Trousdale vs Friendship

tchsno1fan

1). Your current team has never had this type of pressure in the playoffs. Playing in 3A no one expected you to compete and in reality you didn't other than 1 year. Now everyone expects a state Championship and anything less would be ...(gulp)... unthinkable!

2). I will not mention Clint getting booted again, sorry! It just sticks in my mind as being funny.

3). FC is young but I have not mentioned their younger teams on this thread. YOU DID, it must worry you for the future! IT SHOULD -- you got it coming! Better call uncle ronnie carter and get right on that public / private split thing being sped up!

4). Bring it! FC will be there and will play better this time! B)

5). Heard Clint's been in Lebanon recently talking to Cumberland's President about taking over that program. Also heard that he asked if the NAIA could apply the 1.8 muliplier to everyone who challenges his team/program!

6). Amazing how MR. Jim Satterfield never shied away from playing the likes of Brentwood Academy, BGA, or anyone (privates included) who called for that matter. Guess he believed that he was good enough to outcoach the competiton. And he was correct most of the time --- HE WAS!!!!! That's why he is a legend in Tennessee football! B)

First of all we were rated in the top 5 in 3A in '01 and beat the #1 team in the state, Portland, who had a 29 game win streak. Ok, you might not think that those kids had pressure on them, but they did. I heard some of the things that people around town said to them when they got stomped 52-12 earlier that year. I was crazy. The town puts so much pressure on these kids. When they walk into a gas station after a loss, no one says "Hey it will be ok" they say "What the heck happened to ya'll. Ya'll stink" That is coming from their own people. The next year in '02 they were rated #1 the entire year until they got beat in the semis. Don't talk to me about pressure, you wouldn't understand it coming from FC. Secondly, we tried to play some 5A teams in the past like in '97 '98 and even some 4A teams this past year, but noone will schedule us. Who would. If they win they are suppose to. If they lose, they will be reemed. THis often leads to TC playing out of state teams. In 99 we played two teams from KY and one from AL. Good ones too.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hear alot of talk about pressure on TC, and yes it is there this year but i think that pressure has been there for a while. even when TC has had a season that they knew was a rebuilding year, the town itself is a good old fashion football centered town, there was pressure on them even when they had a rebuilding year to be good, just from the town alone! so i think that TC knows how to deal with pressure and i doubt that will become a factor at all for TC. FC fan here so i still say go green. but i just wanted to adress the idea of this is the first time this team has had pressure, i feel that anyone from trousdale county football any year ever has pressure on them from the town. also, i would like to adress a coment i heard made... nopass said something to the tune of "plus the game is on the creekbank and you know how those comanders feel about the creekband"... i know that trousdale county feels about the bank the way any vol fan feels about knoxville, that just behing their makes it so much harder for the other team to win. and yes, it is a time proven fact that trousdales record at the bank is astounding... but to many people who haven't even heard of TC or the bank until this year.. it is not like that to them.... so trousdale, i understand how you feel about the bank, and you should. I am from friendship and someday hope to enjoy the success your program has, i just wanted to adress the fact that the current team and FC knows about the creekbank, and knows its record... but certainly not afraid of it. as i feel that no one should be, i respect the field, and i respect the feeling of the entire place, it is electric. but i don't think that the players we have here feel any different, we respect the field and the season you have, that behing said. good luck to both teams, i will be watching good or bad... go green!

i hear alot of talk about pressure on TC, and yes it is there this year but i think that pressure has been there for a while. even when TC has had a season that they knew was a rebuilding year, the town itself is a good old fashion football centered town, there was pressure on them even when they had a rebuilding year to be good, just from the town alone! so i think that TC knows how to deal with pressure and i doubt that will become a factor at all for TC. FC fan here so i still say go green. but i just wanted to adress the idea of this is the first time this team has had pressure, i feel that anyone from trousdale county football any year ever has pressure on them from the town. also, i would like to adress a coment i heard made... nopass said something to the tune of "plus the game is on the creekbank and you know how those comanders feel about the creekband"... i know that trousdale county feels about the bank the way any vol fan feels about knoxville, that just behing their makes it so much harder for the other team to win. and yes, it is a time proven fact that trousdales record at the bank is astounding... but to many people who haven't even heard of TC or the bank until this year.. it is not like that to them.... so trousdale, i understand how you feel about the bank, and you should. I am from friendship and someday hope to enjoy the success your program has, i just wanted to adress the fact that the current team and FC knows about the creekbank, and knows its record... but certainly not afraid of it. as i feel that no one should be, i respect the field, and i respect the feeling of the entire place, it is electric. but i don't think that the players we have here feel any different, we respect the field and the season you have, that behing said. good luck to both teams, i will be watching good or bad... go green!

fantastic post i agree with all points 100% best of luck to both squads :lol:

I think you had a great post FC fan. And I think that you have assessed the situation very accurately. However, I would like to note again about how hard the jackets play on the creekbank to defend their own field. Rumor has it that when TC played CPA in '99, CPA was undefeated and obviously more talented than Hartsville. Coach Pack, CPA's head coach at the time, was talking to Coach Satt during the week before the game. Basically it was rumored they started running thier mouths and Satt told Pack to remember that the game was on the creekbank. Pack responded by saying he was not scared of the dreaded "BANK". Satt said "You will be". After the game they talked at midfield. Satt asked Pack what he thought of the place. He said "There is something mysterious about this place. We were better than you and you know it. Still you play so hard. You act like we burned you house down". As I said, this conversation is rumors and there is no proof. Now maybe you are not intimidated by the creekbank, maybe it has lost a little of its spice in the last few years. But, as rule of thumb, the atmosphere is electric there and there truly is "something mysterious" about it. Hopefully you will leave knowing that

1). Your current team has never had this type of pressure in the playoffs. Playing in 3A no one expected you to compete and in reality you didn't other than 1 year. Now everyone expects a state Championship and anything less would be ...(gulp)... unthinkable!

2). I will not mention Clint getting booted again, sorry! It just sticks in my mind as being funny.

3). FC is young but I have not mentioned their younger teams on this thread. YOU DID, it must worry you for the future! IT SHOULD -- you got it coming! Better call uncle ronnie carter and get right on that public / private split thing being sped up!

4). Bring it! FC will be there and will play better this time! ;)

5). Heard Clint's been in Lebanon recently talking to Cumberland's President about taking over that program. Also heard that he asked if the NAIA could apply the 1.8 muliplier to everyone who challenges his team/program!

6). Amazing how MR. Jim Satterfield never shied away from playing the likes of Brentwood Academy, BGA, or anyone (privates included) who called for that matter. Guess he believed that he was good enough to outcoach the competiton. And he was correct most of the time --- HE WAS!!!!! That's why he is a legend in Tennessee football! :o

1). you cannot fathom how much pressure the players at TC r under 30 to 40 years worth of players and community that expect only the best(altough i think thats a lil unfair to them)

2)yeah it is always funny to watch clint throw his fits (one time he told us all he was there for was to wash uniforms, he throws the best ones @ practice, i bet i could draw the veins in his forehead from memory :D )

3)honestly i try not to invest much thought to the far off future( i may be dead by the time it gets here)also i apologize you havent mentioned that on this thread i confused you with someone else, sorry didnt mean to put words in your mouth(oh lord i hate it when im wrong)

4) i look forward to the game being alot closer this time(everybody loves a close one)

5) clints been talking with cumberland for years(but he's still in trousdale)

6) come on man can we have one thread where we don't talk about the 1.8 multiplier(yeah its probly not fair but i think yall give clint a lil to much credit concerning it)

7) Jim be was the man, i got to play one spring season under him as coach he died that summer i was at the funeral around 1 pm, we were on the field by 3 pm i think he would have been proud of that :D

Edited by snoball5278

1). you cannot fathom how much pressure the players at TC r under 30 to 40 years worth of players and community that expect only the best(altough i think thats a lil unfair to them)

2)yeah it is always funny to watch clint throw his fits (one time he told us all he was there for was to wash uniforms, he throws the best ones @ practice, i bet i could draw the veins in his forehead from memory :thumb: )

3)honestly i try not to invest much thought to the far off future( i may be dead by the time it gets here)also i apologize you havent mentioned that on this thread i confused you with someone else, sorry didnt mean to put words in your mouth(oh lord i hate it when im wrong)

4) i look forward to the game being alot closer this time(everybody loves a close one)

5) clints been talking with cumberland for years(but he's still in trousdale)

6) come on man can we have one thread where we don't talk about the 1.8 multiplier(yeah its probly not fair but i think yall give clint a lil to much credit concerning it)

7) Jim be was the man, i got to play one spring season under him as coach he died that summer i was at the funeral around 1 pm, we were on the field by 3 pm i think he would have been proud of that :P

Great post man yep I remember that day that Big Jim passed on I was a Jr. that year and your totaly right we were on the field at 3pm right after the funeral.

Good luck to both teams tonight I look for a great one!

Great post man yep I remember that day that Big Jim passed on I was a Jr. that year and your totaly right we were on the field at 3pm right after the funeral.

Yeah, I remember that day. Someone asked Coach Clint what he was going to do. He said he was going to do the only thing he knew how to, play football. Coach Satt would have liked it that way. I look forward to a good one tonight. Always hard to beat a team twice, a good one at that.

Yeah, I remember that day. Someone asked Coach Clint what he was going to do. He said he was going to do the only thing he knew how to, play football. Coach Satt would have liked it that way. I look forward to a good one tonight. Always hard to beat a team twice, a good one at that.

1). Swanson71 is from Red Boiling Springs.

2). The comment about your band affecting FC was made by a Smith Co. fan. We don't even remember you having a band. Was it the Nitty Gritty dirt band?

3). Both Smith Co. and RBS will be watching this Friday when FC and TC are playing!

4). As for your band, if they were competing they might get beat 91-0. You guys better stick to football and visiting parole officers. Both are things your teams seem to know all about!

5). Does our band have to apply the 1.8 muliplier like our football team? If so we might have to move up to 5A. :D

We'll see you on Friday! Don't be late! Christmas may come early this year!

You sure do talk alot of crap for someone who evidentally does know anything.... and Let me tell you something...... Come 7 o'clock your freakin' keyboard ain't got nothing to do with it...... so you need to step it up and quit talking smack before you get completely shut down!!!

You sure do talk alot of crap for someone who evidentally does know anything.... and Let me tell you something...... Come 7 o'clock your freakin' keyboard ain't got nothing to do with it...... so you need to step it up and quit talking smack before you get completely shut down!!!

...that's telling them, TC'06, 2 words for you though....PROOF READ....

1). Swanson71 is from Red Boiling Springs.

2). The comment about your band affecting FC was made by a Smith Co. fan. We don't even remember you having a band. Was it the Nitty Gritty dirt band?

3). Both Smith Co. and RBS will be watching this Friday when FC and TC are playing!

4). As for your band, if they were competing they might get beat 91-0. You guys better stick to football and visiting parole officers. Both are things your teams seem to know all about!

5). Does our band have to apply the 1.8 muliplier like our football team? If so we might have to move up to 5A. :thumb:

We'll see you on Friday! Don't be late! Christmas may come early this year!

It is obvious by your posts on this and other threads that you might want to consider prayer. You have bad mouthed a group of children you obviously know nothing about. I was under the impression this was a forum to discuss the game and yes talk a little trash about the teams but since you want to drag the band into a discussion about the outcome of the game I will be only to happy to oblige. Correct me if I am wrong you are obviously uncultured and have never been around a music program in your life. Since Friendship Christian School is supported by the Church of Christ which by its very doctrine does not allow the playing of musical insturmants in the church. I also know that a music program was started at FCs but have yet to see them field a marching band nor have I heard of them sending any students to school on music scholarships. I know for a fact that in the last 10 years more than 20 students have recieved scholarships three of them to the Pride of the Southland in Knoxville. So pay attention tonight and you will hear a group of mostly eighth and ninth grade students who have workd very hard since May of this year. No they do not strap on the leather like we footballers have with a few exceptions one of whom graduated last year and is on scholarship who marched in the band and played football but that does not mean you have the right to belittle those children or any others. Finally if you think the team does not get fired up by the band playing think again.