Hampton Basketball

volfan68

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you blame them for playing so bad? They get on here and see what you all write about them and I'd say it's a bit of a bummer. I wouldn't want to play for you bunch of hypocritical pessimists either. Winning is good, yes, but when did we lose the fact that sports are supposed to teach teamwork, provide structure, and so forth. What's the saying "It's not if we win or lose but how we play the game." Even when these guys have good game you all bash them. When they have a bad game, you bash them some more. I've not seen one bit of praise for any of the Hampton players. I'd like to say that some of them are trying and that is evident and I give them props for that. It's true that they might not be playing to their potential right now but sometime it will all fall together because this is a good group of ball players. It might just take a while to mesh back in to the whole basketball mentality. So instead of beating them while their down maybe you guys should offer a little bit of encouragement.

I'm not gonna get into all that stuff above, but I do know that the dogs haven't played up to their potential yet. I believe they can turn it around in the second half of the season; a win at Unaka would get them going in the right direction. I mean come on conference play hasn't even started yet so I'd give them a chance to prove themselves first. They have the talent. They have to control the ball turnovers have killed them and they need to keep key players out of foul trouble. The biggest thing they must do is finish games bc a few games they've played, they were the better team, but did not finish. I think they play hard, but people have to realize that they are a younger team than most think because only a couple have played real varsity mins. so they will make mistakes no way around it. If they find five that play well together, they can go far. Goodluck Tuesday night...Go Dogs!!! "Play hard and have fun"

Good point Luke...there are only a few players that have played key varsity minutes. They are a young team and maybe things will turn around. I still wish we could quit with the bashing. And 2sweeet I'd just like to say that most people on here are hiding behind false names and untraceable identities so it doesn't matter who says what about who. Those people who want to say something get on here and create false names and say whatever they want to so that there is no way to trace them. So I don't think anybody is afraid, per se. That's what I don't understand. There is all this trash talk...about coaches, about Lunceford, and so on, but not on this thread. It's very confusing. You obviously like to share your opinion...what's your real name? Why are you hiding? Is it because you have so much negative things to say? Are you afraid of the "powers that be"? I'd just like to point out that "the powers that be" have nothing to do with how the Bulldogs are playing right now. Bulldogs need to learn how to finish, just like was said, that's all. If they can play with a lead and cut down on the turnovers, they'll do just find. I think they're playing pretty good other than that.

wilson you must live in fantasyland if you believe what you said that names don't matter. You must not be from Hampton. volfan are you now 'bashing' the bulldogs too? Didn't you people get on 2sweet for doing the same thing. you know what he/she may not be so crazy after all. maybe they know a little of what they are talking about.

you know what...you're right in a way. i think i didn't make myself clear last time because i am so confused about all this. what i was trying to say is that you seem to souly focused on the name of someone instead of the talent they may or may not have. facts are facts, tolley didn't want the job and mcclain was the next choice. we can't change that and neither one of use are ever going to be able to. so let's leave it at that. like you said, nothings gonna change. i think i'm over all this anyway. say what you guys want, i'm not gonna read this anymore. it's too disappointing because, like i said before, there's no offer of praise for any kind of good work the dawgs may be putting out. oh well. besides, i'm pretty sure, almost 99%, i've figured out who you really are. disappointing. say what you want, i don't care.