Ft. Walton Beach Tourney

HALFCOURT

Florida bball must be really down...no disrespect to Riverdale but all TN teams seem to be dominating down there

Florida has a few very good teams, but not a lot of depth. I think TN teams are doing pretty well overall in most of the out-of-state tourneys. We have some really great teams right now.

Equally interesting on a national level is the less-than-impressive results of the west coast teams. Mater Dei, Lake Oswego, Dominguez which were all nationally ranked have yet to make a semi-finals in any of the big tournaments I have followed. Interesting.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me like Scott should be a shoe-in for All Tourney.

Yea I would think so.... He has called me everynight from down there and he says they are playing great ball. He said they didnt play as well yesterday as they did the first two games but they still won by like 17 so if you dont play great and win by that margin you must be atleast playing good. If i'm not mistaken I think he has had 18, 25, and 16 in the 3 games so far.

Yea I would think so.... He has called me everynight from down there and he says they are playing great ball. He said they didnt play as well yesterday as they did the first two games but they still won by like 17 so if you dont play great and win by that margin you must be atleast playing good. If i'm not mistaken I think he has had 18, 25, and 16 in the 3 games so far.

Very impressive numbers. Sounds like that ocean air may be agreeing with him...or is it the girls in bikinis?? hahaha

Riverdale won again yesterday. They beat Fort Meyers (FLA.) 75-51. Fort Meyers is the 8th ranked team in Florida and were previously unbeaten and Riverdale laid the SPACK DOWN to them. Riverdale was led by MY BOY Scott Thomas with 25 points, Tee Burnett contributed 18, and Kevin Smith chipped in 12 (all these guys will be back next year :thumb: )

They play in the semi-finals today at 8:30

Riverdale plays Dickson Co. in that semi-final matchup at 8:30 tonight. Two Tennessee teams running things in Florida. Go Warriors.

Just to be accurate, Ft. Myers was 10-1 before yesterday, and was ranked #9 in FL Class 5A, the second biggest class. They are currently not ranked in the top 25 overall in the state.

Just to be accurate, Ft. Myers was 10-1 before yesterday, and was ranked #9 in FL Class 5A, the second biggest class. They are currently not ranked in the top 25 overall in the state.

Ok I appreciate it. Its hard trying to keep up with the other teams down there, i was just going by word of mouth. Either way I would still consider it an impressive victory by beating them by 25.

itzme............ Arent both Riverdale girls and boys in the tonights championship?

Ok I appreciate it. Its hard trying to keep up with the other teams down there, i was just going by word of mouth. Either way I would still consider it an impressive victory by beating them by 25.

itzme............ Arent both Riverdale girls and boys in the tonights championship?

Yes...no doubt a great win and any team ranked in the top ten in any class is very good.

Not sure about who is in the championship game. I hope the Warriors are. TN teams are kickin' you know what in the out of state tourneys!

Edited by itzme