Bolivar vs. Jacksonville Arlington Country Day..any predictions?

MentalTownBaller

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolivar Central takes on national powerhouse Jacksonville ACD on Saturday at the Marshall County hoopfest in Kentucky! ACD features 7'3 senior center Jason Bennet and PG Josue Soto who has signed to play for Florida State. They are ranked #10 preseason in the USA Today prep basketball poll. What are your predictions?

Boliver will beat them by 15 or more. The 7ft3 kid is no where as good as people think(To slow and weak). Wayne Chism should man handle him in the post and he is to slow to come out and guard Wayne off the dribble. "Yes Wayne Chism can put the ball on the floor well enough to get past Bennet". Mr. Kemp will exploit that matchup in the paint because he is the smartest point guard in the nation other than that kid headed to Georgia Tech in Atlanta. Don't forget about sophmore Jeremy Rhodes.

Edited by Meany

Bolivar loses 64-62. I think Wayne had 24 points and Kemp was right at 20. Willie hit a 3 with 10 seconds remaining to tie the game at 62. Jacksonville drove the length of the floor and scored with about 3-4 seconds remaining. At one point Bolivar was down by 17 in the 3rd period.

Oh come on - is this the same almighty Bolivar that has been touted as the greatest team ever??? Believe me we aren't shedding any tears for Bolivar. You know they are good, but maybe it is getting in their minds that they are just so great they don't deserve to be in the state with rest of us.... Now don't be going ballistic on me, but you got to admit once you get the big head you are primed for a down fall. Bolivar will be in the top bunch surely, but maybe not quite as dominate as everybody thinks or maybe should I say FEAR???

Bolivar loses 64-62. I think Wayne had 24 points and Kemp was right at 20. Willie hit a 3 with 10 seconds remaining to tie the game at 62. Jacksonville drove the length of the floor and scored with about 3-4 seconds remaining. At one point Bolivar was down by 17 in the 3rd period.

Edited by hackashaq

Bolivar was sluggish for most of the game but Willie Kemp

made a close down the stretch.

Oh come on - is this the same almighty Bolivar that has been touted as the greatest team ever??? Believe me we aren't shedding any tears for Bolivar. You know they are good, but maybe it is getting in their minds that they are just so great they don't deserve to be in the state with rest of us.... Now don't be going ballistic on me, but you got to admit once you get the big head you are primed for a down fall. Bolivar will be in the top bunch surely, but maybe not quite as dominate as everybody thinks or maybe should I say FEAR???

This has to be one of the most unintelligent posts I have ever seen. Clearly made to try to start something on here. I am not a Bolivar fan, just a fan of good high school basketball.

Just so you know, in the Hoopfest they try to match teams that will be close games. That is why they paired 2 teams, that both were watching the state tournaments last year, Lexington and Graves County. And then they paired teams that were state champions like Brentwood Academy and South Laurel, Bolivar and Arlington Country Day, Ridgeway and Glenbrook. And by the way Arlington Country Day is not just a state champion, but ranked in the top 10 nationally, last year and currently. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/basketball/super25.htm

Now last year, I went to watch and they matched Bolivar with a local team, Marshall County. Bolivar would've beat them by 50 if they didn't slow it down and play the 4 corner offense, and I still think Bolivar won by over 30. Against the same Marshall County team that split last season with the feared Graves County team. I honestly thought before this tournament that Bolivar would win in a close one, I was wrong. I thought Lexington and Union City should handle the teams they play easily. Not sure how those went yet though. By the way, Lexington is not underrated or overrated, they are just the number 3 team in their district according to most people who unbiasedly, and knowledgeably, rank the teams around here.