Who are the guys to accomplish this at your schools?

spydaman2405

well mr spydaman apparently u cant spell and spider-man aint real so he cant save u from getting your ankles broke.. but ummm listen i think runningwild wins this one b/c they dont keep up with how many times a guy gets crossed over because it doesnt when games or state titles soo please dont say anything about idiotic when you dont know about stat sheets or basketball period

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is all so hilarious... i can't believe the guy who even started this thread is calling other people idiotic... here's the thing about crossovers... the people who try it a lot and do occasionally "break somebody's ankles" tend to have way more turnovers than assists or even solid plays because it's not a good move... you put the ball in front of you where the defense can easily pick it off and it tends to be done by guards who aren't skilled enough to use a between the legs or around the back dribble in the first place. if a crossover is used correctly it has to be done out of the reach of the defender which means he is probably not going to get broke anyways. i think it is so funny that someone started a thread to brag about something a guy at his school has done "12 TIMES" in a year :thumb: ... probably has had that many turnovers in one game....

post something worth reading there... spidey :thumb:

i wouldnt say its a bad move. AI makes a livin off it. its deadly when u know when to cross. its all bout gettin the momentum of the defender goin one way and lightenin quick cross the opposite way. u do gotta get it low so the man doesnt pick ya. very few ppl know how to use it right.

personally, i agree with all of you. i dont put much value on breakin someone's ankles. but, if u say that it has no effect on the game, i disagree. ......would u say that the crowd has no effect on the game??? by breakin someone's ankles u get the crowd involved in the game, and hopefully, cheering for your team.

but, there is no need to listen to me....what do i know?

I can't believe I even read this post, much less replied to it but here it goes anyway. Properly used, the crossover isn't a bad move, but how many of these guys can finish it, Iverson included? How many times have you seen someone cross or whatever and then CLANK! You want minutes? Learn how to hit a jumper <_< , then see how much the crowd gets into it.

Silent your team must really S U C K if the get excited about a three pointer. WOW a THREE i've played at a rec center where a kid with one arm made some three's. Please go to a game where there is a kid with crazy handles and watch or listen when he crosses a kid. Please and then you would understand. Also the ER point is also putting up numbers! 15ppg to go with 7ast. Also I believe last year he was doing the same things and only averaged 3 to's a game. Crosses don't win games put they sure make the crowd stand up. Y'all say AI makes a livin' off crossin' have you ever heard of a white pg named Jason Williams with out a doubt he is in the league because he was killin folks with the cross.

O and whoever said I can't spell my name is a freakin' moroon. Have you ever seen AND1. SPYDA has the most hops of anybody, and so do I.

Silent your team must really S U C K if the get excited about a three pointer. WOW a THREE i've played at a rec center where a kid with one arm made some three's. Please go to a game where there is a kid with crazy handles and watch or listen when he crosses a kid. Please and then you would understand. Also the ER point is also putting up numbers! 15ppg to go with 7ast. Also I believe last year he was doing the same things and only averaged 3 to's a game. Crosses don't win games put they sure make the crowd stand up. Y'all say AI makes a livin' off crossin' have you ever heard of a white pg named Jason Williams with out a doubt he is in the league because he was killin folks with the cross.

O and whoever said I can't spell my name is a freakin' moroon. Have you ever seen AND1. SPYDA has the most hops of anybody, and so do I.

dude you are clueless, i know which team silent is talkin about and they dont stink...actually they are pretty stinkin good, and by the way the crowd cheers when someone hits s three at every gym i have ever been at...so know basketball before you talk about it...thanks

this is all so hilarious... i can't believe the guy who even started this thread is calling other people idiotic... here's the thing about crossovers... the people who try it a lot and do occasionally "break somebody's ankles" tend to have way more turnovers than assists or even solid plays because it's not a good move... you put the ball in front of you where the defense can easily pick it off and it tends to be done by guards who aren't skilled enough to use a between the legs or around the back dribble in the first place. if a crossover is used correctly it has to be done out of the reach of the defender which means he is probably not going to get broke anyways. i think it is so funny that someone started a thread to brag about something a guy at his school has done "12 TIMES" in a year :lol: ... probably has had that many turnovers in one game....

post something worth reading there... spidey :lol:

Good points!

I would also like to add that most people that are braking ankles with crossovers are technically doing so by "carrying" or "palming" the ball. Has that rule changed? I'm serious. Has the rule changed? You used to have to keep your hand on top of the ball when you dribbled or it was called "palming". Since Iverson hit the scene, things have changed. I have to admit, it is fun to watch sometimes, but it is an unfair advantage over those who are taught how to dribble with the rules in mind. You can do a lot more with the ball when you can change directions by basically catching the ball in mid air.