and we didn't mean to block those punts. No wait, Milan blocked 2 punts in the 4th quarter and still lost.

Just remember, I didn't bring the 03 season up. I really think you need to get some professional help so you can deal with it.

Its just me defending Milan on here right now against a couple people...Need I remind you? You have about 20 different names on here mimicking everything you say. So obviously, your going to think your right. I got my bling buddy. I earned every bit of it. I simply support the Milan Bulldogs and never let any bystander that just goes to school at Huntingdon to get on here and speak of what they do not know.

look the 03 milan team was better than huntingdon flat out bottom line however h town was good enough and milan made a few mistakes ive said it before and im saying it again when these to play u can throw the records and how good each team is out the door cause its gonna be a fight to the finish

Edited by bulldoggfan

For the first time in a LONG time I believe that the Stangs are the more diversified offense. If we want to pound the ball up the middle the weapons are there. If we want to run it outside the weapons are there. If we want to throw the ball the weapons are there. How many different formations have we ran out of during the season? Numerous. Sometimes to the chagrin of the fans, but NOW is when that diversity will pay off. :thumb: If something aint working we have the ability to go to something else. I have ZERO doubt that Huntingdon is the better team...Now is not the time to believe you are going to win, now is the time to know you are going to win!!! But you also need to know that if you dont execute Milan is capable of coming in and breaking your hearts. Play like the champions you are Stangs, zero turnovers and outstanding special teams play will win this game!!! Be ready for Milans kicking game trickery because they will throw it all at you this week.........

Huntingdon 27

Milan 24

I"ll admit that the Mustangs are more diversified than they used to be. I wish Huntindon were still running the wing t all the time because Milan seems to defend that offense well.

This Milan team reminds me of the 98' team. One year away from being a really good team, two losses in the regular season, with one of those coming to Huntingdon. Could Milan pull off another 98' season and upset the Mustangs in the playoffs enroute to another gold ball? It's possible

I think Victor Kidd needs to give a speech to the Bulldogs before the game at Paul Ward stadium this week. :thumb:

Edited by 12yr.oldchamps

look the 03 milan team was better than huntingdon flat out bottom line however h town was good enough and milan made a few mistakes ive said it before and im saying it again when these to play u can throw the records and how good each team is out the door cause its gonna be a fight to the finish

03 Mustangs versus 03 Bulldogs lets look at the facts:

1) When they were in the 7th grade (same group of kids) guess who won: Huntingdon

2) When they were in the 8th grade (same group of kids) guess who won: Hunitngdon

3) When they were in the 9th grade (same group of kids) guess who won: Huntingdon

4) When they were in the 12th grade playing in the semifinals for the opportunity to play for the state championship (same group of kids) GUESS WHO WON:

HUNTINGDON

Enough said about 03, The 05 Mustangs will be the first team to beat Milan twice in the same year: Mustangs 20 Bulldogs 13

04 Mustangs versus 04 Bulldogs lets look at the facts:

1) When they were in the 7th grade (same group of kids) guess who won: Huntingdon

2) When they were in the 8th grade (same group of kids) guess who won: Milan

3) When they were in the 9th grade (same group of kids) guess who won: Huntingdon (In Milan..First JV team to do so in years)

4) When they were in the 12th grade playing in the semifinals for the opportunity to play for the state championship (same group of kids) GUESS WHO WON:

HUNTINGDON (In Milan..First win in Milan in a long time)

Just dont forget about the 04 team either..lol