Brandon Warren Ejected?!?!?!?!?!

krakatoa

I think Alcoa can get past Tyner but his and Rae's loss will be felt in the state game. Alcoa is gonna have to pound the ball like Maryville now.

Yea, but that gives the others a glimmer of hope. Stop the run and stop the team. If it makes them one sided, then i will have to say they are even with the others left in 2a. And Huntingdon might just stop that "run".

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you guys are acting like Warren is the only receiving threat they have. Kyrus Lanxter and Sommers are both excellent wide receivers. They will not have to become one dimensional offensively by any stretch. I would be careful about the trash talking. It will likely hurt them worse defensively since Sykes is already out. I saw the second penalty on TV and it looked kind of picky unless he said something. On the other hand though a player has to know that if he has already gotten one he cannot do anything to risk another one. Once you get on the officials bad side they could be looking at you more. I would hope the coaches would have let him know that. It seems BW has trouble keeping his emotions in check. I hate it happened.

I just saw the play on prep extra, if that spin gets a kid ejected, it's ridiculous. He spun it as he got up. That was not as flashy as it was made out to be. I understand a rule is a rule, but is that not excessive celebration. If it is so wrong, then why can #6 from Fulton dance and do whatever every play, but Warren can't spin a ball. It was not as bad as it was made out to be. I just hope his year isn't over for good.

I just saw the play on prep extra, if that spin gets a kid ejected, it's ridiculous. He spun it as he got up. That was not as flashy as it was made out to be. I understand a rule is a rule, but is that not excessive celebration. If it is so wrong, then why can #6 from Fulton dance and do whatever every play, but Warren can't spin a ball. It was not as bad as it was made out to be. I just hope his year isn't over for good.

It is because Brandon Warren is an All-American...if he so much waggles a finger all heck breaks lose. Yeah I watched it on Prep Xtra too and the call was overrated, the emotion he showed was that he was upset he got tackled.

The officiating in this game in general was horrible anyway. Even before that happened with Brandon. Sometimes you get a fair crew in to call these games and sometimes it seems all you see is flags all night. There were a few calls they didn't make on Loudon, that if Alcoa had done the same, they would have drawn flags for sure. I'm just saying the refs should be fair and unbaised, but if sure doesn't seem that way sometimes.

It may as well work out for the best to test the team on how they will play against Tyner and most likely Huntingdon without their #1 man. I think Kyrus and Sommers are big threats if they try to load the box with 8 or 9 guys to stop the run and Alcoa has many backs that can produce. I still think the call was messed up, but Alcoa should do well.

They may be deep. but that is Brandon and Rae, that is huge. I hope that he wasn't ejected for excessive celebration, if so it is a sad end to his career. He is a nice guy and he plays with emotion. Maybe he got too excited. It will be tough if they do lose him. I am guessing it can't be appealed since it is a judgement call right. Alcoa will be hurt without him, but they can still pull it off. I wasn't at the game so I will not comment on what happened or make assumptions. I don't know enough about it to have a clue as to what may happen next.

Sounds like a player who will fit right in at Florida State, which leads the nation in penalties most years. I saw Warren play last year against Huntingdon, and he is a tremendous talent BUT, he has to learn to play within the rules. The excessive celebration penalties have one big minus--the definition of "excessive" is subjective. They also have one big plus--to keep the athletes of this Me Generation from saying (by their actions), "Hey, look at me! Look at me!" while they are playing the team sport that requires the most teamwork and sacrifice--football. At our school this year, we lost a playoff game when one of our linemen got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty which nullified a play which took us into field goal range with 1:30 left in the game. This should never happen to a senior like our guy (and Warren). There should be nothing that can happen on the field for a player to get a legitimate unsportsmanlike conduct or personal foul penalty in a playoff game--even if the player is cursed, is kicked, or given any other kind of cheap shot. Wait until the game is over...thought before action...the team is more important than your getting kicked or hit late.

The question I have about Alcoa is not how much they are going to miss Warren, but why did they score 91 points against Gatlinburg-Pittman?

It is because Brandon Warren is an All-American...if he so much waggles a finger all heck breaks lose. Yeah I watched it on Prep Xtra too and the call was overrated, the emotion he showed was that he was upset he got tackled.

WHOA Nelly

you was not at the game so you did not see what the refs had warned him about. he had other things that could have been called but was not. like swinging at a defender after the pass was broken up. kicking at the QB while he was down on the ground. I did see the ref talk to him after one of these occured as if he was warning him so I guess he called there bluff and was fooled. so with that. I think Mr Warren deserves whatever he gets. if all is over at high school then so be it. the kid has to learn to control. as for the penalty , it is a rule and what he done was considered tauting which is an unsportsman like conduct penalty and it was his second. you think it was a BS call, well it is on film and on the news. are you asking because this kid is BW that the refs over look it. we got our buts handed to us in the fourth quarter and you do not hear us crying about the refs. I think it was a fair called game.

WHOA Nelly

you was not at the game so you did not see what the refs had warned him about. he had other things that could have been called but was not. like swinging at a defender after the pass was broken up. kicking at the QB while he was down on the ground. I did see the ref talk to him after one of these occured as if he was warning him so I guess he called there bluff and was fooled. so with that. I think Mr Warren deserves whatever he gets. if all is over at high school then so be it. the kid has to learn to control. as for the penalty , it is a rule and what he done was considered tauting which is an unsportsman like conduct penalty and it was his second. you think it was a BS call, well it is on film and on the news. are you asking because this kid is BW that the refs over look it. we got our buts handed to us in the fourth quarter and you do not hear us crying about the refs. I think it was a fair called game.

i totally i agree with you. i was fed up with him acting like a thug, like hes better than everyone else, he deserves what he gets, what goes aroung comes around. the game was fairly called and my team lost, but i still think the refs did an excellent job, my question is why celebrate like that when your team is up like they were, that was selfish of him to put him self above his team, now i guess he will pay for his actions. well i guess thats one less tremendous athlete we wont hafta worry about for basketball.

Edited by free4only1