Richland gets win #3

jamieroper

Richland 40 West Limestone (Alabama) 39. Jasmine Duke is finally starting to get her legs under her. Matched up against Mississippi State signee, Campbell, Duke held her own, taking the game to the big girl. I believe Duke played the entire game. I did not keep stats, however, I will bet that Duke had as many points and rebounds as Campbell. Horn, Glidden, Bell, and Roper all took turns on Campbell at times. They all performed well. But the big talk tonight was Jasmine Duke. With the game tight at times in the 2nd half, Duke, Glidden, Bell, and Putman all made big baskets to help Richland keep the lead. West made a big 3 with little time left to pull within 3. A two point basket to end the game left West 1 point short. I look forward to getting West Limestone at Richland where maybe the calls will at least be equaled out. Glidden and Bell were in foul trouble most of the night with some very questionable calls. However both girls responded when the time was right. Putman needs to keep on shooting. Horn took a nice charge from Campbell in the paint. She got hit so hard her contacts popped out. Great coaching job. It appears that the coach did his homework and was very well prepared. Great job Richland, your shots did not fall tonight as well as I would have liked to have saw them fall, however, you won and played really hard. Keep working hard. GO RAIDERS. :thumb:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you not going to say anything about the richland-vs-lauderdale county and how kierra jones killed yall????

He already did ...11/26/05 I don't think LCHS would say they killed the Lady Raiders and NO way would they say that it was a easy win.

The Richland Raiders learned allot with today’s loss to Alabama Powerhouse Lauderdale County, 57 to 48. They learned they can beat the most intense press and they learned that they are young but not a pushover for all upcoming opponents. Facing perhaps the most intensive pressing team around, the Lady Raiders jumped out to a 23 to 21 halftime lead. After a quick start for Lauderdale County coming out of halftime, the Raiders fought back to trail 34 to 32 at the end of the third. They were then outscored 23 to 16 in the fourth for a final of 57 to 48. Late free throws by Lauderdale County made a close game end with a LCHS 9 point win. To LCHS’s credit, they must have shot 90% from the foul line. If the Raiders had rebounded a little better in the fourth, they would have had a chance to win. LCHS got 4 or 5 shots on several trips in the fourth. Soph. Glidden led the Raiders with 19 points while Soph. Bell had 14. Duke, Horn and Roper all contributed to the Raider's scoring with Freshman Duke having 7, Soph. Horn and Jr. Roper each having 4 each. Richland’s young guards and lone senior starter worked hard to beat the LCHS press which enabled the Raider’s to have a chance to win. But it was not meant to be. It appeared that we did not get a single call in the fourth; however, we all know how excuses usually are spoiled grapes. The missed lay-ups did not help either. In addition to showing that they had learned allot about the press in the preseason tournaments and in the loss to Summertown, I saw a little glimmer of the “fight for every ball” attitude that served them well last year on the way to a district title. Plus, few teams are going to have an athlete as good as LCHS’s Young. She would start on most boys’ teams. I do not think there is such a thing as a moral victory in a loss, however, if there were one, this would be it. The teamwork started to show today. Keep working hard and support your teammates and you will be there when it counts. It is going to be exciting to see just how good this extremely young team can get by February. That is if they work together and support each other. If your teammate makes a mistake, pick them up. Everyone is going to make them. I also saw some leadership starting to show. GO RAIDERS.

Wow three wins isnt that some kind of record?LOL <_<

I hope that HHS does not stand for Huntland? You already have one coming. And basketballa2008, you probably got kiara jones because Kiara's cousin that plays for hazlewood has that last name of Jones. She is in, I believe, 8th grade or maybe 9th and is great. She started as a 7th grader on the varsity. As far as Kiara Young is concerned, her and her family are good friends and I wish her all the best. We did well against them. And we got some good experience in the mean time. That is what playing bigger schools will get you. GO RAIDERS.

Edited by jamieroper

richland didnt look to impressive against culleoka last night :thumb:

Did they need to??? didn't see the game but heard the scores on the radio. Sounds like a complete mess out of Richland was 20 points better than Culley's best game. 2 players out of Richland scored more than your whole team on their good day. so.... your not impressed., oops.

Did they need to??? didn't see the game but heard the scores on the radio. Sounds like a complete mess out of Richland was 20 points better than Culley's best game. 2 players out of Richland scored more than your whole team on their good day. so.... your not impressed., oops.

haha by no means did i say our girls were any good...but your high and mighty richland girls were tied with culleoka through three quarters..if anyone of our girls were in any kind of shape the game would have went all the way through..its apparent you werent at the game or you would have understood...dont get mad at me though im just statin the obvious

haha by no means did i say our girls were any good...but your high and mighty richland girls were tied with culleoka through three quarters..if anyone of our girls were in any kind of shape the game would have went all the way through..its apparent you werent at the game or you would have understood...dont get mad at me though im just statin the obvious

I'm not mad they are not MY girls. I keep up with this district . And I know two things 1. the Richland girls usually do well in district And it looks like they have a decent start this year. And it seems they do slack off or power up to the level of their opponents AND that fact has bitten them more than once. They are very very young only 1 senior and the rest are sophmores and freshmen with any playing time and that tells me that for the next few years they should get better and better, the use of terms like " high and mighty" are unnecessary when you are addressing 14 and 15 year old girls

2. A win is a win 1 point or 100 you lost they won and that is just "statin the obvious"

First, culleoka, do not refer to your girls as not being "any good". They may not be the best right now at basketball, but it appears they have their strengths too. Volleyball appears to be strong there. And they shot the crap out of 3 pointers last night. I mean some of them were 5 feet beyond NBA range. Good post scoreandstats. I am going to post the stats I took down on another post. And yes, a bad night and a 20-point win, I will take that over Oreo cookies any day. And it appeared to me that the culleoka girls played hard and with class. Their fans appeared to be really behind them too. Keep supporting them and they will continue to get better and better. Good thing Richland's Glidden decided to score a new personal high of 28 last night. Duke at 14 and Bell had 11. In case you did not know, that is 2 sophomores and a freshman. CONGRATS RICHLAND LADY RAIDERS.

Edited by jamieroper