Smyrna:WHAT POTENTIAL

ccjbasketball

:thumb: I believe the heights that Smyrna will reach depends on the broadness of Taylor Oliver`s shoulders.Taylor who I believe is a PLAYER OF THE YEAR CANIDATE has new responsibilites.She now has post to play with.That means getting the Six-footers involved and still be able to find her game in the mist of it.I`m sure she will do this because she is a great compeditor looking to answer any and every challenge.With Devin, Kim, Jasmine,Jessica,Emily,and Rekeda they have what it takes to play deep into Feb. and the early parts of March.Keep improving girls and Taylor don`t make yourself easily found.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:huh: I believe the heights that Smyrna will reach depends on the broadness of Taylor Oliver`s shoulders.Taylor who I believe is a PLAYER OF THE YEAR CANIDATE has new responsibilites.She now has post to play with.That means getting the Six-footers involved and still be able to find her game in the mist of it.I`m sure she will do this because she is a great compeditor looking to answer any and every challenge.With Devin, Kim, Jasmine,Jessica,Emily,and Rekeda they have what it takes to play deep into Feb. and the early parts of March.Keep improving girls and Taylor don`t make yourself easily found.

Tuesday December 6th, your place!

:thumb:

Smyrna's post play is very good. But so is Wilson Centrals ,etc. Out of the Top 10 teams in the state ,any one of them could beat the other on a given night. It will be an interesting season for sure. Shelbyville doesnt have the talent they have had in past years. STill a great team,but Other teams are equal or slightly better than them right now.

:D I believe the heights that Smyrna will reach depends on the broadness of Taylor Oliver`s shoulders.Taylor who I believe is a PLAYER OF THE YEAR CANIDATE has new responsibilites.She now has post to play with.That means getting the Six-footers involved and still be able to find her game in the mist of it.I`m sure she will do this because she is a great compeditor looking to answer any and every challenge.With Devin, Kim, Jasmine,Jessica,Emily,and Rekeda they have what it takes to play deep into Feb. and the early parts of March.Keep improving girls and Taylor don`t make yourself easily found. :thumb:

Wow - this thread is on here twice! You trying to make a point ccjbasketball? :huh:

Anyway, as before...Tuesday, December 6th - your place!

Go Lady Bears! B)

Shelbyville is down this year. They have very shaky guard play. It will take Coach Burkey some time to right the ship in the ville.

no injuries have kill them they got 2 gone for the year one out untill the new year there point has had problems with her foot and the girl that came from braircrest has injury trouble too thats a 3rd of the team that is hurt

no injuries have kill them they got 2 gone for the year one out untill the new year there point has had problems with her foot and the girl that came from braircrest has injury trouble too thats a 3rd of the team that is hurt

I apppreciate this post. Until Parents, players, coaches and anyone else in the system gets attuned to the fact that a lot of these injuries can be prevented or at least cut down, there will be a continued increase in injuries. Players are getting better, faster, and are tought skills which require a lot of strain on joints. The game has gotten more physical, in my opinion. maybe thats all right and maybe thats not. Training and physical conditioning has not kept up nor the equipment to help prevent injuries has not been emphasized enough. Someone should make a study of how much injuries have increased and the reason. I am afraid that it would find some things need to be changed or addressed and are not being addressed. It makes no difference if an athlete is well trained and spends three or four years achieving a high level of tallent and in the fourth year has an injury that ends their competitive career at a high level or keeps them from getting help on a schlorship. Sorry for the soap box.

Smyrna should be the favorite in 9-AAA this year.

Consider they have their "main" players back and MtJ and WC lost their key players.

Two victories over Shelbyville on Shelbyville's floor gets my attention FAST.

Early test for Smyrna will be MtJ week frow tonite at Smyrna.

I'm not sure if MtJ's inside game exists this year. Without Clark we're going to find out how good she made the girls around her last year.

If MtJ doesn't start playing defense Smyrna will kill them with their inside game.

I'm hoping the Lady Bears can make a game out of it but if I was a betting man I'd pick Smyrna by 8 pts.

Smyrna should be the favorite in 9-AAA this year.

Consider they have their "main" players back and MtJ and WC lost their key players.

Two victories over Shelbyville on Shelbyville's floor gets my attention FAST.

Early test for Smyrna will be MtJ week frow tonite at Smyrna.

I'm not sure if MtJ's inside game exists this year. Without Clark we're going to find out how good she made the girls around her last year.

If MtJ doesn't start playing defense Smyrna will kill them with their inside game.

I'm hoping the Lady Bears can make a game out of it but if I was a betting man I'd pick Smyrna by 8 pts.

Tough win for the Bears tonight over Harpeth Hall if you consider 24 points tough. K.C. off her game (12 points w/only 2 3-pointers) but in answer to the inside game Paige McFarlin had 18. Taylor Hall turns in another nice performance with 14 points off 4 3-pointers. Biq Q4 (22-8) from the Bears as strength of bench appeared to be too much for HH. HH has a nice perimeter game.

IMO I still need to see a bit from Smyrna other than 2 road wins against a decimated Shelbyville squad - I am betting Smyrna folks will agree. I'll go with the Lady Bears in single digits.

Go Lady Bears! :blink:

Tough win for the Bears tonight over <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=215&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Harpeth Hall</a> if you consider 24 points tough. K.C. off her game (12 points w/only 2 3-pointers) but in answer to the inside game Paige McFarlin had 18. Taylor Hall turns in another nice performance with 14 points off 4 3-pointers. Biq Q4 (22-8) from the Bears as strength of bench appeared to be too much for HH. HH has a nice perimeter game.

IMO I still need to see a bit from Smyrna other than 2 road wins against a decimated Shelbyville squad - I am betting Smyrna folks will agree. I'll go with the Lady Bears in single digits.

Go Lady Bears! B)

I was really glad to see McFarlin get into it last nite against HH. But lets consider this, HH is nowhere the team they were last year. They lost their top 3 players. And HH really showed me no physical presence under the basket. For the Lady Bears to be a force McFarlin is going to have to provide a inside game.

I really liked the way Bowman handled the point position when she was in the game. I know Frye doesn't like to run a up tempo game and Bowman does just that when she's in the game. Sharpe is a steady player and runs the offense the way he likes it. Taylor Hall is showing why she's in the starting line-up and Burroughs isn't far behind. These sophomores are going to be special. I hope your right on your pick of the Lady Bears BUT Smyrna is a tough place to win at. Last year with Clark we had a dog fight to beat them so I'm not as enthusiastic as you are. But I'll be there cheering them on. Go Lady Bears... B)