Region 2

gun816

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MB1, don't try to prode me into rehashing my displeasure with a certain coach. You know exactly what I'm referring to. Good try though! :lol:

No, our region isn't boring this year. Just seems like some are avoiding good competition in our on region. Instead, they want to meet the minimum requirements set by TSSAA to only wrestle those in their district, then wrestle outside of their region the rest of the season, until region individuals. Sound familiar? :lol:

MB1, don't try to prode me into rehashing my displeasure with a certain coach. You know exactly what I'm referring to. Good try though! ;)

No, our region isn't boring this year. Just seems like some are avoiding good competition in our on region. Instead, they want to meet the minimum requirements set by TSSAA to only wrestle those in their district, then wrestle outside of their region the rest of the season, until region individuals. Sound familiar? :thumb:

RCP-wasn't trying to prode U. Just didn;t understand what the post meant?

I think I do now!

Yep, 171 looks like an exciting weight this year. I25s look competitive.

Congrats to the Nation. Small County School of 300+ beating School of 2400.

Greenback 39, Farragut 36

Great heart shown by the nations 189 vs Admirals Hvy. The young man was giving up 60lbs and was about to be turned and pinned but fought out of it to only give up 3 points as a team vs the 6.

Ads were w/o there starting 125 and 130.

Congrats to the Nation. Small County School of 300+ beating School of 2400.

Greenback 39, Farragut 36

Great heart shown by the nations 189 vs Admirals Hvy. The young man was giving up 60lbs and was about to be turned and pinned but fought out of it to only give up 3 points as a team vs the 6.

Ads were w/o there starting 125 and 130.

I thought perhaps you may have exagerated the enrollment figures for each school so I looked them up on the TSSAA website. You weren't off by much.

Enrollment per TSSAA

Greenback - 255

Farragut - 2136

I thought perhaps you may have exagerated the enrollment figures for each school so I looked them up on the TSSAA website. You weren't off by much.

Enrollment per TSSAA

Greenback - 255

Farragut - 2136

O-4s try to be correct. The locale paper said Farragut had 2,365 I thought I GBHS was under 300 but knew it was close.

From what I've seen Seymour is the school to beat ion the A/AA region 2 duals. GB is missing to many weights.

Good luck to all!

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

Young Bearden team is coming together nicely at end of season. Team has 6 JR, 1 SO, and 8 FR (8 first year wrestlers - NEVER wrestled in their lives) and has won 5 of last 7 duals with wins over Powell, Halls, West, Heritage, and Sevier County.

Tonight:

BHS 30 - S Doyle 42 (BHS wins 5 of 9 contested matches)

BHS 45 - Sevier Co 30 (BHS wins 8 of 10 contested matches)

(look for individual results in News Sentinel tomorrow)

Young Bearden team is coming together nicely at end of season. Team has 6 JR, 1 SO, and 8 FR (8 first year wrestlers - NEVER wrestled in their lives) and has won 5 of last 7 duals with wins over Powell, Halls, West, Heritage, and Sevier County.

Tonight:

BHS 30 - S Doyle 42 (BHS wins 5 of 9 contested matches)

BHS 45 - Sevier Co 30 (BHS wins 8 of 10 contested matches)

(look for individual results in News Sentinel tomorrow)

Congrats! Hope, Your coach stays around for a while.