Harpeth hosts Sycamore

harpethindianfan

Sounds like you've got your facts all mixed up. Nikki Ellis? No, but good try. And last years' squad was better. No question. I watched with enthusiasm, and now I watch with disappointment. HHS could be sooo much better.

Also, I heard about her little sister, and I think the reasons she didn't make the team were inappropriate and wrong. Sycamore's got a lucky catch.

Sycamore may not beat HHS this year, but next year... cutting lil' Ellis will have been a major mistake. Quit writing things you aren't sure about. And "grow up"? Please, don't be a hipocrit. "Sounds like jealousy to me"? Obviously you're still in high school.

Sycamore wont beat harpeth next year either. Believe me you just need to worry about your little sister and sycamore trying to stay in the hunt. And the same thing goes for you about Quit writing things you arent sure about. And you need to grow up to I mean you have already graduated just because you graduated last year doesnt mean you get rag on high schoolers who have more class than you do. Thanks for caring though. Oh and I watch with a lot more enthusiasm than last year anyways mendenhall is more of a playmaker than ellis or anybody else in the past couple of years of this district.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree. Mendenhall is a much better playmaker than Ellis ever was. I do agree that allstar23 is indeed Ellis. Nice try on covering it up Nikki. I would put all I had on Harpeth to take Sycamore and Cheatham by 15+ the next time they meet. Sycamore is talented but way overrated. They obviously are not going to be 1st or 2nd in the district. And yes Shawna Ellis will be a good player but with her problems with inuries to her right arm in the past I wouldnt be suprised if she doesnt sit out alot of her high school career due to injuries. Anyway, grow up Nikki...I am oout of high school too and obviously know a little more about the situation. Many of the players told me that Shawna had a horrible attitude during tryouts and walked around loafing. Maybe thats why she was cut? Quit talking crap you dont know about yourself and do everybody a favor.

I completely agree. Mendenhall is a much better playmaker than Ellis ever was. I do agree that allstar23 is indeed Ellis. Nice try on covering it up Nikki. I would put all I had on Harpeth to take Sycamore and Cheatham by 15+ the next time they meet. Sycamore is talented but way overrated. They obviously are not going to be 1st or 2nd in the district. And yes Shawna Ellis will be a good player but with her problems with inuries to her right arm in the past I wouldnt be suprised if she doesnt sit out alot of her high school career due to injuries. Anyway, grow up Nikki...I am oout of high school too and obviously know a little more about the situation. Many of the players told me that Shawna had a horrible attitude during tryouts and walked around loafing. Maybe thats why she was cut? Quit talking crap you dont know about yourself and do everybody a favor.

To address Shawna not playing alot of her high school career: That injury was in the fifth grade and if you cant count that was 4 years ago. She had a bad attitude because of frustration. As far as loafing-- I don't think so. She had nothing to do with any of these posts. If, and I'm sure you saw, the JV game she had no attitude what so ever. After the varsity game she hugged DJ. She has a great big heart, that was something I could never do.

As far as coaching, you have to judge for yourself. Nikki played on two teams that went to sub-state. The last time, he made very few substitutions. He had LM,who got all district tourny, played very little in region, and 0 minutes in sub-state. Also, four more seniors on the bench who were very capable. You make your own decisions.

As far as Nikki, I don't think she ever got the recognition she deserved. Mendenhall was there last year too, and is a great player. Along with the rest of the HHS team.

I think we all need to respect any player that puts on a uniform for any team.

i wouldn't talk. Mendenhall has been a one man team since the fourth grade. i saw

her play, and she did it herself. Now since she actually has players that are "good"

surrounding her she doesn't know what to do. Ellis was a very good player as well and i enjoyed watching her play, i still do. if you don't know much about certain people i wouldn't be talking crap about them

Besides allstar23 isn't nikki you bone heads

Shawna is an awesome player, she is now a post when she used to be a gaurd, could you have made that change as well as she, i don't think so.

Shawna surprises me sometimes because she gets mad at her self for screwing up but then still plays well, and i've seen her play through pain so that injury won't be a problem unless E.D. realizes it bothers her(which it doesn't)

So you need to address the fact that most of you don't know what you're talking about because you don't even know these people

so take your foot out of your mouth and do a little research before you post something on the internet that you don't know for sure

Harpeth won by fifteen i think on the opening tip off newcheeseburger literally pushed mitchell out of the circle to get the jump ball. Richardson, Mendenhall, and Ensminger all owned tonight richardson had eighteen mendenhall had fifteen and ensminger had fourteen i think like i said before harpeth wont lose a district game and I stick by that. I said sycamore didnt have a chance and they didnt you think because cheatham played harpeth close means they are just as good NO. Ever heard of a slow game that is what that game was. NExt time the play wont be within ten. You can quote me on that.

Haha :rolleyes: Newcheeseburger? Thats cute...

My name has been butchered in the past but this one is the lamest by far. It's Neuenschwander and I'm proud of my last name. As for the tip-off, I learned it from a former coach and it's useful for an undersized post like myself (maybe your daughter should learn my technique) it has a fairly high success rate. Sycamore had a chance, we just couldn't match the incredible shooting of the Lady Indians. Thats ok though, next time we'll be better prepared. But congrats on the win.

Hey I thought Sycamore would beat Harpeth and Cheatham too. I was wrong. Harpeth and Cheatham will play for this district again this year. ( No Fairview you don't have a chance.) I would advise to wait intil you win "one" game lifetime against those two before you talk smack. What is it 0-20, or more?

Talking smack? Ok MID10. The district has just begun, so you might not want to talk smack either... :thumb:

Haha :thumb: Newcheeseburger? Thats cute...

My name has been butchered in the past but this one is the lamest by far. It's Neuenschwander and I'm proud of my last name. As for the tip-off, I learned it from a former coach and it's useful for an undersized post like myself (maybe your daughter should learn my technique) it has a fairly high success rate. Sycamore had a chance, we just couldn't match the incredible shooting of the Lady Indians. Thats ok though, next time we'll be better prepared. But congrats on the win.

If you are the jumper and crossing the center line (jumping into the other jumper), that is illegal. A good referee that knows the rules will call that.

I've seen the jump ball thing they are talking about at several games and I have never seen the ref ever call it. I can't believe that some are whining about a jump ball, I mean they won by 15 what else do they want? I think Harpeth had a great game and really came out to ready to play, but I think that there is a lot more game still to be played in this season so don't get too over confident.

Just a warning. If this is a pattern for this team, a good coach will call it to the referees attention before the jump ball.

I guess you would say it is a pattern because they have been doing it every game for the past two years and it has never been called on them.

You can argue all you want, but if they bring it to regional tourney in Lexington, it will be called, especially now that it's been brought to attention. I've seen it called plenty.

i wouldn't talk. Mendenhall has been a one man team since the fourth grade. i saw

her play, and she did it herself. Now since she actually has players that are "good"

surrounding her she doesn't know what to do. Ellis was a very good player as well and i enjoyed watching her play, i still do. if you don't know much about certain people i wouldn't be talking crap about them

Besides allstar23 isn't nikki you bone heads

Shawna is an awesome player, she is now a post when she used to be a gaurd, could you have made that change as well as she, i don't think so.

Shawna surprises me sometimes because she gets mad at her self for screwing up but then still plays well, and i've seen her play through pain so that injury won't be a problem unless E.D. realizes it bothers her(which it doesn't)

So you need to address the fact that most of you don't know what you're talking about because you don't even know these people

so take your foot out of your mouth and do a little research before you post something on the internet that you don't know for sure

Maybe you should take your own advice, sycamore standby!!!! Have you even seen Mendenhall play since the 4th grade? Maybe you remember Sycamore triple-teaming her way back then. Seems to me she has quite a few assists in any given game these days. Don't think one-man teams can do that. I think she knows what to do just fine. You wanna talk about one-man team then maybe you should look a little further on the roster. As far as Nikki goes, I think she's a great player, and wouldn't put her down at all. Regarding her sister, don't know much about her so sure wouldn't offer an opinion one way or the other. Do you really know the people you are talking about? I'm beginning to wonder.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe you should take your own advice, sycamore standby!!!! Have you even seen Mendenhall play since the 4th grade? Maybe you remember Sycamore triple-teaming her way back then. Seems to me she has quite a few assists in any given game these days. Don't think one-man teams can do that. I think she knows what to do just fine. You wanna talk about one-man team then maybe you should look a little further on the roster. As far as Nikki goes, I think she's a great player, and wouldn't put her down at all. Regarding her sister, don't know much about her so sure wouldn't offer an opinion one way or the other. Do you really know the people you are talking about? I'm beginning to wonder.

sycamore triple teaming her??? as for as i know sycamore doesnt have a fourth grade team. but maybe i dunno much