Riverdale @ Cookeville

Ok i havent read a single post on the other thread and i know there has been plenty of "talk" but there is not any on this one. And I definitly am a veteran in this whole coach T thing but haven't made a post in ages so now is the time.

From what i heard.... I heard there was a post that went something like this, "Riverdale wont be able to run the ball and when the cavs shut that down Scott Thomas will do ABSOLUTLY NOTHING".... hahah, just remember that HAHA, because Scotty WILL have the last laugh. Everyone still wants to question Scott Thomas. They say he hasnt proved his self. How hasnt he proved himself. Everyone says Scott isnt as good as his brother Dave. Dave was one of the best players to ever walk onto campus at 802 Warrior Dr. He won a state championship and was Mr. Football and one of the most versatile, athletic, game breaking players this state has ever seen. But as good as Dave was, Dave was 12-3 as a starting QB in his first season (his junior year). Scott is 12-0 and is gauranteed a better record his first season and this years team has no where near the amount of talent that the 03 and 04 teams had. So Cookeville keep tellin yourself Scott Thomas isnt any good, becuase i guarantee #3 will be there ready to play, i talked to him tonight and he is a very reserved and quiet guy but this kid is what i and the rest of the modern age teenagers like to call KRUNK for this game. And his family is in from NC to see him, so um, Scotty T its time to shine buddy.

ThATs what im talkikng about amn i got fired up and ready to play scott is a good QB and his best days are ahead of him and you are right he is a very quiet and reserve guy kinda the opposite of his older brother huh LOL he is a feirce competitor and loves to win you can see it when he plays basketball also i can not wait til friday night

GO WARRIORS

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yea Cookeville Basketball team will probably be rooting against their own football team. Becuase i know the basketball team respects Scott on the hardwood. And if i am correct i think Riverdale plays Cookeville in bball Fri. Dec, 2nd.....the day before the state championship game. Therefor Riverdale wont have Scott, Kit, or Tyler. For those of those basketball fans tomorrow night look for #2 Kit Hartsfiled (fullback, linebacker and starting PG) #3 Scott Thomas (qb, safety, and 2 guard in bball and one of the best players in the district) and #8 Tyler Lusk (TE and DE, and will be one of the best players off the bench this season).....So tomorrow night dont be suprised if you see some Cookeville players secretly pulling for Riverdale becuase i know they would love to have Hennigan, Stearman, and Wolf back.

ThATs what im talkikng about amn i got fired up and ready to play scott is a good QB and his best days are ahead of him and you are right he is a very quiet and reserve guy kinda the opposite of his older brother huh LOL he is a feirce competitor and loves to win you can see it when he plays basketball also i can not wait til friday night

GO WARRIORS

Oh yea man, rock on brother. I cant wait for the game. I'm actually riding with Tamela (his mom) and Dave will be back from Memphis tomorrow around 2 and we are all riding up there and are gettin there around 5. Believe me Scott is ready to go. I have NEVER heard him this fired up. I know Cookeville is a great team and they have all of our respect. I was even wondering if Riverdale might actually get beat, but after talking to Scott, there is no doubt who will be the victor tomorrow night. He is so pumped....haha and everyone get there before the game starts becuase well, yea just get there during warm-ups...I cant wait for the game. Oh yea Scott will do absolutely nothing but I guess he is so terrible that he got a letter from UCLA today but your right he isnt good. Tomorrow night is approaching quickly.

2Priceless where you at buddy, long time no talk, i miss ya man, i know you will be proud to see me on the boards again.

Oh yea Cookeville Basketball team will probably be rooting against their own football team. Becuase i know the basketball team respects Scott on the hardwood. And if i am correct i think Riverdale plays Cookeville in bball Fri. Dec, 2nd.....the day before the state championship game. Therefor Riverdale wont have Scott, Kit, or Tyler. For those of those basketball fans tomorrow night look for #2 Kit Hartsfiled (fullback, linebacker and starting PG) #3 Scott Thomas (qb, safety, and 2 guard in bball and one of the best players in the district) and #8 Tyler Lusk (TE and DE, and will be one of the best players off the bench this season).....So tomorrow night dont be suprised if you see some Cookeville players secretly pulling for Riverdale becuase i know they would love to have Hennigan, Stearman, and Wolf back.

Maybe it's just me...but everyone in the school (CHS) wants this state championship more than anything, and I don't think the basketball team will worry about them being gone for the first few weeks of the three month season if it means we will have a state championship in football. That's just my thought, but I'm not on the basketball team, so my opinion is useless. 19:46 until the BIG SHOW!!!

Maybe it's just me...but everyone in the school (CHS) wants this state championship more than anything, and I don't think the basketball team will worry about them being gone for the first few weeks of the three month season if it means we will have a state championship in football. That's just my thought, but I'm not on the basketball team, so my opinion is useless. 19:46 until the BIG SHOW!!!

I would say that you are probably right our basketball team is used to it however we do have the siegel game right after the championship game if we are fortunate enough to make it that far

Well, when I played at RHS, honestly every game was like a business trip. Sometimes I couldn't even tell you who we were playing, but just to execute, hit, and beat the team with the different jersey. So with that being said, and I know GR has not changed his ways, I think the guys see this as just another playoff game that they have to win. I know GR does not want the guys to get caught up in all the hype that we make it on this site, and they make in the newspaper. And once they win, may it be ugly or pretty, on to the next team.

And to the person who wishes a RHS player gets hurt, man stay away from all sports, cause that ain't even cool. I hope that every Cookeville player, coach, cheerleader, referee, announcer, bus driver, and fan is 100%, cause I don't want any excuses for when RHS pulls the "upset".

As a true Cav fan, I want to apologize right now for the poster that made the injury remark. That is not what football is about. I've had teams this season that have went after and tried to take some of my key players out of games, and it disgusts me that anyone would want to do or see this!

On a sour note from a personal level, I will not be able to make it in for the game this week. Even worse, should we make it to the state championship game God Willing, I won't be able to make it in for that one either. I have to have back surgery on the week of the championship game! ;)

To my beloved Cavaliers: Go out there and take it to the Warriors Friday night! We believe in you and always will! You've made everyone in town proud to be Cav fans this season! I hope this game is injury free and clean from both sides, players and fans alike.

Game Day!!!

Whatever happens tonight I want to congratulate both teams on a great season. Making it this far with a combined 23-1 record is quite an accomplishment.

Let's have fun tonight and hope we all get out of there with no injuries.

Go Warriors!!!

You just had to get on here and get my nerves rattled up already! Didn't you? I've been here at work tonight, trying not to get too nervous about the game, and here you go with a post about it being game day! Thanks alot, TDC! :D

Seriously, I have to agree with you. Both teams have proven that they deserve to be right where they are! I also hope that it turns out to be a great game with no injuries.

GO CAV'S!!! ;)

Edited by stlrcoach

unapproved website 5A playoff projections:

Brentwood (TN) at Ravenwood (Brentwood, TN), 7:00pm [projection: Ravenwood (Brentwood, TN) 19-17]

Riverdale (Murfreesboro, TN) at Cookeville (TN), 7:00pm [projection: Riverdale (Murfreesboro, TN) 27-22]

Farragut (TN) at Oak Ridge (TN), 7:00pm [projection: Oak Ridge (TN) 27-21]

Germantown (TN) at Ridgeway (Memphis, TN), 7:00pm [projection: Ridgeway (Memphis, TN) 24-19]

My projections:

A team from Brentwood will win tonight.

Riverdale 20, Cookeville 14

Spencer Gulmire will run for a lot of yards tonight.

A team from West Tennessee will make the semi-finals.

Go Warriors!!!

unapproved website 5A playoff projections:

Brentwood (TN) at Ravenwood (Brentwood, TN), 7:00pm [projection: Ravenwood (Brentwood, TN) 19-17]

Riverdale (Murfreesboro, TN) at Cookeville (TN), 7:00pm [projection: Riverdale (Murfreesboro, TN) 27-22]

Farragut (TN) at Oak Ridge (TN), 7:00pm [projection: Oak Ridge (TN) 27-21]

Germantown (TN) at Ridgeway (Memphis, TN), 7:00pm [projection: Ridgeway (Memphis, TN) 24-19]

My projections:

A team from Brentwood will win tonight.

Riverdale 20, Cookeville 14

Spencer Gulmire will run for a lot of yards tonight.

A team from West Tennessee will make the semi-finals.

Go Warriors!!!

Really going out on a limb there aren't we?!? ;)