Region2 small schools

NationWrestlr135

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does any one have any predictions who will make it to the small school sectional duals?

Kingston and Seymour should be strong, Greenback I am not sure of, but I believe they are down from last year. Alcoa is rebuilding after losing numerous starters due to loss of interest. I look to see Kingston, Seymour, and Catholic battling it out for first this year.

Kingston and Seymour should be strong, Greenback I am not sure of, but I believe they are down from last year. Alcoa is rebuilding after losing numerous starters due to loss of interest. I look to see Kingston, Seymour, and Catholic battling it out for first this year.

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but, when you are giving up 24 points before the dual starts due to forfeits, beating an already tough Seymour, Catholic, and Pigeon Forge is near to impossible. I look for Pigeon Forge to sneak in there. Coach Foreman has done an outstanding job with his team, as has Coach McCroskey, Coach B. But, Pigeon Forge is being very quiet about their business. Sectional duals should be very good this year.

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but, when you are giving up 24 points before the dual starts due to forfeits, beating an already tough Seymour, Catholic, and Pigeon Forge is near to impossible. I look for Pigeon Forge to sneak in there. Coach Foreman has done an outstanding job with his team, as has Coach McCroskey, Coach B. But, Pigeon Forge is being very quiet about their business. Sectional duals should be very good this year.

Does Pigeonforge have a full lineup, I don't know about this year but they did not last year, and I fiure that Catholic will have a full tough team. In the long run I think it will be Catholic winning over Seymour by a few. I just figured that Kingston would put up a great fight, I am sure they will. I did not know Kingston had so many forfeits, has it been like that every year.

Does Pigeonforge have a full lineup, I don't know about this year but they did not last year, and I fiure that Catholic will have a full tough team. In the long run I think it will be Catholic winning over Seymour by a few. I just figured that Kingston would put up a great fight, I am sure they will. I did not know Kingston had so many forfeits, has it been like that every year.

Last year we forfeited 112 and Hwt. This year, early, it looked as though we would have every weight class filled, but because of kids not following team rules, and kids quitting for various reasons, that wasn't the case. My 125 has been out with a shoulder injury, but will be back in full swing by the first of the year. And, supposedly, I have a new 112 coming to practice today. After the first of the year, minus any further injuries, I'll be giving up forfeits at 103 and Hwt.

Edited by rcpatriot

Last year we forfeited 112 and Hwt. This year, early, it looked as though we would have every weight class filled, but because of kids not following team rules, and kids quitting for various reasons, that wasn't the case. My 125 has been out with a shoulder injury, but will be back in full swing by the first of the year. And, supposedly, I have a new 112 coming to practice today. After the first of the year, minus any further injuries, I'll be giving up forfeits at 103 and Hwt.

Who is your 125, I think I remember him, if he is the same as last year. Is it Roddy, if so, I hate to hear that for him. He is a great guy. I sympathize with shoulder injuries, I am out for the rest of the season with a seperated shoulder most likly. At least it does not appear to need surgery. I hope your 125 heals quick and stays healthy, injuries are a pain during a season. Last year I wrestled the majority of the year with my ribs wrapped up due to bruising and fractures on the bone. Along with numerous knee/shoulder problems.

Edited by alcoa11905

That's the disadvantage of not being a full time teacher at the school. Our coach use to pull them out of the halls and get them on the mat. :blink:

That's the disadvantage of not being a full time teacher at the school. Our coach use to pull them out of the halls and get them on the mat. :blink:

The question the wrestling coach is known for "Who are you, how much do you weigh, and when will you be at wrestling practice?". I have asked that many times when I was in high school. As a middle school AAU coach I encourage the kids to ask their friends that question. On Alcoas AAU team we have kids from 65 to 141 lbs, but that is it. They are all bunched up. I keep encouraging the kids to recruit.

That's the disadvantage of not being a full time teacher at the school. Our coach use to pull them out of the halls and get them on the mat. :thumb:

Actually, the disadvantage is football coaches that won't encourage football players to wrestle. In fact, discourage it. I've walked the halls recruiting. Heck, we co-op with Harriman H.S., and still can't fill all our weight classes. If it weren't for the two that I have from them I'd have to forfeit those weight classes also! We have a great feeder program that I should start seeing the benefits from next year, but I'll still have to find a Hwt.

I'll get off my "soapbox" for now.