Clinic Bowl

Verb58

Haven't worked all the details out in my head yet but......

What if in week 0 we play D-II 3-A Champ from previous year vs.

D-I 5-A champ to start the season.

Just like the Halls of Champions game I say let both teams claim a win for playing in the game.

There is no way the Stadium at Vandy wouldn't draw more than either title games.

Both divisons can put their money where their mouth is.

How can we improve on the idea and what do we do to get it started.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would the Green Wave start the season off with a beating? It could upset the confidence of the team by taking a beating off the bat. The Green Wave coaches wouldn't go for it. You might stand a better chance by taking on the 4th seed from 5A Region 6 from the previous year. It's too close to pick a winner at this time.

Edited by rapbwood

What's to say that Gallatin would be in it. I was just thinking about the NAJCC and the things that they could do wiht this game as a fund raiser. It would give the winner something to brag about as either the privates beat the publics or vice versa. Would be a great boost to either for the new season...The reason you can't have after the title games is TSSAA would not allow it and it would be 16 games in 1 season for High School kids. It's just a thought anyways.

What's to say that Gallatin would be in it. I was just thinking about the NAJCC and the things that they could do wiht this game as a fund raiser. It would give the winner something to brag about as either the privates beat the publics or vice versa. Would be a great boost to either for the new season...The reason you can't have after the title games is TSSAA would not allow it and it would be 16 games in 1 season for High School kids. It's just a thought anyways.

You don't actually believe that the "powers that be" in DI would sign up for that do you? Why do you think there is a DII to begin with?

:D:D:D

Haven't worked all the details out in my head yet but......

What if in week 0 we play D-II 3-A Champ from previous year vs.

D-I 5-A champ to start the season.

Just like the Halls of Champions game I say let both teams claim a win for playing in the game.

There is no way the Stadium at Vandy wouldn't draw more than either title games.

Both divisons can put their money where their mouth is.

How can we improve on the idea and what do we do to get it started.

Can the ideas get any dumber?

How about eight state champions in football? That's a much dumber idea.

I like the idea wave88 posed. It will never happen, for a variety of reasons, but it certainly would be a nice attendance draw if it could be pulled off.

Let me change what i said, it would be dumb to play the game on zero week of the next season. I'm sure the game would draw a crowd, but if your gonna play it it would have to be in the same season. :lol:

How about eight state champions in football? That's a much dumber idea.

I like the idea wave88 posed. It will never happen, for a variety of reasons, but it certainly would be a nice attendance draw if it could be pulled off.

It is a crazy idea..thinking outside the box...

I just believe that there are some publics who aren't afraid of competition. Some who can, have and would play the privates just to play a good team.

I never said it would go through it was just an idea. I know that the NJACC needs to get a fund-raiser since the TSSAA took all games away from them by moving the Title games to the Boro. I was just thinking along those lines for a GREAT cause.

Was not trying to get people upset by an idea.

It is a crazy idea..thinking outside the box...

I just believe that there are some publics who aren't afraid of competition. Some who can, have and would play the privates just to play a good team.

I never said it would go through it was just an idea. I know that the NJACC needs to get a fund-raiser since the TSSAA took all games away from them by moving the Title games to the Boro. I was just thinking along those lines for a GREAT cause.

Was not trying to get people upset by an idea.

Sorry, didn't mean for you to take it like that. I was just thinking it would be dumb to play the game on zero week of the next season, it would have to be played sometime during the same season.

Edited by DevilDL77