Franklin @ Siegel 12/13

Bigdust100

We credited Franklin with the win SEVERAL times. Great Coaching from Franklin (been said) They played lockdown defense and didn't let us rest on the perimeter...(been said). Didn't get luke involved (been said). Dribble penetration for Franklin worked (been said). I'd recommend reading the posts about the actual game before making up things to fault Siegel for. You'll find it goes alot longer in actual appearing to know what your talking about ;)

read back Hoolie..........bad refs comes to mind on several Siegel posts.......fluke foul on Luke..... We would have won if we had had Keith...........

But a few of your posters have actually given Franklin their props.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

read back Hoolie..........bad refs comes to mind on several Siegel posts.......fluke foul on Luke..... We would have won if we had had Keith...........

But a few of your posters have actually given Franklin their props.

Agreed. Put it this way. I havent said this yet but as of this POINT in the Franklin is a better TEAM. Im not saying they will win more games or are even better than them, but as a TEAM (5 players playing together) they are better and before yall jump on me they are a better TEAM than Riverdale too. They executed to perfection. They didnt take a bad shot all game. They passed and cut, backdoor cut, were constantly moving, it was beautiful. Siegel has GREAT players. Jimmy, Darius, Cutter, and Kieth (I know he didnt play) are all GREAT individual basketball players and they have beat teams so far with that. But Franklin didnt have anyone that wanted the glory individually of beating Siegel. They went to the offensive glass, they played great bball last night, old school style. They passed it to the open man and it was just joy to my eyes.

Agreed. Put it this way. I havent said this yet but as of this POINT in the Franklin is a better TEAM. Im not saying they will win more games or are even better than them, but as a TEAM (5 players playing together) they are better and before yall jump on me they are a better TEAM than Riverdale too. They executed to perfection. They didnt take a bad shot all game. They passed and cut, backdoor cut, were constantly moving, it was beautiful. Siegel has GREAT players. Jimmy, Darius, Cutter, and Kieth (I know he didnt play) are all GREAT individual basketball players and they have beat teams so far with that. But Franklin didnt have anyone that wanted the glory individually of beating Siegel. They went to the offensive glass, they played great bball last night, old school style. They passed it to the open man and it was just joy to my eyes.

I think that was quite a knowledgeable post.....however I disagree with one aspect....Siegel had a better shooting percentage in the first half on both FT's and from the field. They kept commenting that if FHS had hit their shots they would be up by 20 at the half. Refer back to whereever it was that I posted the percentages....I think it was like 42%. No clue how it all shook out in the 2nd half or the final total.

The only thing I said about Keith is we could have won the game WITHOUT him , just didnt happen Also the fluke foul came from Jordan, hs sports fan, and us siegel posters. And I'll make no bones about it...I didn't like the officials, too inconsistent, but at no time did I blame a loss on them. My first post starts out with crediting the Franklin coach for this win. Made us pay for several things we had been doin all year and had his team prepared. I said the shots weren't falling for siegel but if thats not giving people enough credit for a win then I guess I am guilty.

Wow, I'm humbled. Hope nobody on our team reads this. They might get the big head! But I too really appreciate team play and great passing. I don't think that ever gets Old. (School)

Franklin[/url'>HSfan' post='825873101' date='Dec 14 2005 - 07:50 PM']

Wow, I'm humbled. Hope nobody on our team reads this. They might get the big head! But I too really appreciate team play and great passing. I don't think that ever gets Old. (School)

ALSO, Coach Harris has to take some credit for this loss. The end of the game situation was disasterous. Let me explain and I dont see how ANYONE will be able to argue with me.

Ok Franklin went up by 3 with 1:04 left and Siegel got the ball back. And they tried for a WHOLE minute just about to shoot the 3. They came down and panicked for like the first 30 seconds. Darius was over in my corner and he had picked up his dribble and kept pump faking to try to shoot a DEEP 3 off balance and everything, it would have been a horrible shot but when he went up to shoot the defender stripped it and it went out of bounds.

Harris called a timeout with about 35 to 45 seconds left and I have NO IDEA what was said but they came back out and did the same thing. Franklin was not going to give up a 3. Then Darius tried to pass it back out to Jimmy and it was stolen and they went up by either 5 or 6. Then of course you shoot the 3 and Jimmy banked in another one and they fouled and the guy missed the front end of the one and one and Jimmy passed it to Cutter for a last second half court shot that missed.

That is TERRIBLE. Franklin was playing so far out and switching EVERYTHING when Siegel got the ball back with 1:04 left in the game down by 3 they should not have been lookin for a 3 ESPECIALLY the way Franklin was defending. They were giving up any back door cut to the basket and Lucas or whoever was down there was one on one in the post they were just trying not to give up the 3. In that situation you take the open two and get the 2 points to make it a one point game. Then Siegel only had 7 fouls...... So then you play good D and go for the steal then you foul and they goto the line for a ONE AND ONE, not 2 shots. Who knows if you do that and they missed the first then you get the ball back down by one with a 40 or 50 somethin seconds left and if you miss your still down by one and you foul them again and go back for the one and one. For some unknown reason Siegel insisted on getting off a shot from 3 and in the mean time they ran out almost the whole clock, called a timeout, and turned it over.

The only thing I said about Keith is we could have won the game WITHOUT him , just didnt happen Also the fluke foul came from Jordan, hs sports fan, and us siegel posters. And I'll make no bones about it...I didn't like the officials, too inconsistent, but at no time did I blame a loss on them. My first post starts out with crediting the Franklin coach for this win. Made us pay for several things we had been doin all year and had his team prepared. I said the shots weren't falling for siegel but if thats not giving people enough credit for a win then I guess I am guilty.

Hoole wasn't targeting only you......read the other posts back and you will see what/who I am talking about. I always know that no matter how you feel about the game, that you will come on and eventually give credit where due/

ALSO, Coach Harris has to take some credit for this loss. The end of the game situation was disasterous. Let me explain and I dont see how ANYONE will be able to argue with me.

Ok Franklin went up by 3 with 1:04 left and Siegel got the ball back. And they tried for a WHOLE minute just about to shoot the 3. They came down and panicked for like the first 30 seconds. Darius was over in my corner and he had picked up his dribble and kept pump faking to try to shoot a DEEP 3 off balance and everything, it would have been a horrible shot but when he went up to shoot the defender stripped it and it went out of bounds.

Harris called a timeout with about 35 to 45 seconds left and I have NO IDEA what was said but they came back out and did the same thing. Franklin was not going to give up a 3. Then Darius tried to pass it back out to Jimmy and it was stolen and they went up by either 5 or 6. Then of course you shoot the 3 and Jimmy banked in another one and they fouled and the guy missed the front end of the one and one and Jimmy passed it to Cutter for a last second half court shot that missed.

That is TERRIBLE. Franklin was playing so far out and switching EVERYTHING when Siegel got the ball back with 1:04 left in the game down by 3 they should not have been lookin for a 3 ESPECIALLY the way Franklin was defending. They were giving up any back door cut to the basket and Lucas or whoever was down there was one on one in the post they were just trying not to give up the 3. In that situation you take the open two and get the 2 points to make it a one point game. Then Siegel only had 7 fouls...... So then you play good D and go for the steal then you foul and they goto the line for a ONE AND ONE, not 2 shots. Who knows if you do that and they missed the first then you get the ball back down by one with a 40 or 50 somethin seconds left and if you miss your still down by one and you foul them again and go back for the one and one. For some unknown reason Siegel insisted on getting off a shot from 3 and in the mean time they ran out almost the whole clock, called a timeout, and turned it over.

EXCELLENT assessment. ......even tho I was NOT at this game....you are saying many of the exact things that the radio announcers were. Given Siegel's horrific 3 pt shooting inability last night......last thing they should try was the 3. BRAVO, sports fan.

EXCELLENT assessment. ......even tho I was NOT at this game....you are saying many of the exact things that the radio announcers were. Given Siegel's horrific 3 pt shooting inability last night......last thing they should try was the 3. BRAVO, sports fan.

I honestly feel like it was just TERRIBLE coaching. Surely he didnt tell them to just go for the 3. You dont go for the 3 in that case unless you HAVE to. Especially in the one and one situation, if it were 2 FT shots it MIGHT be a little different. They really only hit 2 three's if you take away Jimmy's desperation bank 3 pointer inside 10 seconds. Harris should have called the timeout 10 seconds after he saw what they were trying to do and ran a back screen or pick and roll to the basket and got the two and fouled and done like i said.

I wondered why we didnt try to get a quick two also.... Another thing I wondered...Did Siegel not have any timeouts left at the end after Jimmy got the rebound on that free throw?

Me being a basketball player i can explain that. I dont know if they had timeouts or not but this is why you dont call a timeout in that situation. For one this is HS basketball not the NBA. When you call a timeout in the NBA you get the ball at Half court........ not so in high school. If its the NBA yea you would b/c it puts you alot closer the basket and alot closer to the 3 point line and it doesnt in HS. Also you wouldnt call one b/c that allows the defense to get matched up and defend. When Jimmy got the rebound with less than 5 seconds down by 3 he dribbled until someone picked him up and found Cutter wide open. Yes it was a wide open half court shot but it was still probably the best possible look for the particular situation.

Guest dare_2_dream

I wondered why we didnt try to get a quick two also.... Another thing I wondered...Did Siegel not have any timeouts left at the end after Jimmy got the rebound on that free throw?

no i asked reavis about it and we had none...