Region 6-5A 2006

ambiguousrock

well, bullock looked okay at qb vs. IHS. he had receivers dropping passes left and right, but he could throw them. coger didn't play in the game but all i had seen of him left me unimpressed.

but still, it takes more than just one. josh mcmurray would score 5 TDs for page and rush for 350 yards in some games that they would lose.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COLUMBIA has weapons and will be a force this year in 6-5a trust me. yall dont know what they have returning and what they have coming up just wait till the season and c what happens. :justwrestle:

Were you not one of the ones telling us that Columbia would make the playoffs this year? How'd that go for you?

Defenses are becoming more and more disciplined in Tennessee, and being one dimensional will no longer get it done in 5A's toughest region.

. . . and unfortunately Mr. Columbia Central, you don't know who's coming back and who's coming up for the other teams in the region.

You came into the Big Boy ranks coming off a playoff run in 4A - and got pulverized in Region play. Based on last year, just who are you knocking out of the playoffs this time out? Three of the four teams you have to topple played in the BCBS bowl recently - with two of them state champions!

Right now you and Northeast look to be fighting to stay out of the basement.

Do the math.

Until you beat somebody - anybody - you won't make the playoffs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

COLUMBIA has weapons and will be a force this year in 6-5a trust me. yall dont know what they have returning and what they have coming up just wait till the season and c what happens. :lol:

yea earlier in this thread we have established the fact that CC does have talent... Ravenwood wasnt the most talented team in the state but they were extremely disicplined and well coached. CC's coaches should either step it up or get consider coaching at a lower division if that team wants to get into the playoffs.

Let me share a Ravenwood thought.....underclassmen played in every position in nearly every game....the new QB did play in every game on defense and several games at QB....new TB ran the ball in every game but the last one...the only two positions open are a DE & a Guard.....lots of big game experience......and I understand that about a dozen kids from Southern Cal have expressed interest in being Raptors....we don't know what positions they play yet...if this team clicks next year....I think they'll be fun to watch

I would just like to say that everyone in region 6 5a has a graduating class losing solid players INCLUDING ravenwood, but the only team that is not losing talent is independence they have nothing to lose and every thing to gain and i think they will be a force to be reckoned with this year in 5a football.

COLUMBIA has weapons and will be a force this year in 6-5a trust me. yall dont know what they have returning and what they have coming up just wait till the season and c what happens. :thumb:

i saw the columbia central indy game and the seniors they had and upcoming seniors showed me no threat. i think that it will take several more years before cc will be a top contender in the 5a standings.

I think as good as TC Jennings is, and he is veerry good, this theme that "it was all TC", and "if it wasn't for TC......" is overdone and an insult to a TEAM that FLAT GOT IT DONE, from the Coach to the third string. Ravenwood often controlled the line of scrimmage, played great at LB, and was obviously well coached. Teams like that don't fall down too far in one year.

I think ravenwood deserved what they got this year, but i think they need to wake up and realize that next year will not be like this year was reguardless of how well coached they were. but i do expect to see them in the playoffs but wont make it passed the second round i enjoyed watching and plying against them this year.

I think as good as TC Jennings is, and he is veerry good, this theme that "it was all TC", and "if it wasn't for TC......" is overdone and an insult to a TEAM that FLAT GOT IT DONE, from the Coach to the third string. Ravenwood often controlled the line of scrimmage, played great at LB, and was obviously well coached. Teams like that don't fall down too far in one year.

Great coaching doesnt apply when you have a natural qb like tc jennings. like it or not tc accounted for alot of wins for the raptors and daniel becker as well due to his outstanding abilities at the linebacker position im am intrested to see how ravenwood adjusts to these key players missing. i dont see them to have the same success as last year, but i do expect them to do well.

Certainly....Ford (4) started a DB..second on team in interceptions, Presley (10) started at bandit, Cleckner (11) started a LB...all region, Ayres (16) started some at WR KR ran back a couple of kicks to TDs....Williams (87) started at DE lead team in sacks, Becker (5) started at SS enough said..sophmore, Lopez (8) kicker all region last year beat Franklin in playoffs...sophmore, Emkes (42) started some at WR great hands..lead team for 1st down catches, Snoeyenbos (60) started RT lead team in pancakes...graded out highest OL, Thompson (68) LT..enough said, Laidlaw (23) 3rd leading rusher...great speed..good hands...

The Raptors are in pretty good hands next year...if they click!

Sure all these players are great returns for the raptors but great players arent great players without a leader on the field which tc and becker did on both sides of the ball. im interested to see who stepps up and takes that leadership roll.