Van Buren Co vs Marion Co

Coach_B

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

w.t.f. what do you mean class we even slowed down and played everyone even the freshmen got a lot of playing time its not our fault you cant keep up even when we slowed down if we hadnt i honestly belive we could have won by 100+ :P

When did you slow down? You were running a full court press through the entire third quarter. Doesn't sound like slowing down to me. Like I said, that's the kind of crap that comes back to haunt you and some day, some where, you'll get what you deserve.

I don't blame the players because they were doing what they were supposed to do. But the coach is one classless human being. He could have called the dogs off at half time, but he chose to keep adding insult to injury by pressuring the ball full court. What purpose did the full court press serve when you were up by 30? None! If you know that you can dominate a team like that, drop back into a 2-3 zone and let them play. If they get hot and start cutting the lead close, then you go back to the pressure defense. That is just simple coaching etiquette. Something they obviously don't have at Spencer.

When did you slow down? You were running a full court press through the entire third quarter. Doesn't sound like slowing down to me. Like I said, that's the kind of crap that comes back to haunt you and some day, some where, you'll get what you deserve.

I don't blame the players because they were doing what they were supposed to do. But the coach is one classless human being. He could have called the dogs off at half time, but he chose to keep adding insult to injury by pressuring the ball full court. What purpose did the full court press serve when you were up by 30? None! If you know that you can dominate a team like that, drop back into a 2-3 zone and let them play. If they get hot and start cutting the lead close, then you go back to the pressure defense. That is just simple coaching etiquette. Something they obviously don't have at Spencer.

Don't judge vb by their worst figure. The boys coach played it like he should and ain't like the girls coach "bam bam" and have anything to prove by killin a team. and if you think that running that press all night is gettin u ready for forest than your wrong, cause that little press that ya run want work against a good team like forrest no offense to marion. so what were you trying to prove binkley aka bam bam

Congratulations to VB girls for the victory. It was obvious they came ready to play ball.

As for the coaching. It takes a very classless coach to be running a full court press with a 30+ point lead in the third quarter. It was obvious to everyone in the building that you had the better team. There was no way Marion was going to come back to beat you. There was absolutely no reason to run the press for the entire third quarter. Crap like that will eventually come back to haunt you. It's one thing to be a good coach and win with class. It's another to be the coach of a very good team and be a jerk about it. The coach from VB is the latter.

I agree what were you trying to prove? you should have done had your 3rd string in by the second quarter. and if not put some of them in the the starters to help improve your bench. you ain't got to kill a team to prove that your better than a team.

Let's get something straight. Our girls coach is not classless and not a jerk. That is the only time he has ever done anything like that and yes, there was reason. One of Marion's coaches come up before the game and told him that they "would try to not run the score up" on his eaglettes. That is the kind of thing that will come back to haunt you and it did for marion immediately. So for anyone else to think this was representative of what both of our programs do is unrealistic. Marion's coach brought what happened on them so... I would expect a team to do the same thing in that situation if a coach says something so arrogant before a game.

Don't judge vb by their worst figure. The boys coach played it like he should and ain't like the girls coach "bam bam" and have anything to prove by killin a team. and if you think that running that press all night is gettin u ready for forest than your wrong, cause that little press that ya run want work against a good team like forrest no offense to marion. so what were you trying to prove binkley aka bam bam

Now to get-r-done and moose and these others that are all of sudden big time posters on these VB boards and using it in a manner that is uncalled for. If you can't be respectful to the other teams and your own for that manner then you need to just not post because you are not representing our true fans. You are making everyone from the mountain look bad. I apologize to everyone who reads these boards for the immaturity shown by some.

Hey about five people use this screem name. And for one of the five that talked about there on coach's is a real idiot . I talked to the coach personally and he was just practicing the press. And the other coach should not have said we would run the score up to high that when you are askin for it.

well i always thought games were for playing and practices were for practicing. so i guess we can get rid of after school practices cause we don't need them. but your gonna need more than practice for that press to work as easy as at marion cause forrest wan just throw it to u

Hey about five people use this screem name. And for one of the five that talked about there on coach's is a real idiot . I talked to the coach personally and he was just practicing the press. And the other coach should not have said we would run the score up to high that when you are askin for it.

well i always thought games were for playing and practices were for practicing. so i guess we can get rid of after school practices cause we don't need them. but your gonna need more than practice for that press to work as easy as at marion cause forrest wan just throw it to u

Look dude you are not fooling anyone... you just joined 33 minutes ago... probably because you are the idiot who posted those things as get-r-done and then realized that the others who used the name were not that happy about it... so you thought that you would get slick and get another name...just stop posting! You are the person without any class.

Congratulations to VB girls for the victory. It was obvious they came ready to play ball.

As for the coaching. It takes a very classless coach to be running a full court press with a 30+ point lead in the third quarter. It was obvious to everyone in the building that you had the better team. There was no way Marion was going to come back to beat you. There was absolutely no reason to run the press for the entire third quarter. Crap like that will eventually come back to haunt you. It's one thing to be a good coach and win with class. It's another to be the coach of a very good team and be a jerk about it. The coach from VB is the latter.

Was he pressing in the 3rd quarter with his first team or his third team. If his second or third team is the one playing, what difference does it make if he is pressing. No one wants to be a jerk, but shouldn't your bench get the opportunity to play in the game the same way they practice. Should you tell your team, go in there and try not to score anymore so that we don't hurt anyone's feelings. No, you tell your subs to play the way they have been taught to play. If that means running the press to give them experience in game situations, then that is what you do. It is not disrespecting, being classless, or being a jerk, it is being a coach. I hate it that the score was so lopsided, believe me, Van Buren has been on the other end of those types of scores. The secret is to blame yourself for not playing hard enough to stop them, not blame the other coach for encouraging ALL of his players to play hard. The Van Buren coach was subbing from the second quarter on. As long as the starters are sitting, what else should a coach do? :huh:

Let's get something straight. Our girls coach is not classless and not a jerk. That is the only time he has ever done anything like that and yes, there was reason. One of Marion's coaches come up before the game and told him that they "would try to not run the score up" on his eaglettes. That is the kind of thing that will come back to haunt you and it did for marion immediately. So for anyone else to think this was representative of what both of our programs do is unrealistic. Marion's coach brought what happened on them so... I would expect a team to do the same thing in that situation if a coach says something so arrogant before a game.

Now to get-r-done and moose and these others that are all of sudden big time posters on these VB boards and using it in a manner that is uncalled for. If you can't be respectful to the other teams and your own for that manner then you need to just not post because you are not representing our true fans. You are making everyone from the mountain look bad. I apologize to everyone who reads these boards for the immaturity shown by some.

How was get-r-done making the people from the mountain look any worse than what there so called coach did. Students and players are always told that anytime they go anywhere they are representing their school, so act good and play smart. How is pressing a team with your starters the whole game representing your school in a good way. What is this proving, that your great against a really bad team? So before you start griping on the other people on here, maybe you should give the "your represting your school speech" to the coaches and everyone around.

Just to clarify this is not Coach Binkley's name. I don't think he even posts on the website. But I do not see anything wrong with pressing in the 3rd quarter. When I was in school I played under a coach that wouldn't sub until the other team brought in their subs. I'm suprised at the amount of fussing over what happened in the 3rd quarter. There comes a point where its time to worry about your own team & not complain about others such as other coaches & or officials.

Was he pressing in the 3rd quarter with his first team or his third team. If his second or third team is the one playing, what difference does it make if he is pressing. No one wants to be a jerk, but shouldn't your bench get the opportunity to play in the game the same way they practice. Should you tell your team, go in there and try not to score anymore so that we don't hurt anyone's feelings. No, you tell your subs to play the way they have been taught to play. If that means running the press to give them experience in game situations, then that is what you do. It is not disrespecting, being classless, or being a jerk, it is being a coach. I hate it that the score was so lopsided, believe me, Van Buren has been on the other end of those types of scores. The secret is to blame yourself for not playing hard enough to stop them, not blame the other coach for encouraging ALL of his players to play hard. The Van Buren coach was subbing from the second quarter on. As long as the starters are sitting, what else should a coach do? :huh:

Your true in some cases but its not like thats the only defence that you have. You could drop back and work on other ones to help you with game situations. Cause how many teams do you think that press is gonna stop. so when you do come up on that good team that does lay-ups on your press then ya will probably be the ones whos down by that much cause you don't work on anything else. And then after you drop back and everything and they still turn over the ball then who cares. And by the way putting one or two bench players in with the 3 best starters don't mean that your letting them play cause i know for a fact that, that just means that the 3 that started try to shoot and make more points cause they think they have to make up for the other 2 not out there.