Riverdale @ Cookeville

I wouldn't have ran my mouth, but several Cav fans were saying how they were going to win and I knew it just wasn't going to happen. Riverdale is too good. Cookeville had a good year. They just are not the best in the state. :lol:

You forgot 3 other great things that have come out of Sparta. THREE state championships.

Too bad you don't know how to play football as well as you play your mouth. We all thought that Cookeville could win. So did some of the Riverdale fans. They were saying that Riverdale had to be on their toes tonight, and not make mistakes. It turns out that they really didn't make many mistakes, and Cookeville was able to hang with them.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad you don't know how to play football as well as you play your mouth. We all thought that Cookeville could win. So did some of the Riverdale fans. They were saying that Riverdale had to be on their toes tonight, and not make mistakes. It turns out that they really didn't make many mistakes, and Cookeville was able to hang with them.

We don't get too bent out of shape about not having good football teams. This is a basketball town you know. :lol:

Previously On CAVTV:

after we show everyone who really is the best team in the state! GO CAVS!

- footballfan9926

COOKEVILLE'S GOING TO SHOCK THE WORLD FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!!! tyler wolf is goin to have 250yds. hennigan is goin to throw for 300 ad stearman and winnigham will recieve for 300 together sorry chuck and gaston miller will run for 78yrds. and the final score is cookeville on top 35- riverdousche- 7...... But gary rankin will resign this year cuz he wont be able to quit cryin after jerry joslin shows him what high school football in tennesse is all about you say fear the spear but we turnin it on you guys friday night you aint gettin one for the thumb we gettin it....

FEAR THE CAVALIER!!!!!

- tyler22

Cookeville will win this game!!! I'm not kidding. Cookeville is out for revenge from last years defeat This year Cookeville has a much stronger defense dominated by seniors and a potent. This team will exploit all the holes in Tennessee's beloved football god program. I'm telling you people, watch out for Cookeville. This team is for real and is underrated. This Friday the state of Tennessee will be introduced to football without Riverdale. Go Cavs. Cookeville 34-Riverdale 31.

- davis_j_cavs

here is my intelligence. i think rhs goes down in flames. i think hennigan goes 2 the air and stops the run game 4 rhs. i think the cookvile team comes out on top. i also think everybody from the boro is 4 the cavs.

cavs- 28

warriors- 17

- olandpats

If Riverdale wants to win this game they'll have to prove that they are better Cookeville cause now you going have another heavyweight hitting back and often GO CAVS!!!!!!!

- oldred63

The Warriors need to bring their spear and try to spike it at midfield at the beginning of this game and see what happens.

- disgustedfan

I would like to see some little indian try to stab their spear in the middle of "Jelly" Watson field. Not only will you be raped in front of your mommys & daddy's pregame by the fans, but I will can assure you will only hear the beautiful ringing of the Cavalier cannon booming in your ears for the entire game while they stick it to you on the field in the trenches!!! We've been the underdogs our entire life, this is the game where respect comes to COOKEVILLE!

My Pick CHS-21

RHS-17

- T_Fisk48_Cavs

I was in Cookeville on Saturday and beleave me they are planning on going to the next round. They gave RHS a good game last year and plan to give to finsih their season like the US Cav finished the Warriors of the past.IPB Image

- MasterBlaster 1

Cookeville 27 Riverdale 24

- SergeantOwl22

My opinon on the game is Cookeville will pass it all over Riverdale. I have watched Cookeville the last few years and i truly believe that Joslin has these boys ready to spring a so called upset (not in Cookevilles mind). But after Cookeville shuts down the run what will scott thomas do ABSOLUTLY NOTHING. I beleive Tyler Wolf will run over Riverdale and you know cookeville will be ready to put the football in the air. This will be the deciding factor that Cookeville will throw it all over riverdale. Arent Rdales CBs like 5'7" 5'10" 5'10" but all of Cookevilles WR are over 6'2". Can not wait till Friday what an awesome football game it will be.

CHS-35

RHS-21 One for the Thumb ends Friday

- hard_hitter

its your turn and i hope you really think you are too good to be beat...by the way throw the spear on the field and word has it that its getting broken over someones knee?? go cavs

- chs_alumni

*Remember this bud........WOLF kills

*I think i can speak for all of us cavs fans when i say that ive had just about all i can stand of the "this ones for the thumb" crap....WHEN the cavs win and When Miller gets held to 150 yds and is taken out due to injuries...........ill show you exactly what finger we will put that State ring on...........GO CAVS

- fatboy246

*Cookeville has done well with turnovers all year long. We RARELY turn the ball over, but we sure can make the other team turn it over. Miller better hold the ball with two hands on Friday because if he doesn't, he will turn the ball over 6 times by himself. As for passing....HA....you better stick to running the ball because our DB's are just waiting to intercept a ball.

That's going to be the winner for Cookeville....

*Speed kills....blah blah. LaVergne had "speed", WC had "speed", I frankly don't want to hear another word about speed.

*Assume what you want, but we all know what happens when you assume.

Cookeville - 24

Riverdale – 21

- Fuggly63

*cookeville might just be the better "TEAM" . If cookeville plays 100% then they will definantly win, sometimes it just comes down to which team has more "heart"

*i believe the cavs fans will be the 12th man and guide the cavs to a win for the ages. Hopefully the goal posts will be coming down in cookeville next friday night

*i would love to see Gaston miller stomp in the emblem on the 50 yard line, actually i would love to see how hard he would get popped on his first carry.

- cavsmaniac

*Riverdale may have put cookeville out of the past two years, but revenge is in the air. Its gonna come down to who wants it the most. cavs-28 Riverdale-21 GO CAVS!!!

* Im not sure how Riverdales linebackers are, but I believe that cookeville's experienced line will be able to take care of them

*Well, it's not gonna matter when Cookeville knocks off not only the #2 team but the #1 team. Sorry, ya'll are gonna have to wait another year for "one for the thumb"

*the ball is gonna be turned over to Cookeville on more than one occasion on friday night.

*We've worked harder this week than we ever have so expect to see the best Cookeville team you've ever seen.

Cavs-28

Riverdale-17

- cavfan4ever

Tune In Next Week To See How Well The Cavs Turned In Their Uniforms

Edited by Thesportsreporters

Why don't you go play in the street! At least we know how to get to the 3rd round. All you know how to do is get on hear and run your mouth about other teams that you don't even belong on the same field with! When your team loses, you make every excuse in the world why it happened. No excuses from us tonight, we got beat by a team that just played better than we did. Remember, the only good things that ever came out of Sparta are Highway 111 and Highway 42!

From what I hear, it was a great game tonight. Riverdale was just able to put together a great drive at the end. They never had more than a 7 point lead all night. Congrats to the Warriors on a great win! I thought we could do it, but you guys were just a little too strong at the end. :o

To my CAV's, great season guys! You gave Riverdale one heck of a time! Remember what I've said all along, no matter what happens on the field, we are all very proud of you! You seniors have given us a great ride for the past 3 years, and you put together the 2 best seasons in school history! Thanks from all of us!

Fuggs, thanks for the game updates tonight and all season for that matter. I really wanted to make it in for more games than I did, but my football and work schedules just wouldn't allow it. You made it a little easier to take not being there. And NO Matt cannot come live with you and play there. Maybe one day I'll be able to move back home, then we can talk about it! Love you man! :lol:

Once again stlr you show much class was hoping for a cookeville/or semi (just so us Owls could say we beat em both) :o you guys are a classy bunch and congrats on a great season look forward to playing you guys again.

Cookevile loses. B) I hate it when I'm right. Too bad SQUAD. You were wrong too Devilfanatic.

WARRIORS WIN!

We don't get too bent out of shape about not having good football teams. This is a basketball town you know. B)

Hey 85,SQUAD IS HERE! AIN'T SKEEERED! B) The CAVS were right there baby,Riverdale scored with 1:15 remaining to break the tie.Best high school football game I've ever seen regardless of the outcome. No you WEREN'T right.You said Wilson Central would beat the CAVS.YES YOU DID! "LOL"

Gutsy pick,picking Riverdale in this one. If you EVER get to watch the Sparta Warriors play in a game like this then you might BEGIN to understand what it's like.But that's not likely. It's funny you Sparta fans spent the WHOLE SEASON getting bent out of shape but now you're a "basketball town". B)

I'll be here...

THE SQUAD :)

Riverdale had 6 turnovers, Riverdale was down twice in the game, Riverdale got some awful spots against them, Riverdale was on the road, Riverdale played a pitiful game (in my eyes), But Riverdale won.

What are the Cookeville excuses?

No excuses from me. My boys just lost, end of story. They were the better team tonight, and put together a great drive at the end. What was it, 80 yards in 1 minute? That's a good team!

Hey 85,SQUAD IS HERE! AIN'T SKEEERED! B) The CAVS were right there baby,Riverdale scored with 1:15 remaining to break the tie.Best high school football game I've ever seen regardless of the outcome. No you WEREN'T right.You said Wilson Central would beat the CAVS.YES YOU DID! "LOL"

Gutsy pick,picking Riverdale in this one. If you EVER get to watch the Sparta Warriors play in a game like this then you might BEGIN to understand what it's like.But that's not likely. It's funny you Sparta fans spent the WHOLE SEASON getting bent out of shape but now you're a "basketball town". :)

I'll be here...

THE SQUAD B)

Let it go SQUAD! He's a product of the White County public school system! B)

Riverdale had 6 turnovers, Riverdale was down twice in the game, Riverdale got some awful spots against them, Riverdale was on the road, Riverdale played a pitiful game (in my eyes), But Riverdale won.

What are the Cookeville excuses?

NONE.

Riverdale played a "pitiful"game because they played the best team they've played since their last loss.

Awful spots? B) I don't think so.

No excuses baby,GREAT game!

THE SQUAD B)

Congrats to both teams on a well played game. The Cav defense just couldn't get it done at the end. Riverdale knows how to win and when the pressure is on they take it up to a different level.

But the Warriors are beatable this year. Last year they were unbeatable, but this year maybe someone will get them.

Congratulations to the Cav seniors-great bunch of kids who have played hard and demonstrated a lot of class for 3 years. A few of them will be playing on Saturday next year and a couple of them will probably be playing basketball in college. The last two years the Cav seniors have brought the program up to a greater place than has been seen in many many years. Next year, well we will have to wait and see-it could be rebuilding season.

Congrats to both teams on a well played game. The Cav defense just couldn't get it done at the end. Riverdale knows how to win and when the pressure is on they take it up to a different level.

But the Warriors are beatable this year. Last year they were unbeatable, but this year maybe someone will get them.

This has been said before, about them being beatable, how can you prove that they are beatable when they haven't been beat?

Because the season is not over yet. Last years team was unbeatable and was undefeated. Any team still playing is beatable. I know that's difficult for Riverdale faithful to swallow but your team is beatable and your coaches know it. If they are unbeatable then why waste time practicing this next week. See this is a perfect example so many dislike Riverdale-many of their fans are so cocky!

Edited by disgustedfan

Congratualtions Cavs on an outstanding season. It's been a pleasure watching you guys this year, you were the only team we could count on this year to go out and give it your all. I couldn't be more proud of how classy the players, coaches, and fans were though we lost. Cookeville fans don't give excuses , we lost and thats it. All i have to say to the sports reporters is that when Riverdale does finally lose and your feeling this hurt, your going to wish people weren't insulting your team. Fuggs, squad, stlrcoach, and many others i've had fun this season talking Cavalier football, hope you'll all be posting again next year. THANK YOU SENIORS.