WILL HUMBOLDT GO ALL THE WAY?

dollar1906

I believe I stated clearly that I wasn't bragging...just giving information on Humboldt's latest game...I'm afraid I can't help that we're playing all these teams, or that we're in this district or even in 1A...but if you go look at any of my previous posts...I don't think I've ever downed another team...just hyping up our school...which is what everyone else does...but I always make it clear that I'm not directing any disrepect towards another school, because that isn't showing class...so for you to make a comment about me just giving information on a game, you sure do seem to be on this thing 24/7 talking about how wonderful you're Middleton Tigers are...and I really do wish that the Hall of Fame game would not have been cancelled...because, it was at Humboldt...and I think that you might be slightly underestimating their team just because of their weak schedule...I mean, I apologize for us not making a trip to the Bahamas, Hawaii, or Alaska...guess it just isn't in our budget...but we're still very capable of beating Middleton...and about the Grand Junction thing, there was no big deal about that...a guy I know works up there from time to time and people from there tell him that all the time, so I just figured I'd pass along the info...oh, and yes, yall played Bolivar tough, and beat a Chism'less Bolivar team once...we also played them tough a couple of times last year when they were better and when we weren't near as good as we are now...Bolivar, while still the premiere team in the area, is not AS good as they've been the past couple of years...so, don't think you are the best team around just because you beat them and some team off in Mississippi...because you lost to those two very same teams...so, just wait until we play Lake Co. and Union City twice after Christmas...and if we're beat in any of those games...I"ll make a full-blown apology to you personally M-Town Baller...to show you that I'm not just talking smack...just giving my honest opinion on things :P

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assure you my friend Union City had all four classes counted when they turned in their enrollment for this classification period. What someone may be telling you is this freshman class does not count because the classification was done on last years enrollment. The enrollment will be turned in after a two year period and if Union City, or anyone else's enrollment for that matter, shows a 20% increase they move up a classification for the final two years. This years and next years freshmen will be counted in that so if those two classes are considerably larger than the two who graduate out they could move up for 2007-09. I hope this clears up the enrollment questions. By the way, Gleason girls didn't seem to mind Union City or Humboldt are in Class A.

Thank you, my Mentor, from the bottom of my heart for clarifying some needed information to help people (browniemagee) develop a better understanding of what they have no idea what they are talking about. OCCHS's enrollment is so much greater than that of Union City's for reasons that are not understood or appreciated if you live outside Obion County. Parents choose to send their children where they want for these reasons. Also, if you live in Union City you may still send your child to the county schools because that is the law as it is in any county. Union City's population has actually declined over the years so there is very little opportunity for growth in the city school system. Trust me, I am proof to that fact. Please Browniemagee, understand the facts. AND PLEASE STOP WHINING ABOUT CLASSIFICATION!! :P

Thank you, my Mentor, from the bottom of my heart for clarifying some needed information to help people (browniemagee) develop a better understanding of what they have no idea what they are talking about. OCCHS's enrollment is so much greater than that of Union City's for reasons that are not understood or appreciated if you live outside Obion County. Parents choose to send their children where they want for these reasons. Also, if you live in Union City you may still send your child to the county schools because that is the law as it is in any county. Union City's population has actually declined over the years so there is very little opportunity for growth in the city school system. Trust me, I am proof to that fact. Please Browniemagee, understand the facts. AND PLEASE STOP WHINING ABOUT CLASSIFICATION!! ;)

Anytime my fine former falcon friend. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

sorry bhhvols , i haven't been enlightened about the things i have no idea of what i'm talking about!???? NWHOOP..did a great job of explaining the way tssaa formulated the current setup & thanks to NWH . Maybe you can explain the part of your post about the mystery of why UC parents chose to send their kids to a school 10 miles away and then those of us outside Obion Co. will understand and appreciate the reason a town of 10800 has an enrollment of 442 students . no whining here my friend , just the facts please.... like i said, classification didn't exist in my day but it does now ... play on even ground !! Congrats to UC 75-19 & HUM. 90-39 over Glea. By the way, congrats to Gleason girls but mens bball is a whole different matter , so that example is rare.

sorry bhhvols , i haven't been enlightened about the things i have no idea of what i'm talking about!???? NWHOOP..did a great job of explaining the way tssaa formulated the current setup & thanks to NWH . Maybe you can explain the part of your post about the mystery of why UC parents chose to send their kids to a school 10 miles away and then those of us outside Obion Co. will understand and appreciate the reason a town of 10800 has an enrollment of 442 students . no whining here my friend , just the facts please....

well...for one reason parents want their kids to go to the same school that they did. and, second, you can draw your own inference, but Obion Co. has about 12 black people in their school out of about 1000.

i have read enough about union city being double a school .and as far as enrollment you are wrong. we have 391 not 442 . call the school we don' t have to cheat to win and i am sorry you all are trying to justify getting beat by saying they are a double a team . quit whinning and play better. and i am from south fulton not union city :thumb:

i do agree quit whinning!!!!! but going to single a is the best thing that ever happen to the union city girls!!!!!!! having to play who we did in double a was bad for the girls. we had almost every powerhouse in the state in our district and i can say i hate to have to play them!!!! i know we are a better team this year but going to single a helped the girls and don't say that it is not. we did beat oc this year for the first time in 11 years. the girls just can't play in double a but can play in single a!!!!! i think that the girls are just where thay in to be. the boys may not need to be in single a but who cares that is how it is going to be for awhile. I AM VERY PROUD OF OUR GIRLS AND THEY ARE DOING GREAT!!!!!!!!!!