Clinton vs. Powell

cdragonz123

IMO Powells best chance to win will be when they pound it down low to Smith and that other big fella. Smith will be virtually unstoppable in the post if he sets his mind to it. Certainly they will take the break if they have it. If they are effective in the post that will open up the perimieter for Hargis, Conner, etc... If Powell gets in an up and down game they will not be nearly as effective. Powell must control tempo to have ultimate success.

Congrats to the Panthers on a big District win.

Yea, Powell won in OT. One would think though that the top scorers of the game would have had more points since they played most all of the game and then some. And I have to argue for this "big fella." He's 6'7 and I don't think he's close to 300lbs. more along the lines of 260 and yea, fast for a guy of that size. Like Hansen, he didn't put a lot of points on the board, but they each played their role as team players which in the long run is going to make them winners with no doubts. Hansen's defense against one of the top notch senior guards in the state can't be overlooked. Just another example of the support that these teams has when others aren't "on" their game. BTW, isn't Smith going to play football in college?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dye didnt step up in the situation he was giving...normally dye thrives on those things...he takes it as it comes....and takes over the game...unfortunately he was 2/11 from 3 pt land and his penetration was shut down by 600 lbs of beasity in the lane. I really thought Connor was the X factor in the game...if he didnt have his 19 Powell would've been beat...he was clutch in the end from free throw land...Clinton's Student Section showed their toees as normal...way to go guys...they did a good job of being a pain in the a** to the Powell players and all other ontakers....Keep it up...Clinton's a tournament team err year... :ph34r:

And I have to argue for this "big fella." He's 6'7 and I don't think he's close to 300lbs. more along the lines of 260 and yea, fast for a guy of that size.

BTW, isn't Smith going to play football in college?

Argue all you want, but that doesn't make it fact. McGaha is a legit 6'7" and 284 pounds. He is being recruited as an offensive line prospect by the likes of UT, Bama, and Ohio State, among others.

Lee has verbally commited to sign a letter of intent to play football at Tennessee on Feb. 1.

Edited by HTV

Good game last night at Powell. first High schooll game i"ve seen in awhile. Seems to me that every team could use a Lee Smith, he really hurt clinton on the offensive glass. Some could of been called over the back. They seem to miss some calls both way. If Clinton had Smith they would be unstopable. Dont know much about clinton, but they do have some players. look like clinton was going to run away for a minute. They seem to be their own worst enemy. 5 turnovers in a row. #5 shot way to much and did'nt help them much defensivally,#3 seem to be the player. did'nt shot much but could'nt be stop going to the basket, made atleast 6-7 great passes to there only tall kid (don't know his number) and played great defense. even block Smith shot. Can he Dunk? #13 fast as lighting and never stop running. Hargis did a good job handling the ball most of the night, there was alot of speed running at him.

Conner was the difference. Hitting freethrows late in the game.Powell has good team.

clinton dose to. When will they met again?

Powell should match up with Halls pretty good...The question is can Halls match up with Powell.Powell is huge and Halls doesnt have much size at all and arent very deep.They had trouble with a small Karns team last night that had one of there starters out with an injury.Powell should have the advantage but no matter how good one of the teams are the rivalry always makes it a great game.Should be a close one.The key matchup will be Matt Hargis and Cameron Sharp.Two hard nose players going at it.Whoever wins this matchup will have a big advantage in winning this game.