McMinn Central

haterofstupidity

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have since heard that she quit during a game, but she has now returned and she will be sitting out 5 games.

You are correct, Cami did quit the team during the super 16 tourney. I take full responsibility for what happened. After Monday's game, She was very upset with herself and as a mom I lost my temper with her and told her if she couldn't handle the pressure that maybe she shouldn't be playing. Her attitude about the game and the pressure she feels from her family and friends to excel temporarily pushed her over the edge. We had a long talk and I apologized for my rash behavior at seeing her so upset. She loves this game and she loves her coaches and teammates. Her coaches have graciously accepted our apologies and allowed her back on the team depending on her attitude. I can't thank them enough! Cami and I also apologize to the team for letting them down. Maybe she doesn't deserve this second chance, as I am sure some people will say. But, we are all human and make rash decisions. Her mind set now is to be there for the team 100% even if she has to sit out the rest of the year. I hope this puts to rest any rumors that are flying around and remember, she's still just a kid.

You are correct, Cami did quit the team during the super 16 tourney. I take full responsibility for what happened. After Monday's game, She was very upset with herself and as a mom I lost my temper with her and told her if she couldn't handle the pressure that maybe she shouldn't be playing. Her attitude about the game and the pressure she feels from her family and friends to excel temporarily pushed her over the edge. We had a long talk and I apologized for my rash behavior at seeing her so upset. She loves this game and she loves her coaches and teammates. Her coaches have graciously accepted our apologies and allowed her back on the team depending on her attitude. I can't thank them enough! Cami and I also apologize to the team for letting them down. Maybe she doesn't deserve this second chance, as I am sure some people will say. But, we are all human and make rash decisions. Her mind set now is to be there for the team 100% even if she has to sit out the rest of the year. I hope this puts to rest any rumors that are flying around and remember, she's still just a kid.

well, that is great that you take full responsibility for making her quit! It is hard sometimes I think to see your son or daughter play and have a bad game or tourn and see them sitting the bench. I saw your daughter play some and will tell you she is a good player and needs to keep working. My goodness I think she is only a junior. If more parents would just sit back and have fun during thier childs years in high school you would see more kids excel in the sports they play. Parents try to push the kids and the family does too and most time it just ends up in the child quiting. You did a smart thing in calling to point it was you that caused this and please learn from this and let your emotions not be shown about your dislikes of playing time or ect. :blink:

well, that is great that you take full responsibility for making her quit! It is hard sometimes I think to see your son or daughter play and have a bad game or tourn and see them sitting the bench. I saw your daughter play some and will tell you she is a good player and needs to keep working. My goodness I think she is only a junior. If more parents would just sit back and have fun during thier childs years in high school you would see more kids excel in the sports they play. Parents try to push the kids and the family does too and most time it just ends up in the child quiting. You did a smart thing in calling to point it was you that caused this and please learn from this and let your emotions not be shown about your dislikes of playing time or ect. :blink:

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I am so passionate about Cami's basketball career because her ultimate goal is to get some form of a scholarship for college. This could be her ticket along with her grades to a better future. But, I have been warned by her to sit back, have fun and keep my mouth shut. :D

Its just so hard when you see them upset, and its not at the amount of playing time, she is harder on herself than anyone about making mistakes and it shows sometimes.

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I am so passionate about Cami's basketball career because her ultimate goal is to get some form of a scholarship for college. This could be her ticket along with her grades to a better future. But, I have been warned by her to sit back, have fun and keep my mouth shut. :blink:

Its just so hard when you see them upset, and its not at the amount of playing time, she is harder on herself than anyone about making mistakes and it shows sometimes.

glad you figured it out before your child suffered more. I wish you and your daughter well. besides, nothingl like sitting back and watching your kids growup :D

momof cami

You are definitely doing the right thing. I am glad she is with the girls again.

Thank you so much. By the way, She is looking forward to really improving her game in the following year and is curious about playing AAU. I know its a bit early but, has anyone heard about tryouts for any teams that might be getting together?

Also, I have been told about these events called basketball showcases. I think they had one at UTC 2 years ago, has anyone heard about another one?

Thank you so much. By the way, She is looking forward to really improving her game in the following year and is curious about playing AAU. I know its a bit early but, has anyone heard about tryouts for any teams that might be getting together?

Also, I have been told about these events called basketball showcases. I think they had one at UTC 2 years ago, has anyone heard about another one?

All showcases are on the net. Upcoming ones ect. AAU has a web sight for tryouts and also CoachT has one for tryouts also. To get noticed she needs to start going to camps!!!!!!!