To the Buccaneers of Boyd-Buchanan

To the Seniors: I have spent a big part of the last four years (58 games, 14 scrimmages and who knows how many practices) watching these guys grow up. I am proud of every one of them and the kind of young men they have turned out to be. They have played side by side with my son and the sons of my friends and have gotten to play ball under the guidance of coaches who care about them not as a football player, but as a soul that belongs to the Creator. You have been blessed.

To the underclassmen: The shoes of a Buccaneer are large indeed. Nothing but hard work, heart and guts will fill them. I know you will rise to the challenge, just as those before you have. Carry yourself with joy, honor and class in all that you do. There are people all around you who have showed you how and I hope my boy (#7) has been a light to your path.

To the band, cheerleaders and fans: You are the greatest! 'Nuff said. I promised many of you that I wouldn't get all misty until the last baseball game and I almost made it!

To Coach T (.com) Thanks for this forum that allows us to encourage, root, fuss, brag about and discuss our teams successes and shortcomings. I hope you can keep it up for many years to come.

With that- on to the round ball that doesn't bounce as funny!

AS A SUPPORTER OF BBS FOOTBALL FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS i CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT THIS YEAR'S TEAM WAS THE GUTTIEST GROUP I HAVE EVER SEEN PLAY. THEY COMPETED LIKE THE CHAMPIONS THEY WERE AND FOR THAT THEY SHOULD BE COMMENDED. 58 GAMES IN 4 YEARS IS QUITE AN ACCOMPLISHMENT. THANKS SR'S!!!

As a retired (old) Boyd player. I want to say how much pride this group and the few classes before has brought to the alumni. When the program started back in 1977 we were everyones homecoming game. When we played it was only for the love of the game, we were rarely ever competitive. The Seniors of the class of 2005 will soon join our ranks. It is very important to stay involved in the program. I continue to see Drew Akins, Matt Peardon, Robert Coleman and Chris Payne and others show up for games regularly. This is very encouraging to the younger players who play harder to earn your respect.

The scene in the locker room after the game was very touching. I saw seniors sitting with their uniforms on, not wanting to take them off because for most it was the last time they would ever wear one. Every coach talked about their love and respect for this awsome group of young men. Every coach assured them that they would always be there for them. The senior players (very emotionally) talked of their love for each other and their coaches. They talked about how they had become men over the last few years and had learned many life lessons. They talked about having a bond that would last their life times. Which I can tell you from experience is true.

The Seniors are awsome football players, but they are even better young men. In 4 years they only lost one game on our field. WOW!!!! I appreciate Chase Cook for taking my son under his wing. Weston Perry is everything good that has ever been said about him and more. I think he played everything but line this year. Josh, Lindsey, Alan, Damian and JC, you guys were the work horses this year. (all the work and no glory) Lil Henry, your one of the most incredible athletes I've ever seen. I watched Joe Welch walking off the field and right before he took his last step off he stopped. He then began to cry because he realized it was the last time he would be on a field in uniform for the Bucs. It also made me cry.

For those who play it is so much more than a game. There are so many life lessons learned. You have brought great honor to yourself, your parents, the school and God. You will all go on to become leaders in something. I will repeat what Jeff Brown said to our middle school one year after losing the championship game. "On the day of judgement, God is not going to ask you what the score of that game was. The most important thing in your lives is your relationship to Jesus Christ".

thank you parents for saying all these things about us. As a senior myself i want to thank you for suppporting us through the bad and the good times. you really dont know how much it means to all of us to see yall always behind us and cheering for us week in and week out. yall all mean so much to us. we have learned so many of our life lessons from our coaches, fans, and fellow players. we just want yall to know how much we appreciate everything yall have ever done. i am grateful to go around and tell everyone that i am a boyd buchanan buccaneer and everything it stands for. i wish your sons all the best of luck in the comming years and i know for a fact that i and all the seniors will come back to many games and watch. as to your sons it is the greatest four years of your life enjoy it and cheerish it because it will be with you for the rest of your life. you will develop friendships that will stay with you for the rest of your life. thank you for all the great memeories and i hope we brought many to your life. love always #8. Thanks for all the great memories i love yall

I've loved watching these seniors the past 4 years. It has been amzing seeing these kids grow into men and go to three state champinship and get a ring out of one and loose 2 in overtime which made them even stronger. I love all these guys and i especially love these coaches they are the best i have ever been arounf in my life. I love Buccaneer football!!!! I will support you guys until the day i die, i will always have some buccaneer in me. You have overcome alot this year and you will be remembered for it good luck in the future seniors we love you and will never forget the class of 2005 who brought us up to 2A and got us to the quaterfinals the first year thats awsome.

GO BUCS!!!

Edited by footballrox