Warren Co. vs Siegle

FrOnTrOlLbRo_31

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen this Warren Co. team play vs. Lincoln Co. and I can tell you that they're not that good yet, although I like Coach (ryan) Smith. This team has put up some lofty offensive numbers against some sub-par opponents at best (Moore Co., Cannon Co., Dekalb Co.) Although (I didnt see it but heard they played pretty well against Smyrna and Coffee Co.....neither of which are Siegel). I have no idea where this team stacks up in District 7 yet, not until they play a few better opponents, so we'll just have to wait and see.

With that said, Martin did play some pretty good defense but is not really a threat to score at all. Weitzel is not district ready to play yet by any means. Still to soft, but a former WC post has began to work with him, so towards Feb. he could get a lot better heading into next year. I don't know about Wood. He's benefited with some size in those early games but I don't think his scoring will continue in district play. But we shall see...

My pick, Siegel humbles this team a little Fri. night with a win, but I think Coach Smith will help this team get better, and I look for bright things in future.

martin this martin that... dang..lets talk about tha team. its not a one man team he mean he has team mates like majors glenn wood curtis morris and other team mates.

haha, you are insane if you think adam wood is better than adcock. This guy has gotten better I'll give you that, but he didn't know what varsity ball smelled like a year ago. He didn't even play that much until this year, not even while he growing up. I mean if it's b/c he can dunk a ball, oh well, haha, dunking doesn't make you a good player. And as far as the point total, I can understand scoring that much playing crappy teams and when you get the ball NEVER looking to pass.

I'm not hating, I"m just saying.

I will add this. If Warren Co. is going to have a good team this year, they are going to have to depend on their best player to be willing to take games over: Brooks Majors. In the game I saw them play, he seemed he wanted to pass a lot and wasn't ready to take the game over like he can. If he starts doing that, then this team will have some success.

Guest dare_2_dream

I will add this. If Warren Co. is going to have a good team this year, they are going to have to depend on their best player to be willing to take games over: Brooks Majors. In the game I saw them play, he seemed he wanted to pass a lot and wasn't ready to take the game over like he can. If he starts doing that, then this team will have some success.

well tomorrow night, he will have to take over against Jimmy Oden...and thats not an easy thing to do if he makes his mind up...

yeah i agree with you there. I'm actually pretty good friends of Jimmy's dad and have kept with little Jimmy thru the years. He's doing pretty well for himself and he's def. one of the better players in the district. I'd put my money on Oden in this one, but I was just speaking about Majors for this year. WC will need him to be clutch.

Guest dare_2_dream

yeah i agree with you there. I'm actually pretty good friends of Jimmy's dad and have kept with little Jimmy thru the years. He's doing pretty well for himself and he's def. one of the better players in the district. I'd put my money on Oden in this one, but I was just speaking about Majors for this year. WC will need him to be clutch.

oh no doubt. brooks majors could help them out a lot but he cant try to do it all alone, he will need some help from somewhere.

I agree. Going up against an opponent the caliber of Siegel everyone has to step up from the best player to the towl waiver on the sidelines. One person is not going to carry you past teams in this district unless it is a guy that can make the jump straight to the NBA. Even last year everyone remembers that Adcock carried us and that he won the game by himself but it was Majors that iced the game with the Ft's at the end of the game, plus a post player is not going to score if the defense can sag off of shooters. Basketball like all sports is a team game and for each team to win they need a team effort. Dont get me wrong a strong performance from one play greatly increases your chances of winning but doesnt guarantee it.

Guest dare_2_dream

I agree. Going up against an opponent the caliber of Siegel everyone has to step up from the best player to the towl waiver on the sidelines. One person is not going to carry you past teams in this district unless it is a guy that can make the jump straight to the NBA. Even last year everyone remembers that Adcock carried us and that he won the game by himself but it was Majors that iced the game with the Ft's at the end of the game, plus a post player is not going to score if the defense can sag off of shooters. Basketball like all sports is a team game and for each team to win they need a team effort. Dont get me wrong a strong performance from one play greatly increases your chances of winning but doesnt guarantee it.

agreed. playing an opponent of lesser talent and having one player who can flat out ball will more often than not lead to a win. but when you play a team with 5 guys who can play at both ends of the floor, it takes more to win against them. if warren plays as a team, they can hang with siegel. if they dont, this one will get dirty quick.

33 minutes ago Post #63

Manager

Group: Guests

Member No.: 73,317

haha, you are insane if you think adam wood is better than adcock. This guy has gotten better I'll give you that, but he didn't know what varsity ball smelled like a year ago. He didn't even play that much until this year, not even while he growing up. I mean if it's b/c he can dunk a ball, oh well, haha, dunking doesn't make you a good player. And as far as the point total, I can understand scoring that much playing crappy teams and when you get the ball NEVER looking to pass.

I'm not hating, I"m just saying.

I'm not saying that adcock wasn't good and yes he did have almost have 30 when we played siegel

but wood has alot more talent than adcock

adcock relied on his size and strength

but well wood must have some strength in him if in pratice yesterday he got mad and jumped up and smacked the back board

and i saw a pic in shattered the back board we got a new one today

so

Stewie1 i've seen alot more wc basketball games than u have and i never said well adam can dunk he's better

wood can also shoot, drive, and play post

thats y i think adam is better not because he can dunk

Guest dare_2_dream

33 minutes ago Post #63

I'm not saying that adcock wasn't good and yes he did have almost have 30 when we played siegel

but wood has alot more talent than adcock

adcock relied on his size and strength

but well wood must have some strength in him if in pratice yesterday he got mad and jumped up and smacked the back board

and i saw a pic in shattered the back board we got a new one today

so

Stewie1 i've seen alot more wc basketball games than u have and i never said well adam can dunk he's better

wood can also shoot, drive, and play post

thats y i think adam is better not because he can dunk

so he smacked the backboard and shattered it? right...