how bout them cosby eagles

cosbyeagle40

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give you credit for the only smart thing you said on your post. Timmy is a star, and deserves more credit than he gets. But as far as Cosby being over rated, they are the real deal. Yes, they may be playing some weak teams right now, but they will have plenty to brag about to you and others when it matters most, MARCH, when they are in Murfreesboro and you are at home scratching your head wondering when baseball practice starts.

First of all I don't play baseball I'm an athlete, athletes don't play baseball they play real sports. And let me give you credit for something smart you said. Cosby will be at the boro it appears, only see one more game they might lose on their schedule. It really doesn't matter they can't beat Middleton, they can't beat Grace , they can't beat Temple. Lets face it people we are in east tennessee, when a team other than Science Hill wins at the boro that is from this half of the state its an anomaly. Its simple demographics and they have better players on that side of the state. No one will remember who lost in the first round 6 months from now so what does it matter. I guess 10 years after graduation you can relive the glory days of the 30-2 season when we played 20 teams with losing records. But.....congrats on that impressive record it just looks good on paper to bad it won't translate into some hardware (i.e. a trophy from the boro).

First of all I don't play baseball I'm an athlete, athletes don't play baseball they play real sports. And let me give you credit for something smart you said. Cosby will be at the boro it appears, only see one more game they might lose on their schedule. It really doesn't matter they can't beat Middleton, they can't beat Grace , they can't beat Temple. Lets face it people we are in east tennessee, when a team other than Science Hill wins at the boro that is from this half of the state its an anomaly. Its simple demographics and they have better players on that side of the state. No one will remember who lost in the first round 6 months from now so what does it matter. I guess 10 years after graduation you can relive the glory days of the 30-2 season when we played 20 teams with losing records. But.....congrats on that impressive record it just looks good on paper to bad it won't translate into some hardware (i.e. a trophy from the boro).

Hmmm.....were should i start on this guy? I haven't read anything from anyone from Cosby saying Cosby would win the state. All anyone has said is its gonna be a great season and it appears that it will be. Another thing is if a team like Pigeon Forge can get hot and beat Cosby, why couldn't Cosby get hot and beat a team like Middleton. Cosby isn't just winning games its been absolute blow outs most of the time. They have done what good teams do, they have beat the scrubs to death, and they have pulled out the close wins against the better teams. No one is hyping a state championship from Cosby, but give me one reason why they can't compete for it. Everyone has givin the state to Middleton already,much like everyone had givin the National Title to USC. Guess what thats why you play the games! Anyone, any team can be beaten at any given time. Don't try to take away from a special season because of jealously, it is just ridiculous how everyone gets on this site and all they do is talk trash about other teams and other people. This is highschool basketball these are kids no one has the right to try to tarnish their accomplishments by adding jealous posts, it has gotten to the point that all this site is good for is trash talking and not sports talk, there would be many more Plus memebers if this was taken care of! In closing don't take it out on these kids because of your insecurities of things you never accomplished so you do want them to succeed so you can talk trash! Get over it its suppose to be fun for them and their parents its OK for them to be proud they have that right.

So, what is it you are an athlete in, trash talking others who are better than you? If you was an athlete, right now you would be practicing to get better to beat teams like Cosby, instead of sitting behind a computer trying to put down a team who has worked their tails off to make something of their program. Cosby isn't like the teams from Memphis who can pick and choose from a large talent pool, whose parents can move from one side of the city to the other to play for a "better" team.

Great responses jmpshtr101 & GREENEDEVILMOM. I don't know what this guy's problem is with Cosby but he puts The Eagles down every chance he gets. I had plan to respond to his nonsense but you two said it all.

Caleb, I guess we'll never know how the Cosby vs cocke co. game would turn out since cocke co. won't play us.

So how is the season going for the big red this year? :thumb:

I haven't been following them too closely

How can anyone trash Cosby? They haven't been beatin all year. Todd Jenkins is the worst player you've ever seen? That is just disrespect. Personally I think every team has the chance to beat any team. They just have to convert and get some stops. Last time I checked everytime before the game starts the scoreboard says 0-0. Now, I don't know anything about Cocke Co., but I would say that Cosby,13-1, would give Cocke County,2-10, a good run for their money. I think my pride would feel a whole lot better if I was 13-1 in A, than if i was 2-10 in AA. Does todd have to sit out again or two? It is none of my busness what he did, but I think some schools if you are suspended you must sit out 2 games.

PS If you can't keep the game close It doesn't do alot of good. And Cherokee beat Cocke County 58-44, but Cherokee lost to cosby 86-63. Now everyone is gonna start saying something about this, but on paper Cosby looks about 20+ better than Cocke county.

if you wont to talk about matchups. cocke county beat gp by 20. cosby won by 9. who cocke county played that cosby played doesnt mean a thing. I think looking at each player on both teams that Cocke County matches up better. I have played with todd jenkins before and all he has is a jump shot. He likes to shoot just a little too much. Cosby depends on the three too much. yeah they have got good shooters but when you put defense on them it is a different story. they wouldnt know anything about defense. they have seen it or played it.

my god does jenkins shoot the ball!! the single most selfish player i've ever seen he's played at GP with us wow he hasn't improved since his freshman year and that was coming form some of ur Cosby boys that play with us lol cocke county has its ballhog too in carmicheal(carmichael is a better player hands down ) so cosby still wins by 15 or more. well said about cosby not seeing defense. they've been playing horse all year.

Edited by VoiceOfReason

terence is getting better. he is their go-to-guy. sometimes he has to ballhog the ball. he is way better than anybody Cosby has got.

Cocke County also has a sophmore post that is improving quick. I think Cocke County by the end of the year will be able to compete with Greeneville and Mo West.

I would like to see both teams in the county be competative. Ray Evans did well coaching the freshman a few years back, plus Ray actually has some basketball expierence at highschool and the college level unlike a past coach. and Wade Wester is a great teacher of the game ( if the kids listen and give him the respect he deserves). Terrance might beat Cosbys players 1 on 1 but its a team game and he lacks the instincts that the Cosby players have. Not sure he could hang with Timmy, and i assure u i've played many pick up games with both of them and Timmy is the real deal! CCHS will improve no doubt but this isn't the year they would compete with Cosby. You are right playing teams like Bearden and Greenville will do nothing but make you better CCHS has some good size coming up so I look foward to better years.

Edited by jmpshtr101

my god does jenkins shoot the ball!! the single most selfish player i've ever seen he's played at GP with us wow he hasn't improved since his freshman year and that was coming form some of ur Cosby boys that play with us lol cocke county has its ballhog too in carmicheal(carmichael is a better player hands down ) so cosby still wins by 15 or more. well said about cosby not seeing defense. they've been playing horse all year.

Ahhh someone is bitter from the beating they took in the Gatlinburg adult league (which was won by a newport team) grow up if you are who i think you're jealous because you just can't play!!! jealousy is a horrible thing i pitty you, you poor guy. should have stuck with football.

Travis Kelley would take Timmy Blakely to school. Kelley has a few inches on Blakley. If you have seen Kelley here lately you would be shocked how much he has improved.

I'm sorry but if he's that good why hasn't this tranlated into victories?? Terrance is a Senior his time for improving is running out so that really doesn't matter does it? Blakley isn't just proving himself at Cosby he did it over the summer in AAU with the Travelers i've seen CCHS play as much as Cosby saying kelley would take Timmy to school is like saying a college team could compete with the Pistons. The difference is that big Timmy is faster, stronger, a much better leaper, and is completly fundamental, he will play college ball possibly at a small D1 school. Its not even close i'm sorry. But i'm glad to see someone go to bat for CCHS nothing bad to say about you or my alma mater. Timmy is a Baller!!

Edited by jmpshtr101