White House @ Notre Dame

timbdp

Yes it hurts, but like I said , in all of the games I'VE seen in MY LIFE this was the worst. Yes, they have a good football team, but like I said, not as good as Greenbrier, , or White House for that matter, and Livingston will win Friday...

I've sat here and counted at least 6 calls I know of that, in my opinion of course, would have probably sealed the win for WH had the Footlocker guys not stepped in and helped.

We won the game between the whistles and had it taken after the whistles. The players know it, I know it, and everyone that watched the game knows it, even if they choose not to discuss it here - that is their right.

The only thing you can ask from an officiating crew is that they call it fair, to the best of their abilities. This game should be reviewed by TSSAA and those responsible should be dealt with accordingly.

Just so everyone knows, I CAN accept a loss. I have missed only three WH games in the last 15 years and they were all wins. I have been there for the losses. This game does not fit into either catagory for me and never will.

WH1971, we appreciate the round-about compliment, and after I read what Jeff Porter said about ND was alot like Greenbrier, I was wondering HOW they compared??

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WH1971, we appreciate the round-about compliment, and after I read what Jeff Porter said about ND was alot like Greenbrier, I was wondering HOW they compared??

Hey Cat, ND had a good passing attack which was the difference in the game, a HUGE fb and a scat back..... Played defense like we do in our region...would be a good fit.....

They kept their composure..... they could have self destructed because they were committing turnovers...... so, yes, a lot like GB..... But offensively probably a little better because of the passing.... We both need to get our passing uo to speed.... :D

Hey Cat, ND had a good passing attack which was the difference in the game, a HUGE fb and a scat back..... Played defense like we do in our region...would be a good fit.....

They kept their composure..... they could have self destructed because they were committing turnovers...... so, yes, a lot like GB..... But offensively probably a little better because of the passing.... We both need to get our passing uo to speed.... :D

Sounded like a good game. I was wondering if they underestimated White House, or if the region just didn't compare. It sounded like WH had them on the ropes. WH had some good kickers. Are they Srs' or coming back? I saw the recap and that the last long kick was a freshman. Looks like sophomores will rule the roost at WH next year.

Yes, I keep wondering when an awesome passing QB is coming our way. Grogan, our next in line, has been in sports all his life I think. He will be a good QB, but I too would like to see some passes like Levering's.

Kudos for the fair responses you have given re: ND. No doubt, our team was as upset last week as you guys were this week. To almost get there, but not is very painful, but hey, "it's a game", or so they say. :D

Looking forward to next year....

Sounded like a good game. I was wondering if they underestimated White House, or if the region just didn't compare. It sounded like WH had them on the ropes. WH had some good kickers. Are they Srs' or coming back? I saw the recap and that the last long kick was a freshman. Looks like sophomores will rule the roost at WH next year.

Yes, I keep wondering when an awesome passing QB is coming our way. Grogan, our next in line, has been in sports all his life I think. He will be a good QB, but I too would like to see some passes like Levering's.

Kudos for the fair responses you have given re: ND. No doubt, our team was as upset last week as you guys were this week. To almost get there, but not is very painful, but hey, "it's a game", or so they say. :D

Looking forward to next year....

ND did not underestimate White House. Two long first half dives that ended in interceptions by White House (one an overthrow and one tipped) means good plays by White House. A botched kickoff and another overthrow interception leading to two offensive drives beginning 15 yards from the endzone again mean good football play and not overconfidence. ND did not overlook White House. I would say White House came to play.

The kicker, Jake Hunter, is a junior. He will be back.

Doug Johnson started the year hurt and only punted this season. Sophomore Josh Martin is also back and he started the year punting and did very well.

I just took a look at the roster, and here's who White House loses: (15) Ladd, Smith, Mash, Barrett, Upchurch, Meadows, Abernathy, Baumann, Wood, Mansfield, Dewitt, Mosley, Hulsey, Hargrove and Johnson.

That's a lot to replace, but West backs up Ladd, which is the best of that bunch who is leavng, so we're in good shape there.

I am very excited about this young corps coming up. You may see a lot of youth next year, but they are talented and it's going to be fun to watch the next three seasons.

I do not think necessarily that Notre Dame overlooked White House, I just think this White House team was much better than the record indicated (7-6) and defensively, White House was much better.

Zach Wood laid a lick on the first play of the game and then we got two interceptions in the red zone, and I think that set a tone that this wasn't going to be a cakewalk.

And it wasn't.

One point, wow.

They had a decent passing game, but they have to - aside from # 40 and a few linemen they are not a very physical football team, and without the pass to open things up, they would not have much of a running game, unlike yourselves.

As far as them keeping their composure, they were given their composure back several times by the zebras. They were not used to having bodily fluids knocked out of them at frequent intervals and their body language at several different times was telling me this game was over. Only to have another flag hit the ground at a CRITICAL moment. Their fans would cheer and their players would liven back up and play some more.

Please note this is MY opinion and not necessarily anyone elses. I do know a little about the game though and this is what I observed from MY seat.

Charlie Murphy thinks wh1971 needs some Vagisil. Apparently he only sees the bad calls against WH. What about on the big hit on the 2nd half kickoff when the WH player stood over the ND player after laying him out, the taunting was obvoius from anywhere. NO flag. That would have pushed WH back 15 yards and you may have had to settle for another FG. Guess you didn't noticed that. In one breath you are praising Ladd as the next Barry Sanders or something, and then saying ND's defense is just good. How many yards did Ladd have?

They had a decent passing game, but they have to - aside from # 40 and a few linemen they are not a very physical football team, and without the pass to open things up, they would not have much of a running game, unlike yourselves.

As far as them keeping their composure, they were given their composure back several times by the zebras. They were not used to having bodily fluids knocked out of them at frequent intervals and their body language at several different times was telling me this game was over. Only to have another flag hit the ground at a CRITICAL moment. Their fans would cheer and their players would liven back up and play some more.

Please note this is MY opinion and not necessarily anyone elses. I do know a little about the game though and this is what I observed from MY seat.

You did get one thing right at the end of your post, it is obvious that you do know "a little" about the game. Obvoiusly very little. There is holding on every play in football, but when it occurs near the play, or is blatantly obvious it will be called. Stop whining, get a tissue out of your purse, and get over it.

Not very physical? #2, Devin Cauthorn has the most rushing yards in the county, over 2,000, not physical at all, Drew Nelson, one of the tandem quarterbacks, when filling in for the injured John Rheinert, on punt runs down the field thirty yards and upends the punt- returner, Matt Hayduk had a stellar game at Will linebacker having at least 5 tfl's, Mike Henry, #13, gets right back up after nearly having his head torqued off on a personal foul... Yea ND is just a push over....

The Zebras did call a horrible game... Horrible in that every play there was at least one chop block by WH, one possibly ending the high school career of one of ND's d-lineman, and after every other play it seemed like there was a late hit or something else not called, so don't cry about two holding penalties late in the game...

Just b/c you guys lost doesn't mean the zebras are slided against you, this is the first year that I can remember ND ever getting anything close to decent officiating, so don't complain.

Charlie Murphy thinks wh1971 needs some Vagisil. Apparently he only sees the bad calls against WH. What about on the big hit on the 2nd half kickoff when the WH player stood over the ND player after laying him out, the taunting was obvoius from anywhere. NO flag. That would have pushed WH back 15 yards and you may have had to settle for another FG. Guess you didn't noticed that. In one breath you are praising Ladd as the next Barry Sanders or something, and then saying ND's defense is just good. How many yards did Ladd have?

The point is not what they called or didn't call, it is when they decided to make a call. If you were there you should know what I'm talking about. Both teams could have been flagged for holding on every play. That is football. Choices were made by some to drop the flag when they needed to and it determined the outcome of the game.

.....He was probably just making sure the other kid was still breathing.....

Please direct me to the post where I said anything about Ladd or Barry Sanders, or Notre Dame's defense being just good. You can read can't you??? Or is someone typing for you???