Trousdale @ Hampton - Mismatch?

Blacky Callahan

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm candygirls husband, I played football for Lunceford and also ran track for him. I graduated in 91 and was hamptons tailback. Lunceford is not one of the best coaches in the state. He's just a plain ol' coach, nothin' special. Hampton would have had a faily good team this year no matter who coached them. The players have a lot of heart, and the will to win will go a long way if you play as a team like Hampton has this year. I learned not to predict games anymore, but I hope it will be a good one. It is going to be really cold and that should go to Hamptons advantage. I know the farther you go west the teams get better in TN. Just my thoughts.

Well being a member of the 1996 Hampton Team. I think there is no doubt that Mike has made a tremendous difference in the team. In 96, we were hands down the best team in the state in 2-A, everybody knew that, even the middle tennessee folks. We lost to state champs, Knox Webb, after beating them to death all night. Everybody knew that J.C. lost that game for us, with some terrible play calling, throwing the ball all over the place, this years team understands their limits and are playing their game, win or lose. I think Mike Lunsford is a real big part of that. That is the way he has always coached, and I think he will continue. I for one can't wait till he takes over the head job for our Bulldogs. Should be something to see!

If you were the best team in the state, then you would have won state. Here you call yourself a preacher and now you are blaming someone for your failure. I'm glad I don't go to your church. People say I was one of the best tailbacks that Hampton has had, if I was I would have all the records, but I don't. I just played for the love of the game. I'ts not about you me or the coaches, It's all about the players. They are good and they seem to love the game. That's why I go see this team play week after week. Even if they were a loosing team I would still go see them play. They play with their hearts. I'm sure you played with your heart too. Give the players the credit, not the coaches. I'm not telling you my name because I don't want to glorify myself. If you know anything about Hampton football then you would already know who I am. Anyway, I'm not trying to start a fuss, just giving my thoughts. And Lunceford was a head coach at Cloudland my junoir and senoir year. I just don't believe in glorifying coaches. Look at the Tennessee Vols situation...the players just plain stink, not the coaching staff.

Let us all blame the "Devil" for the bad times...You need to read the book of Job.

One thing everyone needs to know is , A house divided cannot stand, The team unity by all the coaches and players is what has got us to this point.They all have the same goals and dreams, every Coach is going to make a bad call and every player is going to make a bad play. But if you get this far along, both have made alot more good ones than bad ones. Its all about execution and the desire to execute. Coaches can,t play and players can,t coach. Coaches always take the blame for the bad times and give credit to the players when they win. I think we have winners all the way around. Just my opinion ,NOW GET UR DUNNNNNNN

If you were the best team in the state, then you would have won state. Here you call yourself a preacher and now you are blaming someone for your failure. I'm glad I don't go to your church. People say I was one of the best tailbacks that Hampton has had, if I was I would have all the records, but I don't. I just played for the love of the game. I'ts not about you me or the coaches, It's all about the players. They are good and they seem to love the game. That's why I go see this team play week after week. Even if they were a loosing team I would still go see them play. They play with their hearts. I'm sure you played with your heart too. Give the players the credit, not the coaches. I'm not telling you my name because I don't want to glorify myself. If you know anything about Hampton football then you would already know who I am. Anyway, I'm not trying to start a fuss, just giving my thoughts. And Lunceford was a head coach at Cloudland my junoir and senoir year. I just don't believe in glorifying coaches. Look at the Tennessee Vols situation...the players just plain stink, not the coaching staff.

Let us all blame the "Devil" for the bad times...You need to read the book of Job.

Hey brother, at least I hope your my brother! In Christ!

I am not saying anything, I am simply repeating what I have heard about the coaching decisions that were made that night! By all the media outlets, those that were in attendance, and yes by the coaches themself. I agree, the players are the one that make the game, without qualitly athletes no coach can be a success. I am simply saying that Lunsford has helped this years team. He has helped the coaches and players remember that your gameplan does not need to be compromised, regardless of the circumstances.

Here's the scenario, we are down by 14 Friday night. Do you keep running Adam and Jon? Or do you start throwing the ball all over the place? What have we done all year, we keep running, trying to grind it out! That is the way Mike coaches.

I meant you no disrespect, and I hope their are no hard feelings.

This group of kids!! Top-Notch!! and I look forward to a hard fought game Friday night!

Edited by BulldogPreacher

No hard feelings BulldogPreacher. We all get caught up in this football thing especially when we have a great team. And yes Lunceford is a good coach, he did me wrong once and it still sticks with me sometimes. I know he was just trying to make what he thought was the right decision at the time. I was in a bad mood when I posted. Anyway, just thought I would apologize for the bad remarks.

You are yag. you dont know how good our team is and when we beat tc you bow to the almighty hampton bulldogs.

birchie

You are yag? :huh: ...............what tree family are you from there (birchie).........is that some sort of tree latin that we need to catch up on? :lol:...we`ll probably have to bow to em after 3rd quarter or rather, bow down to see em..........cuz they probly gonna be down on tha ground gasping for air&wondering if the coaches got the number of thet truck that runed over em! :D