Oneida vs. Wartburg

youdontknowme

Is this going to be the game where the Lady Indians show what they can do or are they just gonna go through the motions?

I think this is going to be their coming out game that is going to set the tone for the rest of the season. Hopefully their defense will pick up and I believe their shooters will make the shots that have been so close to going in all year.

Oneida-68

Wartburg-52

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would beg to differ that they have been going through the motions. This team is still feeling each other out with the addition of Martin in the line-up. They are all good basketball players, they just have to play more and get used to the different personnel that Coach West has been utilizing. I'd say they are going to hit some rough patches here and there. Wartburg is again a dangerous team because Dallas gets his kids to stay in the framework of what he is trying to do. As long as they do that, they can sneak up and bite anybody. Oneida avoids the bite mark:

51-44

;) Kaz ;)

I would beg to differ that they have been going through the motions. This team is still feeling each other out with the addition of Martin in the line-up. They are all good basketball players, they just have to play more and get used to the different personnel that Coach West has been utilizing. I'd say they are going to hit some rough patches here and there. Wartburg is again a dangerous team because Dallas gets his kids to stay in the framework of what he is trying to do. As long as they do that, they can sneak up and bite anybody. Oneida avoids the bite mark:

51-44

;) Kaz :D

I was not saying that they have been going through the motions. That was just a question to see what other people thought. However, I do not believe that they have been playing up to their potential. Coming from a standpoint of knowing what they can do, I feel they just have not showed it yet.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want them to be peaktosooners ;) , but wouldn't it be great to be playing now like we finished last season.

Yes, it would. However, everyone doesn't always get to make their cake and eat it too! Logically, with new additions to a line-up(Martin), there has to be a learning curve for everyone involved. I believe she gives them the potential to be better than the product they had last year. Having said that, they still have to jell as a unit and that is going to take time. When it does occur though, watch out for the fireworks. All the parts of this team fit really well together, its only a matter of time before they run like a well-oiled machine. I'd expect your gonna like the product they put on the floor in Febuary and hopefully March.

:rolleyes: Kaz :lol:

It is good to be playing well in Febuary and March but just making it to the "Boro" is ok if that is your goal, but this team has goals of winning games while they are there. That is why I am hoping that they "gell" a little bit earlier than that so it will help them more in the long run. They have the potential and they have the players so it is time to start doing what everyone knows they can do.

Good luck tonight, play hard, and bring home another big district win.

Ah, hocky! If your on this earth, breathe the air, and play on the same team, you can be dang certain your loyalties lie with your compadre's! We researched this last year (and maybe the year before) and we discovered comments like that last one are like sandwich meat..........BALONEY! Let me be the first to say Fanatic10, that the Oneida Lady Indians are a unit. Last time I checked we didn't put city or county on the back of our jerseys. I know you just popped out of your hole recently, so do us all a favor and climb down in another one. Go girls, big district game. ;)

:thumb: Kaz :angry:

Kaz,

I think the Wartburg faithful are waiting to see how some things unfold before they say too much. The team is talented. However, they have some new girls, new roles, and it'll take some time before they're as good as they can be this year. Tonight is going to be a good test to see how far they need to go to get better. I'm not sure that they are looking at it as anything more. Plus there may be a little hangover from past encounters with the lady indians.