Bolivar @ Liberty

baseballa28

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

baseballa what you gotta say now. we're number 1!!!!!

If you wanna talk bad then I guess I will say somethin......we played sloppy in the first half and were down by 17 points......we came back and almost beat you playing against 8 of you including the referees......dont get me wrong yall are good but the better team didnt win last night and i aint the only one saying that.

I just dont understand, u cant give them the respect they deserve? All everyone is been saying is how ur gonna beat Bolivar, U DIDNT. Face it, they came to ur place and shoved it down ur throat. By the way, The Refs were horrible, they called everything for Liberty, had to have been Jackson Refs. WHat happened to one of the best defenders in the state? Willie made him want to go back to Middle School.

Bolivar wins 75-71.

They hold Chism to 2 points in the second half, and Kemp with out a field goal in the second half. Kemp hit clutch free throws down the stretch to help Bolivar hold off Liberty.

Evans and Long,the two best players on the team, both fouled out in the 4th quarter.

Nobody on Bolivar's team had over 3 fouls.

Good call on the score jcmjeff, do you want to go to Tunica?

hey montague - I meant to tell you that I know your dad and uncle and they are great people . Also, Chism only scoring 2 points - like I said, sometimes he just disappears like he is just not there. Shouldn't be that way for a guy about as tall as Shaq. I am not saying he isn't good, it is just that he is not as great and overpowering as everyone thinks. Bolivar is beatable and I think the Lex Tigers will do it this year.

hey montague - I meant to tell you that I know your dad and uncle and they are great people . Also, Chism only scoring 2 points - like I said, sometimes he just disappears like he is just not there. Shouldn't be that way for a guy about as tall as Shaq. I am not saying he isn't good, it is just that he is not as great and overpowering as everyone thinks. Bolivar is beatable and I think the Lex Tigers will do it this year.

YOU MUST MEAN LEXINGTON THE REFS. THE FANS AND THE BOOSTERS IN THE REFS. POCKETS

YOU MUST MEAN LEXINGTON THE REFS. THE FANS AND THE BOOSTERS IN THE REFS. POCKETS

Good one - that is the old snake oil advantage. Gardner apparently learned early on to "wine and dine" the refs just before the game in his famous booster room. Pretty sly idea. I got to hand it to him, not a clue on how to coach in the big ones, but smart enough to get the refs on his side. That could be a 2 to 6 point advantage in a big game, say against someone like Bolivar where I'd say the game may be decided this year (especially in Lexington) by 2 or 3 points. This is going to be a dandy!!!!!!

Wayne, and the rest of the guys, will have 9-10 days to get healthy during Christmas break. This, along with playing "their" game, should be enough to get them back on track after Christmas. Just the right time!

But it should be a good game, I'm not taking anything away from anybody. I just know Bolivar has the players and great coaching...they just need to pull it together. Maybe by then that "5th player"...whoever it is, will step up and take charge. There are 2-3 that are capable of filling that slot.

I think they will when the time comes...but it sure is scary to watch! :blink:

Wayne, and the rest of the guys, will have 9-10 days to get healthy during Christmas break. This, along with playing "their" game, should be enough to get them back on track after Christmas. Just the right time!

But it should be a good game, I'm not taking anything away from anybody. I just know Bolivar has the players and great coaching...they just need to pull it together. Maybe by then that "5th player"...whoever it is, will step up and take charge. There are 2-3 that are capable of filling that slot.

I think they will when the time comes...but it sure is scary to watch! :blink:

Good prediction but not going to happen we have a 30+ game schedule this yr. they go to Bristol on the 26-30th for the ARBY's Classic. They play I think 3 games there. I wish we did have time to get healthy. But you are right hopefully they will go ahead and get it together. Off to a good start on that with the freshman stepping up they Last 2or 3 games with 15pts.7bds. and5to7ast. per game. Also Madden will eventually get the plays and be a big tribute